Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I took another listen to Blue Banisters recently and the way she talks about her mommy issues was so raw I felt embarrassed to be listening in on a private therapy session 

I am dealing with my “karmic lineage” recently and it’s so hard. Lana is like the only one who could possibly understand and even then I can sometimes feel alone

Idk wky but this album is hitting today:trisha:

I LOVE THIS ALBUM SO MUCH AND IT'S PERFECT TO ME :wowcry::defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I still think this is her worst album, but i struggle with even seeing it as a album. It’s more like a compilation or a closer/leftover project leading up to something bigger and better (hopefully).

A lot of it woulda hit harder if she left out the filler songs that she dusted off from 10 years ago and didn’t overuse those damn piano keys. 

WFWF is the best thing to come out of this. Text Book, BB (song), BBS are godly too. Dealer is probably the best song but it just doesn’t fit on the album at all. Weird tracklisting. 

I’ll continue to shit on this “album” because it’s below Lana’s level. 

:true:

This really has become on of my favs from her. Maybe not as much as HM/UV but still at the same level as NFR.

After the half-baked and bleak COCC, this really gave me faith in her as an artist again. Such a "full" album next to the uninspired and unfinished feeling Chemtrails.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm surprised by the amount of slander of BB on this site, it's my favorite album since it came out and I listen to it the most. I don't find it bland, boring and monotone. it' full of emotion and one of her best lyrics ever

and who cares if the mainstream is not listening to it? Lana's doing fine

if she was to make pop smash hit music, all of her authenticity as an artist would be gone because something that goes mainstream has to be very shallow and out there and not have an artistical value so that everyone can connect to it. point blank period

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

10 hours ago, TropicoHeart said:

Honest answers, how many people here also had to Google what a ”Banister” were when she first announced the album?

Lana really said I know some of y'all won't get a single thing out of this album but at least you'll know what a banister is now  default_oprah3.gif educational queen

11 hours ago, TropicoHeart said:

Honest answers, how many people here also had to Google what a ”Banister” were when she first announced the album?

EXACTLY first I didn’t know what banisters meant but then have you seen what it means ??? Lana r u ok this is no album title material / probably nikki lane who told her to name it that way

On 11/19/2022 at 5:37 PM, letterblue said:

idk i love Text Book...idk why the girls hate it. the mention of BLM is fine with me.

Yees!! And the production is so good imo, especially with headphones. Love the atmosphere in the verses so so much,  the tempo changes are interesting and the outro..transcending:defeated: it's one of my favourite Lana songs ever :true:

Love the lyrics overall as well

Do you think if I go blonde we could get our old love back  :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I came back to BB two days ago and listened to it one by one..... some of yall keep hating on this album but I have to admit I LOVE this album so much. It's so fucking random but not like lfl kind of random. Say what you wanna say but her vocals on this album are amazing for real. 

It really feels like the main massage is FUCK YOU ALL like look at me I still can be sexy goofy random crazy mad angry serving vocals at the same time :smokes:

I might be delulu today but that's it guys muah :kiss: stream Blue Banisters :hooker:

bb rollout really was so funky and random 

if you lie down with me should’ve easily gotten a cute video, even if it was just the alt arcadia video with iyldwm instead (also dare i say.. this should’ve been the pre-release single) 

and dealer really deserved a big budget video so bad.. empty streets at night, bars, her and miles… shades of cool but darker and moodier. would’ve been perfect for a album release day single 

then sweet carolina/cherry blossom wouldve been a great opportunity for a cute homemade family video a few months after the album came out