TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

No physical CD? Is this a joke? Lmaoooo her label must fucking hate her they're treating her like shit.

So this man came down the line outside handing out these little baggies with Sky Ferreira magnets (lol) in them (it's like a picture from the YNTO video with the album title and release date) and free download cards to make up for the event saying that there would be CDs available. When I asked him why there weren't advance copies, he said it's because the album is an iTunes exclusive, not that she doesn't have any. He said we'd have to order physical copies from her site, and he seemed like he was with her team and not some uninformed venue employee...I didn't get to ask when it would be available, but I'm thinking November 5th.

Anyway, sorry to everyone who expected the album last night/this morning, but it's realllly good and my download activates at midnight tonight if no iTunes links go up immediately.

she apparently played the entire album in order live minus Christine

I heard Christine. Or at least thought I did.

But guys she sANG "ONE", IT WAS INCREDIBLE. The crowd went from casual hipster to straight rabid mosh at that point. Basically she played the whole album live, then encored with a Lou Reed song (working on getting it on YouTube, she cried!), Everything is Embarrassing, and One. During EIE she was like in the crowd and I was going insane touching her face and hair and shit. Then she held my hand during 24 Hours so watch that become my favorite. Like everyone in the pit already knew that song, which was cool. Her voice sounds so good, definite improvement after her recuperation.

She also had to restart EIE halfway through because she messed up and spilled tea on the electrical equipment, only to have it sopped up by her manager so that she could spill more in the same place during the very next song :toofunny: And that's what makes it a Sky show, I guess.

I don't necessarily wanna run through the album yet but my favorites were definitely Boys, Omanko, Love in Stereo, and I Blame Myself. You're familiar with the last two but Boys is a great opener and super cute. It just sounds like the best of Sky songs do. OMANKO, however, is bananas. It was really sinister. In the merch line I heard people complaining about her more experimental songs (Omanko, which is like a wall of sound with weird sexy vocals; Christine, which is similar but more frenzied and she had to have a lyric sheet in front of her to sing it; and Night Time, My Time, which she professed to be her favorite and sounded kinda 80s goth meets Twin Peaks live), but I really loved them! So I'll leave it up to you guys.

Also I MET HER. There are zero good pictures documenting it because we were rushed through like crazy (I mean she was literally just doing a signing at the merch stand) and the guy who took the pictures was a dick and wasn't even making sure that anyone was looking at the camera. Despite the rush, I took my moment to talk with her a bit and give her my gift/letters. LMAO basically I made her one of those hollow stash books out of this:

Nighttime-is-my-time.jpg

But I pasted pictures of her over the author photo and taped her name over the author name and put Lisa Frank stickers on it. LUCKILY she has a good sense of humor and didn't find it to be as fucking weird as it is. I'll put up pictures of everything later. She was like really astounded, though, and called a bunch of people over to look at it. Douchebag cameraman was pissed at me for taking so long, hence no good pictures. She signed my copy of Ghost and told me that my name was cool :defeated: BFF life :defeated:

Also I loved the opening act. And today I woke up puking like hell. Worth it! Loads of contributing factors to make this one of the best concerts I've been to. And now we wait for the album. I wish these 24 12ish hours would never end :angie:

Sounds amazing!!! I'm really excited to hear Night Time, My Time (the song), and your gift sounds really cute!!!

I'm not sure how I'll feel about Omanko and Cristine... Something tells me I won't like then, but I guess I'll wait and see. Nobody Asked Me (if I was okay) wasn't one of your favorites!? I'm almost certain it'll be one of mine from the snippets.

Soooo excited!!!!

So this man came down the line outside handing out these little baggies with Sky Ferreira magnets (lol) in them (it's like a picture from the YNTO video with the album title and release date) and free download cards to make up for the event saying that there would be CDs available. When I asked him why there weren't advance copies, he said it's because the album is an iTunes exclusive, not that she doesn't have any. He said we'd have to order physical copies from her site, and he seemed like he was with her team and not some uninformed venue employee...I didn't get to ask when it would be available, but I'm thinking November 5th.

Anyway, sorry to everyone who expected the album last night/this morning, but it's realllly good and my download activates at midnight tonight if no iTunes links go up immediately.

I heard Christine. Or at least thought I did.

But guys she sANG "ONE", IT WAS INCREDIBLE. The crowd went from casual hipster to straight rabid mosh at that point. Basically she played the whole album live, then encored with a Lou Reed song (working on getting it on YouTube, she cried!), Everything is Embarrassing, and One. During EIE she was like in the crowd and I was going insane touching her face and hair and shit. Then she held my hand during 24 Hours so watch that become my favorite. Like everyone in the pit already knew that song, which was cool. Her voice sounds so good, definite improvement after her recuperation.

