TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

4 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

So...

We're just ignoring that awful photo?

I'll be honest, I've been thinking about that since I saw it, i'm genuinely sad, i love Sky, but above that i'm black lol...

She was also supportive of all lives matter (also wrong obvi), don't really know what to say about it

15 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

She was also supportive of all lives matter (also wrong obvi), don't really know what to say about it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkXW7iQ3r35DZPcLHyP_k

It was the first thing that showed up...

First the I Blame Myself vídeo, after that an "apology" letter we're she just justify herself insted of actually apologize, then she support All lives matter, she's friends with Ariel Pink, and finally BOOM she's wearing a jacket with the confederate flag...

So, yeah, Sky's maybe a r*cist

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkXW7iQ3r35DZPcLHyP_k

It was the first thing that showed up...

First the I Blame Myself vídeo, after that an "apology" letter we're she just justify herself insted of actually apologize, then she support All lives matter, she's friends with Ariel Pink, and finally BOOM she's wearing a jacket with the confederate flag...

So, yeah, Sky's maybe a r*cist

as an asian, i dont get why is the #AllLivesMatter has any problems? Like, it's not just black people getting beaten up, Asians in US as well. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

as an asian, i dont get why is the #AllLivesMatter has any problems? Like, it's not just black people getting beaten up, Asians in US as well. 

when people say "all lives matter" it's usually to deflect from the meaning/importance of the "black lives matter" movement & the phrase itself

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

when people say "all lives matter" it's usually to deflect from the meaning/importance of the "black lives matter" movement & the phrase itself

got it.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

She’s been very outspoken about her support for BLM for years now/raising awareness to provide resources for the Navajo Nation. The Blame Myself video really does not hold up though, aside from the controversy, it’s just bad. 

i want to defend her but i literally can’t……. i can’t believe she wore that……. i’m also confused because she’s literally native american??? it has the be ignorance……. and she was pretty outspoken when it came to the blm movement in 2020 so i’m obviously assuming that she doesn’t support a confederacy or blue lives matter anymore. + these pics look like they were taken in like 2013? 

23 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

agreed, but given the screenshot it looks like this was a long ass time ago, and it seems she was implying that the person she posted’s life mattered so i don’t see any i’ll intent but that’s just me 

giphy.gif

Judging by the hair, she must’ve been in her teens there. It is still bad she didn’t notice at the time of course but I’m assuming she came to her senses because we’ve never seen that confederacy patch ever again + she’s been vocal about support for social movements since then.  The “X” patch on the jacket is a symbol of Malcolm X and the black American flag means the opposite of the “surrender” white flag, it’s not the Blue Lives Matter flag. 

Every year something appears that makes her fans drag her. 

But this racist stuff is just a whole new level. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets canceled now. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Good Lord give this woman a break!! She’s clearly not racist. The girl is half Brazilian half Native American and her brother is black! The jacket was most definitely ignorance on her part, in her teens she probably had no idea what it represented / it was some vintage piece someone have her. Also, the BLM post I seem to remember a lot of people posting all lives matter before realising the racist implications and she definitely didn’t mean it in that context / people bullied her in comments to change it. She can’t win! 

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

I'm still thinking of some cute nude cropped hoodie from H&M that had 'All Lives Matter' embroidered. I think it was in late 2010s and I almost bought it not knowing the meaning. Damn that aged badly. 

As for the jacket, i feel like it wasn't even hers and she just took a photo with it. Maybe she ironically showed . She's more likely to be sjw than a racist, let's be real. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 hour ago, hillsideboy said:

Good Lord give this woman a break!! She’s clearly not racist. The girl is half Brazilian half Native American and her brother is black! The jacket was most definitely ignorance on her part, in her teens she probably had no idea what it represented / it was some vintage piece someone have her. Also, the BLM post I seem to remember a lot of people posting all lives matter before realising the racist implications and she definitely didn’t mean it in that context / people bullied her in comments to change it. She can’t win! 

Exactly, periodt. An old ass photo on which she clearly looks like she has no idea that the patches could represent any racist-sort-of thing. Just look at her. SHE HAS NO IDEA. + that hair equals a VERY young Ferreira that could've been much more easily manipulated, considering the circumstances of her early contracts, style-forcing, trying to make her an electro-pop pretty face. I just find all of these accusations ridiculous.

2 hours ago, hillsideboy said:

1 hour ago, AOK said:

Exactly, periodt. An old ass photo on which she clearly looks like she has no idea that the patches could represent any racist-sort-of thing. Just look at her. SHE HAS NO IDEA. + that hair equals a VERY young Ferreira that could've been much more easily manipulated, considering the circumstances of her early contracts, style-forcing, trying to make her an electro-pop pretty face. I just find all of these accusations ridiculous.

lmao why is it such a big deal that people see something questionable and question it? It’s really not that serious to be creating hypotheticals about her being manipulated to wearing the jacket. Also, you can be indigenous and racist and have black family members and be racist. I’m not saying she’s racist, but it’s not mutually exclusive. Your proximity to POC doesn’t mean you can’t be racist. Also, people are allowed to be disappointed when they see things like that. 

3 hours ago, hillsideboy said:

Look, I don't think Sky is really a racist, but it's important for us to question it and have critical sense.

And being native and brazilian doesn't mean you can't be racist, the President of Brazil is a literal racist, and as a brazilian i can say, since he got elected lots of racist people are getting brave and have no shame to be racist, because they know nothing will really happen to them...

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson