Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

WW debuted with 100k less streams than BB and almost 80k less than TB on Spotify, that really surprises me. I thought it was the song fans loved the most among the three because it was produced by Mike Dean

This can be explained by the spotify playlists. Like my release radar only had Text Book on it.

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

It’s true that only BB was shown as a newest release, but still, TB only debuted with 25k less streams than BB so I don’t think it has to do with  that

BB: 271 703

TB: 246 285

WW: 169 635

Wow are you serious? WW is my favorite. It seems that BB is the one most people like.

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

What pitiful numbers omg  ??????

LMLYAW itself debuted with 1.6M...

She didn't promote it, of course it bombed. She promoted LMLYLAW and released an awful music video for it. Even so it did well.

I am not really surprised by the low numbers of the three singles. The songs are excellent, but to release three songs at once with zero promo, the songs need to be bombastic to speak on their own and to appeal to the masses. The three are so introspective, and I guess the « casual BTD listener » doesn’t click with them?!?

I think the numbers are very appropriate for how deep the songs are and how little promo she gave them. 

LMLYLAW was announced, had a video, and released at midnight...Not to mention it’s more accessible to the GP. 

also I hope you all aren’t expecting bops still, that’s clearly not the direction she’s going :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

Listened again and drums (and to a lesser extent, guitar) would've made these songs, especially Wildflower. You can feel in your SOUL where the drums should come in and they're missing. 

I don't have a problem with piano per se, but there's not enough variation in the melodies for a piano to carry these songs instrumentally. This is particularly true of Blue Banisters which is like four notes and her singing the same short melody over and over. 

The only interesting aspect for me is her lyricism and there's no need to replay now that I know them. 

:whatever:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I feel like Lana released the three singles individually specifically so Blue Banisters would be the only one on display, showing up as a new release. While all three songs are very personal and intimate, that one has the least “juicy” lyrics. Not really sure how to word it, but it’s the least likely to be misunderstood. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lana wanted the other two songs to get less attention from the general public because they have grittier lyrics and she’s used to being burned. I feel like that’s why she didn’t promote the songs at all either.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 hour ago, huxter said:

These new songs remind me so much of Florence Welch music. :)

The start of Blue Banisters reminded me of the start of HBHBHB so I went and listened to the latter to contrast and compare and realised that  that was where the similarity ended because Florence's song has actual instrumentation and builds into something instead of the same thing for 5 minutes

:coffee:

I fucking WISH Lana would do a Delilah at this point and HBHBHB isn't even my favourite Florence album

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

The start of Blue Banisters reminded me of the start of HBHBHB so I went and listened to the latter to contrast and compare and realised that  that was where the similarity ended because Florence's song has actual instrumentation and builds into something instead of the same thing for 5 minutes

:coffee:

I fucking WISH Lana would do a Delilah at this point and HBHBHB isn't even my favourite Florence album

Yes I really hope she speeds things up on the rest of the songs, Delilah type songs would be all bops. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Text Book really does keep getting better with each listen

It is such a sultry and sexy song. 
Oh wait, my daddy issues are acting up again. 

17 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

I'm sorry these songs blow cocc out of the water both production wise and lyrically. And the single covers are obviously a publicity stunt. tiktok blows up every time she uses that selfie

her power though! Only icons :oprah3:

just a heads up, whoever it was I think it was @Mer the lyrics are now on apple music

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The quality of these songs with good headphones is mind blowing, something about her vocals on BB sound so good and ugf these tracks have taken some time to grow on me but they are hitting really hard now.

giphy.gif