Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

5 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

i kind of need a tiny desk concert 

I just need her to sing these damn songs LIVE with just her voice. Like Premiere style 

I just love the way she adlibs and changes her song and adds different vocals FUCK I wish she would do something like what Lorde did during melodrama and released the videos of her performing some of the songs

imagine like we’re back in her backyard and it’s like yellow lights strung up with flowers everywhere. She’s wearing a flowing dress and with her band she singsssss

FUCK I need more from this era before we move on

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

I thought I didn't like ww as much and it hit me today. this happened to me with text book and blue banisters. when released before the album I wasn't sure about them. Among the other songs they make so much sense.

Can't stop thinking about "comfortably numb but with lithium came poetry".

this album feels so calming to me. I appreciate different lyrics everyday and enjoy hearing her words so much. hearing how she puts things together. On this album, it's like she can sing anything and I feel it touches me deeply emotionally. I don't even relate to it? She's so powerful. Reminds me when I first liked her in BTD :poordat: 

I revisited some songs I hadn't heard in a while from her. I so appreciate her still singing now, she is so brilliant. No one else has me thinking this much about their lyrics nowadays 

7 hours ago, CatchTheBreeze said:

the worst mistake of her entire carreer was posting or even let anyone have a sight of the picture on the right in the NFR era. it's starting to hurt physically. she has other pictures.

10 hours ago, bigspender said:

Okay after listening to this album at least 20 times, i can firmly say that this is clearly not her strongest album. The songs are amazing and it’s cohesive but i think the issue is the tracklist.  i think cherry blossom should’ve been somewhere else in the tracklist because it’s honestly not easy to listen to after living legend. living legend is pretty slow and i’d expect something else coming after it but it’s another song that starts with piano and it’s in the same key, which just isnt my favorite. it’s in no way on ultraviolence tier. chemtrails on the other hand was amazing, almost perfect minus the collabs, which i will forever erase off my library. chemtrails was a cultural reset but blue banisters couldn’t possibly live up to its legacy. 

I feel that way as well. I think the album is overall pretty great. But I do think that it suffers from being a bit too mellow, there should've been at least one or two more "bangers", in lieu of some of the softer tracks.

Although I think the album is a tad to soft, I personally prefer the production on 'Blue Banisters', compared to the one on the past two records, especially the piano. 

Spoiler

'Arcadia' and 'Nectar of the Gods' can go tbh. :gasp:

Spoiler

I personally think that 'UFB' would've been a better unreleased track on the album than 'Nectar'.

4 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

Nectar of the Gods has grown on me so much. I feel dumb for saying that it could have been removed from the album.

this is me w living legend. im ASHAMED

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

I feel that way as well. I think the album is overall pretty great. But I do think that it suffers from being a bit too mellow, there should've been at least one or two more "bangers", in lieu of some of the softer tracks.

Although I think the album is a tad to soft, I personally prefer the production on 'Blue Banisters', compared to the one on the past two records, especially the piano. 

Hide contents

'Arcadia' and 'Nectar of the Gods' can go tbh. :gasp:

Hide contents

I personally think that 'UFB' would've been a better unreleased track on the album than 'Nectar'.

i mostly agree with this, but i think the production on chemtrails fits everything perfectly, and i would also include wild one in BB

giphy.gif