Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

i cannot imagine blue banisters and chemtrails combined as one album, they’re polar opposites for me in my opinion :bebe: where chemtrails is light and airy and sunny and pastel, BB is dark and heavy and humid and stormy. i feel like what makes these albums work on their own is their cohesion—if you take that away, they don’t have much else going for them. even if you took the best songs from both and put them together, i think the messiness of it would actually result in a worse album than either of them are right now :trisha:

9 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i cannot imagine blue banisters and chemtrails combined as one album, they’re polar opposites for me in my opinion :bebe: where chemtrails is light and airy and sunny and pastel, BB is dark and heavy and humid and stormy. i feel like what makes these albums work on their own is their cohesion—if you take that away, they don’t have much else going for them. even if you took the best songs from both and put them together, i think the messiness of it would actually result in a worse album than either of them are right now :trisha:

i actually agree - it was really more an interesting thought experience more than anything else

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

relistened to the whole album again for the first time in a year and wow… it aged even worse than expected :awkney: which is weird considering i loved it when it came out and found it miles better than cocc. time the ultimate truth teller after all…

it’s a cosmic miracle it still gets the daily streams it gets considering how unnecessarily long and boring the album as whole is. Several songs on their own are pretty good but 14 piano ballads back to back lord have mercy :air2:

Top 5 BB tracks are (in no particular order)

Arcadia

If You Lie Down With Me
Black Bathing Suit

Nectar Of The Gods
Cherry Blossom/Living Legend/Thunder (depending on what mood I'm in haha)

Nectar, LL and CB deserves WAY more love.😭

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Top 5 from BB

01. Dealer

02. Black Bathing Suit

03. Thunder

04. Sweet Carolina

05. Blue Banisters

its really hard for me to put the UV outtakes on this list because they feel like impulsive tack ons. If I were rating honestly though those three would outrank almost all of these except Dealer.

I just realized... the way WW was by far my favourite one of the triplet singles (it was my 5th most listened track 2021), but it's actually the song of BB I have been listening to the least this year... (can't even recall when the last time I listened to it omg...:crossed: while all the other BB songs I listen to reguarly, except maybe not Beautiful and VFR as often lol) when it's actually sooo good, idk I guess it's like that is the one BB song I can't listen to everyday at any give time. Maybe I have to be in the right place and time for that one nowadays.:cuteface:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1. Blue Banisters

2. Black Bathing Suit

3. Arcadia

4. Violets for Roses

5. Wildflower Wildfire

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

the fact that the first pages of this thread are everyone saying it’s in her top 3 right when it was released to everyone saying it’s one of her worst is sending me :hide: 

lanaboards please never change :justride2:

Wfwf

Text book 

Iyldwm

Bbs

Beautiful 

That's my top 5 atm:oop2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 minute ago, ultrablvds said:

the fact that the first pages of this thread are everyone saying it’s in her top 3 right when it was released to everyone saying it’s one of her worst is sending me :hide: 

lanaboards please never change :justride2:

and then when LDR10 comes out, it will be nothing but Ocean Blvd slander and Blue Banisters appreciation :awk:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Blue Banisters

Thunder

If You Lie Down With Me

Dealer 

Text Book

My top 5 no particular order, these are just it for me. Love BB in general but these 5 are perfection.

Edited by DLT
Attempted to rank them, it's hard: Thunder, Blue Banisters, Text Book, Dealer, If You Lie Down With Me.