Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

6 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

waiting for ajay's reaction now!!

I doubt she will react to these 3 songs. If anything she will probably wait for the whole album to be released(If there is one:creep:). But I am hoping that she does, I really want to see her reaction to them.

So what was the whole "I can't believe she is doing this!!" thing that the insiders were talking about? Was it just that she released 3 songs at once? Then again as a Nicki stan I don't find it that special lol. But I guess it is somewhat different for Lana, but didn't she release Groupie Love and Summer Bummer at the same time as well?

2 minutes ago, KingJay said:

So what was the whole "I can't believe she is doing this!!" thing that the insiders were talking about? Was it just that she released 3 songs at once? Then again as a Nicki stan I don't find it that special lol. But I guess it is somewhat different for Lana, but didn't she release Groupie Love and Summer Bummer at the same time as well?

they made it out to be some risky jaw dropping revolutionary never been done before thing that could’ve ruined her career :lmao::awkney:

RVhKIwP.gif

5 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Probably the three single covers being variations of that car selfie 

Love this reaction

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

37 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Whatever it was, it says a lot about attention seekers that we need to scratch our heads and come up with possible ideas.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

After sitting with these songs for over a day, I have to say I do love them all. Blue Banisters might be my favorite, followed closely by Text Book (those gospel choirs my god they add so much), and Wildflower Wildfire (still good, but not as godly as the other two). 

I can’t help but feel like the majority of people are projecting their opinions of her on their opinions of these songs because it makes literally no sense to consider them “bad”. Some of the critiques I’ve read are absolutely senseless. (Apart from the mastering which could be a lil better, and the Black Lives Matter line, which I don’t find issue with but I understand why some people think it feels a little weird) 

WW debuted with 100k less streams than BB and almost 80k less than TB on Spotify, that really surprises me. I thought it was the song fans loved the most among the three because it was produced by Mike Dean

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

47 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

After sitting with these songs for over a day, I have to say I do love them all. Blue Banisters might be my favorite, followed closely by Text Book (those gospel choirs my god they add so much), and Wildflower Wildfire (still good, but not as godly as the other two). 

I can’t help but feel like the majority of people are projecting their opinions of her on their opinions of these songs because it makes literally no sense to consider them “bad”. Some of the critiques I’ve read are absolutely senseless. (Apart from the mastering which could be a lil better, and the Black Lives Matter line, which I don’t find issue with but I understand why some people think it feels a little weird) 

The REAL tea is that people are going out of there way to drag the songs because they realized they can't use Jack Antonoff as a scapegoat anymore for why Lana went down a singer/songwriter path, creating atmospheric, poetic and melancholic songs instead of what they want: loud and bombastic. Their natural response, instead of saying and admitting to themselves  "oh, I'm just not really into this new direction she's going in" is to call them "objectively bad." There's no more scapegoat to blame for Lana's artistic process. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

18 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

WW debuted with 100k less streams than BB and almost 80k less than TB on Spotify, that really surprises me. I thought it was the song fans loved the most among the three because it was produced by Mike Dean

Thats bc spotify is dumb and it was showing only BB as her newest release, u had to scroll all the way down to find WW and TB, i couldnt find it at first too so i streamed from her youtube 

25 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

What's the total streams for each? 

11 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Thats bc spotify is dumb and it was showing only BB as her newest release, u had to scroll all the way down to find WW and TB, i couldnt find it at first too so i streamed from her youtube 

It’s true that only BB was shown as a newest release, but still, TB only debuted with 25k less streams than BB so I don’t think it has to do with  that

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

What's the total streams for each? 

BB: 271 703

TB: 246 285

WW: 169 635

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

14 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

It’s true that only BB was shown as a newest release, but still, TB only debuted with 25k less streams than BB so I don’t think it has to do with  that

BB: 271 703

TB: 246 285

WW: 169 635

What pitiful numbers omg  ??????

LMLYAW itself debuted with 1.6M...

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

What pitiful numbers omg  ??????

LMLYAW itself debuted with 1.6M...

The tracking period must be different because her Youtube numbers are much higher. Also Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour also has really low numbers (with a release 11 hours later)

9 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

the fact that Wildflower has way less streams than the other 2..... yet.. is easily the best of the three? :pft: Mike Dean SERVED on that track. 

On youtube it‘s the one with the most views.

WW‘s last minute kills me more than on the first day :xcry:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

On youtube it‘s the one with the most views.

WW‘s last minute kills me more than on the first day :xcry:

YESSS. That last minute is so good. Honestly the whole song is just fucking impeccable. Her lyrics and delivery unmatched

Stardust... Stardrip IVs.. his wife... sheer willpower... it’s you from whom I learn... so many amazing moments. But that last minute remains FLAWLESS

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I just can't stop listening to WW. I don't understand people that say the non-Jack production didn't bring any change to the sound. Her voice is so much clearer, the are so many layers, it all sounds so much wider and more melodic. I love it so much:lange: