Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think he dumped her for some reason and she was really cut up about it

They only dated for 6 months so it's the only explanation as to why she's got so much baggage :agree:

I remember during Violet promo she wrote a quick poem for Vogue that essentially drags Sean for leading her on, so much so that she finds her cats so much reliable. Old cat lady energy

I can't stop listening to BB and TB. I know I am nearly obsessed with Lana, but for real, how could it not? To me, she has finally reached that point of her career where you can dislike her songs, but you can''t say she isn't talented. Let's be completely honest. The narrative of BB, the intensity of TB and even WW... these songs are all lirically strong and telling of who she is right now, her place in the world, her experiences and even where she is willing to go. I can't wait for this album. I liked COOC a lot, but now, digging in these 3 new masterpieces, I already feel like I want more of it. I am ready for the next chapter. which will be her chapter, according to her words and songs. I am so thrilled and I feel glad I can get this type of music. I feel blessed honestly.

Okay, I just wanted to share my excitement, now it's time to come back to study and crying over TB. Bye!

tenor.gif?itemid=16696576

29 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

I have no issue with the name dropping in songs it makes the songs classics - she's doing it in the vein of a singer/songwriter and it fits

Name another singer/songwriter who name drops friends and family as prolifically?

Like what does the name dropping add to Blue Banisters other than to make it like a personal diary entry? 

Who cares if Chunk is baking a damn cake; that line (for example) adds nothing to the song and it's not exactly a showcase of spectacular lyricism. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

12 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

I can't stop listening to BB and TB. I know I am nearly obsessed with Lana, but for real, how could it not? To me, she has finally reached that point of her career where you can dislike her songs, but you can''t say she isn't talented. Let's be completely honest. The narrative of BB, the intensity of TB and even WW... these songs are all lirically strong and telling of who she is right now, her place in the world, her experiences and even where she is willing to go. I can't wait for this album. I liked COOC a lot, but now, digging in these 3 new masterpieces, I already feel like I want more of it. I am ready for the next chapter. which will be her chapter, according to her words and songs. I am so thrilled and I feel glad I can get this type of music. I feel blessed honestly.

Okay, I just wanted to share my excitement, now it's time to come back to study and crying over TB. Bye!

tenor.gif?itemid=16696576

Those three songs are so personal, each one show a different side of her vulnerability... in Text Book, when she says « And I saw you saw who I am » :wowcry: As if she wasn’t « enough » for him... 

And that promise, in Wildflower Wildfire, to not burn everything down, to control your own shit to give this blooming relationship a chance :oprah:

Since this album seems like the most personal one she ever put out, maybe the booklet could be a collection of her selfies, iPhone pictures of her and her family/friends (if she sticks with the selfie cover)?!? 

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Name another singer/songwriter who name drops friends and family as prolifically?

thats exactly one of the things that makes Lana so unique, no? No one else is giving us that.

3 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

idg the hate for the namedropping

is it because gays cant use random lines from the songs for their newest post on Instagram anymore orrrr

No, it's because it cheapens her work. It's repetitive and feels like the sole purpose is to be charitable and give her friends an acknowledgement. It's fine if it adds to the song, but it's usually pointless. 

I personally kinda love the name drops it’s makes it feel more personal and thought out but you can’t please everyone and there’s always going to be something people find to dislike and that’s okay but it doesn’t take away from the fact these songs are beautiful and a real insight to Lana and her life past and present :krylie:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

11 minutes ago, COCC said:

thats exactly one of the things that makes Lana so unique, no? No one else is giving us that.

Do we want it? Really? Repeatedly?

I mean each to their own but I think less is more

15 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Those three songs are so personal, each one show a different side of her vulnerability... in Text Book, when she says « And I saw you saw who I am » :wowcry: As if she wasn’t « enough » for him... 

And that promise, in Wildflower Wildfire, to not burn everything down, to control your own shit to give this blooming relationship a chance :oprah:

Since this album seems like the most personal one she ever put out, maybe the booklet could be a collection of her selfies, iPhone pictures of her and her family/friends (if she sticks with the selfie cover)?!? 

Please, don' tell me... every time I get to that "AND I SAW YOU SAW WHO I AM" I am just like a valley of tears! And I love the idea of the booklet made of selfies... I mean at this point it has become her trademark, and it's honestly iconic.

Also:

Spoiler

AND I SAW YOU SAW WHO I AM

R8db54dae7bdfb028db73c8ab19950bd4?rik=L3

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

No, it's because it cheapens her work. It's repetitive and feels like the sole purpose is to be charitable and give her friends an acknowledgement. It's fine if it adds to the song, but it's usually pointless. 

i think it makes it more personal and intimate, but i get why some might find it annoying

but shes only really namedropped her friends in 2 songs, so i dont see the problem... yet

image.png

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

i think it makes it more personal and intimate, but i get why some might find it annoying

but shes only really namedropped her friends in 2 songs, so i dont see the problem... yet

exactly.. tbh i don’t find it repetitive at all. it’s her songwriting and nobody could tell her story but her :hottie:

50 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

I mean okay but Blue Banisters seemed like a personal challenge to see how many friends she could fit in one song, and DTWD was the same except for famous friends.

I just do not want her lyrical sphere to be reduced to the size of a ball bearing. 

10 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean okay but Blue Banisters seemed like a personal challenge to see how many friends she could fit in one song, and DTWD was the same except for famous friends.

I just do not want her lyrical sphere to be reduced to the size of a ball bearing. 

That is all. 

So you got 2 songs out of 38294 she's written

29 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

The likes of Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin, and St. Vincent just to name a few

30 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Like what does the name dropping add to Blue Banisters other than to make it like a personal diary entry? 

Who cares if Chunk is baking a damn cake; that line (for example) adds nothing to the song and it's not exactly a showcase of spectacular lyricism. 

Aside from making it personal and imo giving the songs a classic twang - I'd argue that the context of #that lyric paired with the rest of the things she mentions in that verse fit so perfectly. She basically mentions the good things that are happening around her: her "banisters" being painted green and grey that allude to her being in a lively but still neutral ascending state (hence the banisters metaphor), her dogs playing around, chuck baking a birthday cake and a baby on the way (all positive good happy whatever things)  just goes to show how the people or things that you surround yourself with really affects you: and she ends that verse with the realization that her blue banisters are green and grey now. That's spectacular lyricism if you ask me... :wub:

2 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

So you got 2 songs out of 38294 she's written

We both know that the reason this is being discussed now is because including her friends in everything is a trend of hers now. Don't twist it. 

5 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

We both know that the reason this is being discussed now is because including her friends in everything is a trend of hers now. Don't twist it. 

So 2 songs out of 14 recent songs? You're being dramatic methinks