She also had to restart EIE halfway through because she messed up and spilled tea on the electrical equipment, only to have it sopped up by her manager so that she could spill more in the same place during the very next song :toofunny: And that's what makes it a Sky show, I guess.

I don't necessarily wanna run through the album yet but my favorites were definitely Boys, Omanko, Love in Stereo, and I Blame Myself. You're familiar with the last two but Boys is a great opener and super cute. It just sounds like the best of Sky songs do. OMANKO, however, is bananas. It was really sinister. In the merch line I heard people complaining about her more experimental songs (Omanko, which is like a wall of sound with weird sexy vocals; Christine, which is similar but more frenzied and she had to have a lyric sheet in front of her to sing it; and Night Time, My Time, which she professed to be her favorite and sounded kinda 80s goth meets Twin Peaks live), but I really loved them! So I'll leave it up to you guys.

Also I MET HER. There are zero good pictures documenting it because we were rushed through like crazy (I mean she was literally just doing a signing at the merch stand) and the guy who took the pictures was a dick and wasn't even making sure that anyone was looking at the camera. Despite the rush, I took my moment to talk with her a bit and give her my gift/letters. LMAO basically I made her one of those hollow stash books out of this:

Nighttime-is-my-time.jpg

But I pasted pictures of her over the author photo and taped her name over the author name and put Lisa Frank stickers on it. LUCKILY she has a good sense of humor and didn't find it to be as fucking weird as it is. I'll put up pictures of everything later. She was like really astounded, though, and called a bunch of people over to look at it. Douchebag cameraman was pissed at me for taking so long, hence no good pictures. She signed my copy of Ghost and told me that my name was cool :defeated: BFF life :defeated:

Also I loved the opening act. And today I woke up puking like hell. Worth it! Loads of contributing factors to make this one of the best concerts I've been to. And now we wait for the album. I wish these 24 12ish hours would never end :angie:

I have a one-mile smile in my face at this. I can't believe everything worked out the way we expected. I am so, so, so, so, so happy for you, seriously, words can't tell.

Thanks A LOT for everything, it still didn't stick to me that she might read my letter. Jesus.

Sounds amazing!!! I'm really excited to hear Night Time, My Time (the song), and your gift sounds really cute!!!

I'm not sure how I'll feel about Omanko and Cristine... Something tells me I won't like then, but I guess I'll wait and see. Nobody Asked Me (if I was okay) wasn't one of your favorites!? I'm almost certain it'll be one of mine from the snippets.

Soooo excited!!!!

I think Nobody Asked Me is the reason that Rolling Stone interview said the album sounded like a John Hughes soundtrack. Very 80s chorus, but actually the prechorus "if I was okaaaaayy" bits have been sort of grating to me ever since she debuted it live with VW. I did think the studio snippet sounded better, not to mention actually hearing it in person.

I have a one-mile smile in my face at this. I can't believe everything worked out the way we expected. I am so, so, so, so, so happy for you, seriously, words can't tell.

Thanks A LOT for everything, it still didn't stick to me that she might read my letter. Jesus.

It was amazing, and I like to think I left enough of an impression that she'll be all over your letter :defeated:

Oh my God. I am so incredibly happy for you, @SitarHero. Reading through all that made me so happy and made a semi-shitty day so so much, much better! Thank you so much for forwarding all those letters (not that I wrote one but I am in sentiMENTAL mode as I type) and being overly kind enough to accept my album inquiry. I'm so glad you had a great time and got to talk to her, etc. You really deserve it! :kiss:

I mean I thought she secured int'l distribution but I'm not sure

well Polydor never released Ghost or YNTO so i think its doubtful, its so confusing that she releases music through three different labels  

well Polydor never released Ghost or YNTO so i think its doubtful, its so confusing that she releases music through three different labels  

well I'd expect it in 6-7 hours then

BzhmW.png

Just over 4 hours :excited:

Just wondering tho, is someone going to upload the album right then? I mean I'm about 95% sure I'm going to buy the album on iTunes (and then later physically), but I kinda wanna listen through it once at least before I buy to be completely honest :ohno:

H0bDaqU.gif

I just remembered that the first song I heard by Sky was her cover of "Animal." I called it a beautifully interpreted song, not knowing it was a cover at all. Long time after that, I heard "Red Lips" - a song that I praised for its brilliant video. Oh Jordan, we've come a long way so far...  :toofunny: Now I am suddenly having butterflies in my stomach on the verge of album release. And it's all thanks to King of the Bird Condo a.k.a. .