Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Blue Banisters really is the perfect title track for this album. Either that or Wildflower Wildfire would have to be the title track, I don't think any of the other songs would have encapsulated the theme of the album so well

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

at this point i hope she'll do at leat 10k, debut at no.10 on billboard 200

is that a small amount of sales? i can't imagine this being such a low-selling album, she never flops.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I wonder what Lana's first week sales are gonna look like. even without direct promo from her, I think she'll do well.

without gp hype (or much knowledge of the album), no vinyls and no lana it’ll sure be BAD bad :eek:

but we don’t care cause what the album got, we’ve got to share :crying2:

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

without gp hype (or much knowledge of the album), no vinyls and no lana it’ll sure be BAD bad :eek:

I really want this album to do well. I feel like it'll be a classic.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

it’ll do bad chart wise but it could still do well sales wise, acclaim wise AND definitely better than cocc streaming wise :hair:

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

why no vinyls?

Blue Banisters is gonna be a critical darling and future cult-classic album, quote me in 10 years :true:

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

From what it looks like, Lana has a very strong possibility of dominating the number one spot next week. The only "power house" she has going against her is Elton John because of the collaborations he has with artists coming out next week. With enough promo (which is non existent) Lana could easily get a #1 album. Chemtrails had close to 0 promotion and came in at 2nd only because JB surprised released. If Lana can get a number one with this album with no promo... she will solidify her name MORE as an artist that cannot be stopped. 

giphy.gif

It frightens me though. If this album doesn't do well on the charts/sales what does that mean for her reputation with her label? The only reason they allow Lana to chill is because she continues to dominate, but this era she has completely gone MIA therefore resulting in probably her worst chart debut yet. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

From what it looks like, Lana has a very strong possibility of dominating the number one spot next week. The only "power house" she has going against her is Elton John because of the collaborations he has with artists coming out next week. With enough promo (which is non existent) Lana could easily get a #1 album. Chemtrails had close to 0 promotion and came in at 2nd only because JB surprised released. If Lana can get a number one with this album with no promo... she will solidify her name MORE as an artist that cannot be stopped. 

Well Drake is still doing around 100k even though his album came out over a month ago. She needs around 40k to even make the top 10 right now. COCC did 75k with vinyl which accounted for around 30K sales. Let’s just hope she makes the top 10. 

5 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

It frightens me though. If this album doesn't do well on the charts/sales what does that mean for her reputation with her label? The only reason they allow Lana to chill is because she continues to dominate, but this era she has completely gone MIA therefore resulting in probably her worst chart debut yet. 

we said that about chemtrails and she broke records. Her chart performance obviously isn’t going to be stellar, but I absolutely believe her sales are fantastic. She has a very loyal base and they wouldn’t shell out money for countless vinyl variations if they thought it wasn’t going to sell

"Don’t forget me"

Born to Die and Paradise were Lana taking her experiences and spinning them into these evocative and enhanced visions of the reality she once knew.

Lust for Life was Lana subverting that reality and challenging the moral foundations upon which she operates, marking a transition. 

Norman Fucking Rockwell! and Chemtrails Over the Country Club were sabbaticals that showed a day-in-the-life of Lana and consolidated her creative vision.

Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, and Blue Banisters are the complex and intricate autobiographical recounts that are the fruit of Lana's labour. These three records are where the heavy lifting of turning all the way inward happens – and yields the most rewards.

(8 days, 9 hours, and 23 minutes!) 

8 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

It’s probably because this is her last record with Interscope and so they are not pushing her to promote it. I think she’s in for a shock if she gets a new deal and she’s required to actually do more then just make the music. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance