bluechemtrails

Most melancholic songs?

Hope, Fine China, God Knows I Tried, The Blackest Day, Wait for Life, Beautiful People demo, Nectar of the Gods, Cruel World, Pretty When I Cry, Terrence Loves You, Boom Like That

for me, melancholy is separated from sadness by a kind of... wistfulness? a sort of weird sad magic feeling. lana has many straight up depressing songs - Is This Happiness, Hope, Beautiful People demo, etc - but she is an absolute master when it comes to melancholy!

to me her most melancholic songs are: Oh Say Can You See, Yayo (both AKA and Paradise versions!), Pawn Shop Blues, Bel Air (!!!), and probably a few others i can't think of rn!!

controversial opinion: i actually think Tulsa Jesus Freak is super melancholic :makeup:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Mariners Apartment Complex is melancholic to me, because while she’s finally able to say how strong she is, how secure she is; she realizes that other’s still don’t see her like that, so there’s this almost kind of pleading of “no I AM strong I’m not that person anymore” that I really like. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Try Tonight, Elvis, I Talk To Jesus, Fordham Road (idk if others feel the same way - I might be projecting lol), Nectar Of The Gods, The greatest, Lust For Life demo

8 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

controversial opinion: i actually think Tulsa Jesus Freak is super melancholic :makeup:

I think I agree :crai:

mUENGN9.png

Well, on the one hand there is Pretty When You Cry, which is probably her darkest, most raw-est, desperate and truly saddest track.

But both The greatest and 13 Beaches hit a bit harder for me. Even though the lyrics maynot go as deep as songs like Heroin, The Blackest Day etc. the delivery, the mood and the production (especially in case of 13 Beaches) just SOAKS of melancholia, regret and defeat. In TG this vibe kind of clashes with those dramatics guitars, while the nautic sounds of 13B completely embrace it while still staying subtle

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Honeymoon, Pawn Shop Blues, Terrence Loves You, White Dress, Arcadia, I Talk To Jesus, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, Fine China, Swan Song, Pretty When You Cry, Change

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Fine China, Ultraviolence (especially the demo and the first live performance), The Blackest Day, Dark Paradise (stereotypically, but it still is melancholic), Terrence Loves You, HIADTFAWLMTH (even though it attempts to life it at the end), Old Money (that one personally feels most melancholy to me)

Hope and Wait For Life. I have to be in a really specific mood to listen to those songs, they hurt in a completely different way than the rest of her discography does. I feel like Yosemite is melancholic as well, but in more of a nostalgic way rather than it being genuinely sad 

imageproxy.jpg