Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

52 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

truly beautiful post. I applaud you for the vulnerability. what you've said here resonates with me a lot - this album was like an anchor for me when dealing with the sudden death of someone close to me earlier this year

tysm! i'm so sorry about that i hope you've healed beautifully ♡ 

Happy first b day to a gorgeous album, every listen is even more gorgeous than the last.. So lush and beautiful and honestly relatable in certain aspects even though its so specific and personal. A comfort in the sadness and vulnerability which makes you feel not alone is a good way to describe it. Also Arcadia is 1000% a instant classic you cannot tell me otherwise, I'm surprised she hadn't written a song like it before it is so completely Lana. Love this album to my core :heart:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Definitely an album destined for autumn :true:

It has been my comfort album these couple of months . It might not be the most perfectly crafted one (mixing wise, use of YouTube rips etc) but it definitely has some of her most personal  songs ever that hold a special place in my heart :wub:

hbd bb !! <3

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I still dislike this album, but it has BB, Wildflower Wildfire and Cherry Blossom and Nectar of the Gods and I feel super connected to those last two songs, I actually used to cry a lot to CB back in the day, so I'm glad she put it there. Happy birthday, Blue Banisters! 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

happy bday BB! i still find you sort of confusing but can't deny that some of my fav lana songs ever are on here (cherry blossom, nectar of the gods, living legend, if you lie down with me) but how they fit in with the newer songs remains a mystery to me. unfortunately, BB, you also contain the hands down worst song in lana's discography (beautiful) but all told it's amazing that it took nine albums for her, one of my fav songwriters of all time, to make a song i hate this much. BB you will always be an enigma and honestly that's a serve of its own.

aOaIzH2.gif

Happy 1 year to Blue Banisters 💙 This record means so much to me. Its healing themes of looking inward through family origins and embracing community in spite of that are very inspirational to me. I love the familiarity of the older tracks and very much value the poetry of the newer ones—this record is an incredibly rewarding listen that I will cherish in the years to come. 🍂

happy blue banisters day!!! can't believe it's been a whole year already :wowcry:

I think this album is just so important in her discography and it holds a special place in my heart as it dropped right when I moved to the house I live in right now and everytime I listen to it it brings me the feelings of a new chapter in life. and just like chemtrails it has that warming introspective vibe that makes us feel hugged and closer to her

wildflower wildfire, if you lie down with me, black bathing suit, blue blue banisters, dealer, arcadia, violets for roses, living legend, cherry blossom :heart:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Happy birthday to one of my favorite LDR albums yet. I admire this album so much because I think it takes such a strong step forward in presenting her strengths as both a poet and a musician. It conveys the essence of Lana in the simplest & most honest way possible. A genius songwriter, yet completely misunderstood for many different reasons. It makes me see beauty in the simplest things, such as jumping into a pool with your friends on a summer day, to the abstract of Russian poetry and karmic lineage. She shares her vulnerabilities, her past family, and reflects upon her art and how challenging it was navigating the early reception and current day backlash. The title of the album is absolutely perfect, and despite the simplicity of the imagery of the two videos, they still truly encapsulate the album as a whole. Super, super beautiful and underappreciated record, and I hope people click with it more down the line. 

Some of my favorite lyrics:

TEXT BOOK

And then there was the issue of her
I didn't even like myself, or love the life I had
And there you were with shinin' stars standin' blue with open arms
You touched the detriment most of the friends I knew already had
You've got a Thunderbird, my daddy had one, too
Let's rewrite history, I'll do this dance with you
You know I'm not that girl, you know I'll never be
Maybe just the way we're different could set me free

BLUE BANISTERS:

She said, "You can't be a muse and be happy, too
You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry
And be happy"
And that scared me
Summer comes, winter goes
Spring, I skip, God knows
Summer comes, winter goes
Spring, I sleep, Heaven knows
Every time it turns to May
All my sisters fly to me
To paint, paint

NECTAR OF THE GODS:

What cruel world is this? Nectar of the Gods
Heroin gold in my veins, you in my thoughts
California, homeland of the Gods
Once I found my way but now I am lost

WILDFLOWER WILDFIRE:

What I can promise is I'll lie down
Like a bed of wildflowers
And I'll always make the sheets
Smell like gardenias wild at your feet
And I nourish you hazily

My father never stepped in
When his wife would rage at me
So I ended up awkward but sweet
Later than hospitals and still on my feet
Comfortably numb but with lithium came poetry

:wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

So BB shares anniversary with her being discovered by Ben wow :hdu: it kinda makes sense now that she 'ended' her career somehow after releasing it. I think we'll never know what's going on in her mind but I find it even more interesting now :flutter:

26 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

So BB shares anniversary with her being discovered by Ben wow :hdu: it kinda makes sense now that she 'ended' her career somehow after releasing it. I think we'll never know what's going on in her mind but I find it even more interesting now :flutter:

wait, How did it "end" her career?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

12 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

wait, How did it "end" her career?

I was referring to her singing off as LDR from social media. I didn't mean it ended her career.

Also Arcadia was released on Video Games anniversary and she said 'listen to it like you listened to Video Games' so 👀

Tbh I think BB is a really mysterious album. We know nothing about it at all. I know a lot of people hate this album but I like it even more and more. There are so many questions and no answers, no interviews etc. She just released and disappeared and it really intrigues me.

I feel like LDR9 will be really 'extraordinary' as Ben said :hdu:

55 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

I was referring to her singing off as LDR from social media. I didn't mean it ended her career.

Also Arcadia was released on Video Games anniversary and she sait 'listen to it like you listened to Video Games' so 👀

Tbh I think BB is a really mysterious album. We know nothing about it at all. I know a lot of people hate this album but I like it even more and more. There are so many questions and no answers, no interviews etc. She just released and disappeared and it really intrigues me.

I feel like LDR9 will be really 'extraordinary' as Ben said :hdu:

Oh I got it. "Arcadia" was her last single according to her previous contract with Interscope right?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing