TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

14 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

I wouldn't wish Charli's leaks on any artist

Reveal hidden contents

but sometimes I think it could help Sky you know :um2:

@1000Times we need your legendary magic here.

We have been very masochistic waiting for 9 years.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

giphy.gif

8 out of 31 opportunities for Sky to announce something official.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 hours ago, EmptyPromises said:

I wouldn't wish Charli's leaks on any artist

Reveal hidden contents

but sometimes I think it could help Sky you know :um2:

I mean it’s crappy but Sky fans deserve it way more than Charli who consistently releases albums upon albums and mixtapes anyway… 

Best case scenario (to me) would be a 14-track album with "Guardian" & "Pretty Dull" as bonus tracks.

I think it would be a cool homage to these songs, "Guardian" because it's leaked but Sky knows it's a fan-favorite and "Pretty Dull" because she knows we thirst over it since 2012.

The legendary sister duo Aly & AJ just appeared as guests in "The Good Doctor" acting as two sisters and musicians, that's so meta. But also they played one of their songs from their latest album during the episode.

Imagine how much money they made with that single gig, and as they own the song master as they are independent artists, they earn even more money.

It's not hard for Sky to do the same, she kinda did the same for the horror movie "The Green Inferno" where she had a very small part, and they had her song "I Will" during the credits.

I really hope Sky goes fully independent after Masochism, if she's able, and start working as hard as Aly & AJ (who write their own music and co-produce the tracks) and have been releasing their own music since they made a full comeback in 2017 after a 10 years hiatus (their last album was on 2007 under Disney's Hollywood Records label).

Since 2017 to this date they have released two EPs, three stand-alone singles and an album, a total of 30 tracks in just 6 years (compared to Sky's 26 songs officially released, not including covers and collabs in 12+ years). It's important to note that all these 30 songs have been written by the sisters, and they have funded every release, every merch, every tour, every music video, every vinyl and every CD from their own pockets. As they are also actresses, they found and relatively easy way to fund their music career and have a huge fanbase.

Sky can easily do the same, she has acting gigs, music gigs, model gigs, and is someone with a lot of contacts in every industry that I just mentioned.

In case you want to check out more of Aly & AJ, their music style is varied, and I promise you will dig something from them, I highly recommend their latest album "A Touch of the Beat Gets You Up on Your Feet, Gets You Out and then Into the Sun":

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

This probably been said before but the next single should be Descending / Don't Forget (double) and yes we eventually deserve to have Guardian and Pretty Dull officially released, not on the album obvi

Pretty Dull would be a dream come true. 

I wonder if she didn't release it on NTMT and the B-Sides EP was because she had planned to save it for a future project.

She even said during the Newtown sessions interview (where she perfomed YNtO and EIE) that she also played Pretty Dull during the sessions.

giphy.gif

9 out of 31 opportunities for Sky to announce something official.

8 hours ago, EXODUS said:

The legendary sister duo Aly & AJ just appeared as guests in "The Good Doctor" acting as two sisters and musicians, that's so meta. But also they played one of their songs from their latest album during the episode.

Imagine how much money they made with that single gig, and as they own the song master as they are independent artists, they earn even more money.

It's not hard for Sky to do the same, she kinda did the same for the horror movie "The Green Inferno" where she had a very small part, and they had her song "I Will" during the credits.

I really hope Sky goes fully independent after Masochism, if she's able, and start working as hard as Aly & AJ (who write their own music and co-produce the tracks) and have been releasing their own music since they made a full comeback in 2017 after a 10 years hiatus (their last album was on 2007 under Disney's Hollywood Records label).

Since 2017 to this date they have released two EPs, three stand-alone singles and an album, a total of 30 tracks in just 6 years (compared to Sky's 26 songs officially released, not including covers and collabs in 12+ years). It's important to note that all these 30 songs have been written by the sisters, and they have funded every release, every merch, every tour, every music video, every vinyl and every CD from their own pockets. As they are also actresses, they found and relatively easy way to fund their music career and have a huge fanbase.

Sky can easily do the same, she has acting gigs, music gigs, model gigs, and is someone with a lot of contacts in every industry that I just mentioned.

In case you want to check out more of Aly & AJ, their music style is varied, and I promise you will dig something from them, I highly recommend their latest album "A Touch of the Beat Gets You Up on Your Feet, Gets You Out and then Into the Sun":

Reveal hidden contents

Funny you mention them, Jorge Elbrecht (the guy who’s produced Masochism with Sky) worked on a couple of tracks with them for a touch of the beat! He’s played some part in a lot of my favorite releases from Hatchie, Wild Nothing, Japanese Breakfast, etc. He’s a stand-up-guy. He happens to be tagging along for Sky’s festival run, hopefully meaning they’ll play those new songs they’ve made together.

1 hour ago, vitriolkisses said:

Funny you mention them, Jorge Elbrecht (the guy who’s produced Masochism with Sky) worked on a couple of tracks with them for a touch of the beat! He’s played some part in a lot of my favorite releases from Hatchie, Wild Nothing, Japanese Breakfast, etc. He’s a stand-up-guy. He happens to be tagging along for Sky’s festival run, hopefully meaning they’ll play those new songs they’ve made together.

Yeah, he did his magic with those acts, including Aly & AJ, their latest album is one fo the best pop records I have ever heard, technically is superb, lyrically is powerful, the whole production is timeless. 

And I'm pretty sure Sky will include the songs she worked with Jorge and they will be instant fan favorites. 

2 hours ago, lewisbennett1 said:

7 hours until London's pre-sale show tickets are released. My bank card is ready 🗡🛡

Let us know if you got tix :)