Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Is the new album better the Chemtrails? That's all I wanna know.

i personally prefer chemtrails :shh2:

a lot of people love it, some people aren't really into it, i think the consensus would be that it's better than chemtrails, though

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

It’s a shame the album will come out and she won’t do anything creative with it, not a string of singles or videos etc. things to get the music really out there and have it really get heard. 

Colbert this Friday :party:

Evil Lana be like

Spoiler

DD18-D691-3608-4-CA5-8-B17-433978-EEA675

43 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

ladies? Beautiful as a single? these look wildly different on my phone and computer so idk. im sorry I can't let this format die and I'm sorry I'm addicted to making ugly diy album arts.. like lana like stan <3

Hide contents

lcRyBxK.jpg

qgngZeI.jpg

Beautiful deserves to be a single

whatarecoloris.jpg

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

i feel this. i think the new songs are okay… if you lie down with me is my favorite of them all. the thunder rework is great imo but thats about all i have to say. i was so ready for this to be one of my fave albums of hers but its just not hitting for me. 

My father passed away yesterday. To say I'm heartbroken and devastated is an understatement.I cried throughout check-in and luggage check at the airport. Drowning my sorrows in a beer and played the album. I don't even care if it's good. I just want sad Lana songs for the plane ride. The mention of her father on Text Book brought me to tears again. I'm so thankful the album leaked to help me through this awful time, and whether I like it or not later down the line - I'm just grateful she put it out and is as productive and hard-working as she is. We're all blessed.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

My father passed away yesterday. To say I'm heartbroken and devastated is an understatement.I cried throughout check-in and luggage check at the airport. Drowning my sorrows in a beer and played the album. I don't even care if it's good. I just want sad Lana songs for the plane ride. The mention of her father on Text Book brought me to tears again. I'm so thankful the album leaked to help me through this awful time, and whether I like it or not later down the line - I'm just grateful she put it out and is as productive and hard-working as she is. We're all blessed.

i'm so sorry for your loss <3 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

stay strong babe, we got you 💔

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, barttttender said:

Sending so much love angel. Losing a parent is the absolute worst :( 

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

I’m so excited for those of us who enjoy both Chemtrails and Blue Banisters. We’re super spoiled. I can’t really compare them, they’re two different worlds and experiences for me, even if they’re cut from somewhat similar sonic influences. Lana may not always move in the direction I’m personally craving from her, but wherever she takes us, I’m happy to go because she’s so ridiculously consistent it’s almost overwhelming. New Lana music always takes a few listens to worm it’s way into my heart, but I have no doubt the new album is already starting to (even if I have the same disorientation I felt with NFR, knowing a large part of the album in advance and having to wait for it all to gel together properly).

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

New Lana music always takes a few listens to worm it’s way into my heart, but I have no doubt the new album is already starting to (even if I have the same disorientation I felt with NFR, knowing a large part of the album in advance and having to wait for it all to gel together properly).

I def feel this. we literally had 10 tracks before the album was released so it still feels weird. I feel like the narrative shape of the album will reveal itself with a few more full listens 

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I'm sorry for your loss. Sending love to you.

1 minute ago, Alunadelrey said:

I'm sorry for your loss. Sending love to you.

Thank you all. Means a lot. I know I don't post much, but I am the biggest fan since 2012. If you Lay Down with Me is lovely. 

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

Thank you all. Means a lot. I know I don't post much, but I am the biggest fan since 2012. If you Lay Down with Me is lovely. 

Like someone said on here. We got you <3 I also don't post alot on here and I saw your post and wanted to send my thoughts and love. 

Putting this in a spoiler cause it’s long but there’s no spoilers just my take on the track list 

Spoiler

My lil theory on the track list and why Blue Banisters is the second song:

It’s a little weird how she says this album chronicles her life because text book is at the beginning. Textbook is definitely written in her regards to the BLM movements in 2020.

So I think that text book is actually the last track and the album is meant to be listened to like twice with sweet Carolina renewing the listening cycle.

after listening to the tracks and going back to the title track, lyrically, it seems like Lana starts going through her story when Jenny asks about her on the John Deere. How she can’t recall where the dried flowers are from.

it feels like this throws her into recapping her career and personal life (very lightly since it’s hard to tell a biography in 15 tracks). 

she says Arcadia is somewhere in the middle but never specified where the beginning and end are. 

idk it’s late! 

5 minutes ago, Obduration said:

Putting this in a spoiler cause it’s long but there’s no spoilers just my take on the track list 

Reveal hidden contents

My lil theory on the track list and why Blue Banisters is the second song:

It’s a little weird how she says this album chronicles her life because text book is at the beginning. Textbook is definitely written in her regards to the BLM movements in 2020.

So I think that text book is actually the last track and the album is meant to be listened to like twice with sweet Carolina renewing the listening cycle.

after listening to the tracks and going back to the title track, lyrically, it seems like Lana starts going through her story when Jenny asks about her on the John Deere. How she can’t recall where the dried flowers are from.

it feels like this throws her into recapping her career and personal life (very lightly since it’s hard to tell a biography in 15 tracks). 

she says Arcadia is somewhere in the middle but never specified where the beginning and end are. 

idk it’s late! 

this had me shook... theoretically, text book is the most recent song/state of mind she's in, and then in blue banisters, she starts recalling her entire past 10 years because Jenny asks her how she got on a John Deere and she starts having flashbacks to the everything that's happened since....... so that explains why she chose so many old songs to go on the album.... WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CONCEPT ALBUM BB IS. I don't know if I've said this all correctly, but I feel like im starting to put together puzzle pieces in my head

giphy.gif