Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

Am I the only the only one who thinks those songs are sonically a good mix of old or classic Lana and the newer stripped back sounding Lana. The atmosphere in those song is incredibly good  and pulls me really into her story / her world..haven't felt that way this hard for her songs for a very long time and I truly missed that  , yet the production  isn't that "wild " like in 13 Beaches or UV for example but she still served big time with the triple singles and they are already classics &  on the same level as some of her other classics to me 

Lyrically the songs are so good, honest and HEARTBREAKING

Absolutely loving the 3 new songs..but they are a lot to take :lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

WW is such a beautiful song, but it’s so poorly mixed... I think you guys overhyped Mike, I mean, his production is really good but TB and BB are still superior, and his mixing is awful (but tbh none of the tracks have a good mixing)

I still think these songs are some of the best she’s ever released, they’re hope’s little sisters, but with more production

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The three songs are so so beautiful!

Anyone who’s complaining they’re slow or not radio friendly, just think are these songs with such depth and meaningful lyrics meant for pop music? 
BB tracks so different sonically from anything she’s ever done before and I’m here for it. 

Now that I have listened to the three songs carefully I want to tell you that Lana really excelled with the lyrics of those songs, they are so intimate but strong, vulnerable but powerful.  Lyrically they are very good, and the production is very good too.  Does she come to surpass Norman?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

11 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Am I the only the only one who thinks those songs are sonically a good mix of old or classic Lana and the newer stripped back sounding Lana. The atmosphere in those song is incredibly good  and pulls me really into her story / her world..haven't felt that way this hard for her songs for a very long time and I truly missed that  , yet the production  isn't that "wild " like in 13 Beaches or UV for example but she still served big time with the triple singles and they are already classics &  on the same level as some of her other classics to me 

Lyrically the songs are so good, honest and HEARTBREAKING

Absolutely loving the 3 new songs..but they are a lot to take :lange:

I'm in your team! I still haven't fully understood with what she hit us yesterday though, I need some more days :flutter:

9 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

the way one of my friends replied to my Text Book IG story w/ "whats wrong with her eye? arent they usually using pretty pictures for covers?" and i dont know what to reply :toofunny:

Who said covers have to be pretty? There are so many covers who are everything but that.

Spoiler

nevermind1-BM-Berlin-San-Luca-jpg.jpgFKATwigs_Magdalene.png

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

Who said covers have to be pretty? There are so many covers who are everything but that.

Reveal hidden contents

nevermind1-BM-Berlin-San-Luca-jpg.jpgFKATwigs_Magdalene.png

i mean, i agree but i cant really defend the car selfie :creep:

image.png

4 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

you did not just call magdalene’s artwork a bad cover..

I didn't call it bad, I think it's great. I called it "not pretty".

I think the 3 songs are vastly different from each other... even though they're ballads.

BB verses sounds like something Fiona does.

WW is truly god tier . . Her full throat vocals are back. No more whispering or shrill voice (*looking at u NAWWAL*). 

She really dug deep into the songs. The songs are so atmospheric too. Something which was missing from alot of COCC.

For some reason even though COCC is great I was never able to fully get into it.

1 hour ago, Dominikx4 said:

so WW is the only one that hasnt clicked yet

TB is my absolute fave i love it so much and BB gets better w/ each listen I really love the chill vibes but WW is kinda ugly ngl

I love the appreciation for the new songs from all of you.  yeah textbook is also my favorite, but I can't get wildfire out of my head either, it has that classic rock vibe that totally amazes me.  i have the feeling that with these songs she underscores her claim to be a classic diva.  the only song that doesn't do it for me that much is BB, but a lot of people love it and it's not a total failure either.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I finally have come to a conclusion. Wow, just wow. I agree with @GeminiLanaFan completely the narration and the storytelling and the vulnerability are at their peak in these 3 singles which is why I didn't care about the simple melodies used, and I'm incredibly in love with all the emotions each song gives off! Thinking of cocc being personal to her, BB is personal on another level, a white dress level personal. Goosebumps :wub:

lights, camera, acción