Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

so like, what level of greatness are these tracks at... surely not shades of cool/west coast/cruel world greatness :oprah3:

I think they are completely different in style. Them 'Ultraviolence' vocals are otherworldly and raw. So far, 'Blue Banisters' vocals are definitely a bit more on the softer side of things. Kinda prefer the UV approach if I'm being honest, but I'm not complaining. At least it's not the half-assed/spoken tone she sang most of 'NFR!' with. :creep:

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

so like, what level of greatness are these tracks at... surely not shades of cool/west coast/cruel world greatness :oprah3:

idk but i think it’s officially safe to say that we’re never ever getting something like those masterpieces again. now we officially now jack wasnt the sole problem in the production department. at this point some of us can be happy if we get another 13 beaches or cinnamon girl or so but even that doesn’t seem very likely anymore 

Can anyone please explain what these songs mean lmao? In blue banisters is she saying the guy said he'd come to help her but instead left her, so now her family and friends paint her banisters a different colour because he's not there? The only thing is she says he's still here...I don't understand what the chorus of WW is trying to say ... someone help me plzzzz... I like bb the best 

43 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@Elle I didn’t see your thoughts on the new songs! What did you think? 

I know, I've been so caught up today with approving a slew of new registrations, making sure the site doesn't crash, and keeping a general eye on things that I haven't had a moment to even share my thoughts :trisha: Thank you for asking!

I think the songs are absolutely gorgeous. The insiders described them perfectly, they are classic LDR songs. I love how raw and personal she got with the lyrics, being so brave to share her story especially on things she hasn't previously spoken about. The melodies are also gorgeous.

Everything about Wildflower Wildfire kills me. I think that one's my favourite. I've always been a sucker for her higher vocals, and she executed them perfectly. I think her voice just keeps getting better over the years. The lyrics in this one are also incredible. So many "wow" moments for me in this song.

I also love love LOVE the jazziness of the verses in Text Book.. honestly if it wasn't for the chorus melody that reminds me of Demi's GYHAB, I think Text Book would've ended up being my favourite. I just can't help but hear the Demi song whenever the chorus of that one starts skkk. But again - so personal, so beautiful. Lana has a certain sort of magical gift when it comes to telling her story and stringing her words together into beautiful lyrics and melodies.

Blue Banisters is also everything I hoped it would be. It's sort of like Hope in a way where the simplicity of the melody and production just emphasize what she's trying to say in the very best way - and Hope is one of my favourites too. Blue Banisters makes me want to cry, and I'm sure it will one day when I'm in my sad girl hours.

I would say for now my preference of the three is WW > BB > TB although it's a tough call. I really do love them all, each for its own reasons. These tracks have me really excited for what's to come next. Whether these end up being tracks on the upcoming album or not, I love the direction she's going in. I can't wait to see what else she has in store for us x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

I know, I've been so caught up today with approving a slew of new registrations, making sure the site doesn't crash, and keeping a general eye on things that I haven't had a moment to even share my thoughts :trisha: Thank you for asking!

I think the songs are absolutely gorgeous. The insiders described them perfectly, they are classic LDR songs. I love how raw and personal she got with the lyrics, being so brave to share her story especially on things she hasn't previously spoken about. The melodies are also gorgeous.

Everything about Wildflower Wildfire kills me. I think that one's my favourite. I've always been a sucker for her higher vocals, and she executed them perfectly. I think her voice just keeps getting better over the years. The lyrics in this one are also incredible. So many "wow" moments for me in this song.

I also love love LOVE the jazziness of the verses in Text Book.. honestly if it wasn't for the chorus melody that reminds me of Demi's GYHAB, I think Text Book would've ended up being my favourite. I just can't help but hear the Demi song whenever the chorus of that one starts skkk. But again - so personal, so beautiful. Lana has a certain sort of magical gift when it comes to telling her story and stringing her words together into beautiful lyrics and melodies.

Blue Banisters is also everything I hoped it would be. It's sort of like Hope in a way where the simplicity of the melody and production just emphasize what she's trying to say in the very best way - and Hope is one of my favourites too. Blue Banisters makes me want to cry, and I'm sure it will one day when I'm in my sad girl hours.

I would say for now my preference of the three is WW > BB > TB although it's a tough call. I really do love them all, each for its own reasons. These tracks have me really excited for what's to come next. Whether these end up being tracks on the upcoming album or not, I love the direction she's going in. I can't wait to see what else she has in store for us x

I agree with everything you said especially about TB

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

37 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Hmm I kinda hate that none of these songs have good hooks and moreover, these batch of songs remind me of Violet—incredibly personal and haunting. It’ll be hard for me to revisit these casually. At least with Violet, I had the book so I could read them with my own interpretation. 

Wildflower opens with some heavy minor chords. I can’t remember any recent song doing that, but I also continually failed ear training when I did music as a kid so 

I think it opens with the same chords Hope does, or very, very similar ones (and ends on a very similar way as Lust for life demo?)

If TB isn’t your favorite out of them three, I pray for you :kiss:

EDIT: also, I can’t at people saying TB chorus reminds them of Demi’s song. If you hadn’t pointed it out, I’d never say it- and after that, I had to to try a little hard to hear it lmao 

Yes it’s somewhat a similar melody but it’s not THAT alike to be like “OMG the chorus sounds just like GYHAB”. And I even liked that song back then, so yeah.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I can’t believe she released Chemtrails two months ago. These songs and those sounds sound like they’re years apart, not months :crying4:

"Don’t forget me"

I hope we get more reaction videos for the songs :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Ok WW and Text Boom are growing on me, and wow, a lot to unpack in the lyrics.

I just can’t get into BB though. It sounds like some weird musical scene where an actress is telling a story with music accompanying her even though she’s really giving no melody or song structure. The only saving grace is the piano at the very end.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore