Elle

Blue Banisters - Merch & Media Drop

19 minutes ago, emilianomoon said:

Maybe this are the variants that were in the PoP Up event????

I’m wondering so too especially since they’re shipping out so soon! It seems like leftover stock rather than a new press, but it may be from the press that was sold at the Ocean Blvd pop-up earlier this year.

Here’s a comparison for those who haven’t seen, the pop-up variant is the lighter one on the left -

IMG-5532

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I’m wondering so too especially since they’re shipping out so soon! It seems like leftover stock rather than a new press, but it may be from the press that was sold at the Ocean Blvd pop-up earlier this year.

Here’s a comparison for those who haven’t seen, the pop-up variant is the lighter one on the left -

IMG-5532

Oh I didn’t even know the pop up was a restock! I thought it was dead stock, it’s so different! 

wonder what this one will be 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

IMG-5532

both of these are SO diff from the mock up? looks much nicer than that bright crayon yellow

aOaIzH2.gif

My restock has arrived and I can confirm it's different

I was convinced that the picture posted here earlier was a one-off manufacturing error unique to that one person, but apparently not

ZCcatkr.jpg

JtUVKlf.jpg

Original on the left, new one on the right

The restock has a really nice clear disc (I'll call it "champagne clear"), and a murky opaque yellow one (that is kinda ugly)

I don't think it's a repress, I think they probably had a manufacturing error and decided to not sell them but changed their mind since they knew we'd all buy it anyway

On 11/2/2023 at 5:58 AM, Elle said:

IMG-5532

6 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

I was convinced that the picture posted here earlier was a one-off manufacturing error unique to that one person, but apparently not

ZCcatkr.jpg

JtUVKlf.jpg

The restock has a really nice clear disc (I'll call it "champagne clear"), and a murky opaque yellow one (that is kinda ugly)

I don't think it's a repress, I think they probably had a manufacturing error and decided to not sell them but changed their mind since they knew we'd all buy it anyway

Ooh.. Now we can tell that the restock seems to have different colors for each disc. Side AB is murky yellow, Side CD is champagne-ish yellow. Pretty sure these really are defects after all that weren't put on sale during the initial run. Can't lie but this is kinda cool after deciding not to buy it as I had the original :toofunny:

3 minutes ago, yourboy said:

Ooh.. Now we can tell that the restock seems to have different colors for each disc. Side AB is murky yellow, Side CD is champagne-ish yellow. Pretty sure these really are defects after all that weren't put on sale during the initial run. Can't lie but this is kinda cool after deciding not to buy it as I had the original :toofunny:

Trust me I am so relieved to have it. I'm crazy enough to collect variants of variants so if I had chosen not to order it and just found out it's different, you can bet I'd be running over to ebay right now to contribute to some scalper's funds :lmao:

2 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Trust me I am so relieved to have it. I'm crazy enough to collect variants of variants so if I had chosen not to order it and just found out it's different, you can bet I'd be running over to ebay right now to contribute to some scalper's funds :lmao:

I collect all the variants and this is much more diff than US and EU clear Chemtrails sjhdkakdkw stupid me

14 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

I just got mine in the mail and it looks different than yours so this batch is definitely made up of faulty presses that they originally didn’t want to send out. Mine are both the standard gold color like you showed on the left but the vinyl for sides A/B is an opaque gold and the vinyl for sides C/D is the standard translucent gold.

Neither of the vinyl I got are the “champagne clear” color you described… gotta love shoplanadelrey :toofunny:. I’m not mad about it since it’s not my favorite of the BB variants but you’d think they’d reduce the price by $5 or something (as if they would)

hyz6.gif

11 minutes ago, Black to Blue said:

I just got mine in the mail and it looks different than yours so this batch is definitely made up of faulty presses that they originally didn’t want to send out. Mine are both the standard gold color like you showed on the left but the vinyl for sides A/B is an opaque gold and the vinyl for sides C/D is the standard translucent gold.

Neither of the vinyl I got are the “champagne clear” color you described… gotta love shoplanadelrey :toofunny:. I’m not mad about it since it’s not my favorite of the BB variants but you’d think they’d reduce the price by $5 or something (as if they would)

It's definitely an entire batch of "bad" vinyl they sold then. I am so curious now to see what everyone else's copies look like. Kinda glad I lucked out with the "champagne" one now

36 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

ZCcatkr.jpg

JtUVKlf.jpg

Ohhh this is fascinating ... the new clear "champagne" one is such a gorgeous colour. You got so lucky! I'm probably being stupid, but how does it look like one of your vinyl is completely sealed still?

I can't wait to see what mine turn out to look like, but it's shipping from the U.S. and I haven't even got any notification yet. Maybe it'll turn up for Christmas :smile3:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Ohhh this is fascinating ... the new clear "champagne" one is such a gorgeous colour. You got so lucky! I'm probably being stupid, but how does it look like one of your vinyl is completely sealed still?

I can't wait to see what mine turn out to look like, but it's shipping from the U.S. and I haven't even got any notification yet. Maybe it'll turn up for Christmas :smile3:

I only slit the seal on the side to take the vinyl out to check whether or not it was a different color! I actually do this a lot, usually to preserve hype stickers (until I get around to taking them off and putting them on my protective sleeves) but sometimes I get lazy and leave the shrinkwrap on altogether, especially if it's not a gatefold