Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I think only three songs are older than 5 years (Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, Nectar of the Gods) so it's still eligible as that's only 20% of the album. Beautiful was recorded in 2018 so that's four years old, and Dealer and Thunder are 2017 which is five years but not more than five years. My guess is that the Grammy committee will think it's "close enough" though any nominations at all for this album would be absolutely shocking.

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Guys. If her team submitted Dealer for nominations then would it be considered for Best pop duo/group ? Since Miles Kane wasnt credited as featured artist.

be honest does dealer really deserve a grammy?:smokes3:

i mean i personally like the song but for a grammy tho? lmao

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

I don't think BB having at least some nominations would be THAT unlikely... every year there are some albums that didn't make much noise in the nominations and some even win (for example Beck winning AOTY over Beyonce when his album was neither commercially or critically more successful than hers...)

I kinda just want it to happen so she can attend and we get some nice red carpet pictures :hide:

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think BB having at least some nominations would be THAT unlikely... every year there are some albums that didn't make much noise in the nominations and some even win (for example Beck winning AOTY over Beyonce when his album was neither commercially or critically more successful than hers...)

I kinda just want it to happen so she can attend and we get some nice red carpet pictures :hide:

I have a feeling she won't attend the grammys ever again tbh but I hope I'm wrong 'cause I want new red carpet pics too

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

18 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I have a feeling she won't attend the grammys ever again tbh but I hope I'm wrong 'cause I want new red carpet pics too

I think she'll eventually go again but only if she had some big category nominations like another AOTY nod... I don't think she would bother for pop vocal album for example :thumb2:

giphy.gif

I'm almost positive that it's Lana's team that submits things for Grammys and not her, so I don't know if this is something Lana's super involved with or worried about right now. Either way, with the Grammy's history with Lana, there's no way they'd give her a win if she gets nominated :icant: Although I'm always open to being surprised :creepna3: 

imageproxy.jpg

i could see lana getting song of the year. it is a songwriting award which is what she gets praised the most for. & blue banisters is a very well written song. definitely the best choice in song to submit. but at the same time i am not holding my breath bc the grammys always snub her.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Blue Banisters... just like how you were unexpectedly released - Chemtrails' tales of romance had to breakdown. Both of those albums are dear to me and yes, i'm one of those fans that's gonna say those records were released at the perfect time for me. From the day Lana threatened us with that cover, something kept me going during a rough time. When she randomly dropped - what this fandom could unanimously agree on - three of some of her most personal songs to date i felt less and less alone. Nothing really breaks like a fake promise, or trying to desperately fill the gaps of an absent father. Funny enough, when i used to sulk in a depression back in May, i had a phase where i'd keep listening to the Thunder demo leak until an insider teased it was *attached* to the record. Very convenient as I developed a personal connection to that song and the fact that Cherry Blossom happened to be my favorite unreleased song ever. Then came Arcadia, which broke me even more. This was a record made for someone that was so close to just anchor, a heartbroken person, someone that never wanted to be misunderstood but to just be understood. Like look at how beautiful Sweet Carolina turned out to be! That's all it took. I will forever be grateful to Lana and her art, this is just even more proof of how much of a Living Legend she is herself.

Blue Banisters forever :wub:

Happy Birthday Blue Banisters :kiss:

I can't believe it's already one year old :trisha:

Truly love this album & it sounds so beautiful in autumn. It's in my top 3 Lana albums and it is kinda a comfort album to me:wub: it gave us so many great songs. Wildflower Wildfire is literally a career highlight,  I still love Text Books production so much , Thunder is stunningly beautiful,  If You Lie Down With Me , Black Bathing Suit , the wah wah wah part in Living Legend, we finally got Dealer & I'm happy I can listen to Nectar Of The Gods on vinyl , it was always one of my fave unreleased songs :flutter: 

The strings & horns in Arcadia are so beautiful & the title track really grew on me.

Also we got to hear a bit of her screaming vocals, which I always wanted to hear :scream:

This album is not everyones tea on here but I truly love it & love every song on it:wowcry:

Edit: I also forgot to say that I love the healing aspect the album has to it, at least on a few songs. In that way it helped me kinda heal & recover from shit that happened on my past. VfR really helped me to get over a toxic friendship and move one from that ( to me it was more than just a friendship but anyways). Maybe that's partly why I love the album so much:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: