Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

9 hours ago, Fever said:

i still stand by the theory that this album encapsulates a kind of death and departing of the self and the world you're leaving behind to venture into a new environment/ sphere of living. i'll never tire of rooting for this album and how beautiful it is. 

I’ve always seen this album and chemtrails as Lana’s step back from the mythos. Chemtrails is like a quaint walk you take yourself on and Blue Banisters is like the daydreaming you do along said walk. I’ve always considered Blue Banisters her “Lullaby” album. Full to the brim with ballads of warmth and this feeling of like when you repot an old plant and realize that the roots have taken over the whole pot. While the plant may not appear to have a need for the move, the roots cannot grow unless they are given space and nurtured. Blue Banisters is like her “I love you” to the world, fans,  her family, and to herself.

On 12/11/2022 at 2:54 PM, lanasbottom said:

relistened to the whole album again for the first time in a year and wow… it aged even worse than expected :awkney: which is weird considering i loved it when it came out and found it miles better than cocc. time the ultimate truth teller after all…

it’s a cosmic miracle it still gets the daily streams it gets considering how unnecessarily long and boring the album as whole is. Several songs on their own are pretty good but 14 piano ballads back to back lord have mercy :air2:

Clearly it just isn't for you. I wouldn't mind if we got another full piano album at all as long as the lyrics are good.

I'm sorry but this is her worst album. Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit, and Wildflower Wildfire are the only songs that stand out imo. Too many ballads, production all over the place, even Dealer and Thunder (most upbeat tracks) are pretty forgettable. And let's not talk about the visuals. Can't believe COCC, which is supposed to be her quarantine album, had more looks, outfits, and a variety of photoshoots. She really took three pics in front of the wooden banisters and said "no more for this era" :toofunny: I used to be a LFL hater but that album is a masterpiece compared to BB...

There’s a handful of filler tracks I always skip but I still value this album quite a bit. Nonplussed at the amount of sheer negativity towards it still… She showed us her soulll :um2::crying5:

NOTG and low-key Arcadia didn’t need to be on it, maybe Cherry Blossom too (though it is my favourite of these three mentioned), and whilst I love Dealer, it needed a bridge or even just an alternate vocal in the second chorus cause it’s very repetitive and has no replay value. I only ever play Dealer to other people to demonstrate her growing experimentalism as of the past few years. Living Legend has grown on me, but it didn’t need to be there, I could take it or leave it.

That said, I treat BB as an experimental career interlude if not a mixtape, and I believe it has some of her highest highs - Text Book and Black Bathing Suit still inspire my own songwriting to this day, and I hope (and apparently hope rightly) that she will keep pushing this new direction. 

7 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

Clearly it just isn't for you. I wouldn't mind if we got another full piano album at all as long as the lyrics are good.

considering its streams/general attention it clearly isn’t for most people :rip:

13 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

I've never looked at streaming numbers but this album is easily one of her best imo

if the other 7 didn’t exist maybe :derpna2:

15 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Every day I'm alive I gain a larger hatred for this album 

oh you just get it ! 

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't know why this happened or what even that chart is but well, good for Lana !:thumb2:

JUSTICE FOR VIOLETS FOR ROSES 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

That's so random :silly:

Also justice for the part where she says about the paramount sign sparkling just for her :wub:

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