Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 8/11/2023 at 9:09 AM, ShadesOfViolence said:

she didn't work hard for this album let's be honest

She may not have promoted it, but we know she recorded and then cut a handful of songs, so I don't think we can say she didn't work hard during the recording process. Why she cut them, we don't know. But to me, WFWF certainly shows hard work; it couldn't have been easy for her to face herself and her past that way, and reveal her negative relationship with her mother--it's not as if her mother's dead. It's the relative lightness of several of the tracks that I do like--'VFR,' 'Arcadia,' 'IYLDWM,' 'Sweet Carolina.' 

5 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Great lyrics of an album…

the vocals on the other hand though… it giggles me sometimes listening to her singing here…. How she went to loud to quiet in title track and Arcadia is funny- a lil bit…

I've heard others here say that, but I don't hear it…can you give me the time in 'Arcadia' that you're taking about.

I, on the other hand, here some poor vocals on 'Grandfather…" and a few other tracks on OC. 

38 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I've heard others here say that, but I don't hear it…can you give me the time in 'Arcadia' that you're taking about.

I, on the other hand, here some poor vocals on 'Grandfather…" and a few other tracks on OC. 

Ocean has good vocal inflection- absolutely the same technique she used in title/arcadia but a better execution…

Was referencing :

blue title track : i said i’m scared of the santa clarita till the diamonds the rust and the rain

arcadia : the whole chorus

doesn’t mean anything that i hate these compositions- they are beautiful, some of my favorites absolutely… was just pointing the funniness out of the vocal executions of those two…

10 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Ocean has good vocal inflection- absolutely the same technique she used in title/arcadia but a better execution…

Was referencing :

blue title track : i said i’m scared of the santa clarita till the diamonds the rust and the rain

arcadia : the whole chorus

doesn’t mean anything that i hate these compositions- they are beautiful, some of my favorites absolutely… was just pointing the funniness out of the vocal executions of those two…

Thank you—I will listen again with your own ear in mind. 

Blue Banisters (2021)

1. Violets For Roses - 10/10
2. Thunder - 10/10
3. Living Legend - 10/10
4. Cherry Blossom - 10/10
5. Nectar Of The Gods - 9.5/10
6. If You Lie Down With Me - 9.5/10

7. Sweet Carolina - 9/10
8. Dealer - 8.5/10

9. Black Bathing Suit - 8.5/10
10. Arcadia - 8/10

11. Text Book - 8/10
12. Wildflower Wildfire - 8/10

13. Blue Banisters - 7.5/10
14. Beautiful - 7.5/10

15. Interlude - The Trio - 6/10

Overall: 10/10 - Favorite Album

favorite moments: thunder intro, thunder drums, living legend screaming outro, cherry blossom bridge, nectar of the gods "oooo," iyldwm jazz outro, dealer scream, black bathing suit outro, wildflower wildfire crackling, beautiful intro, interlude beat drop

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I haven't listened much to this album in the past months, but I really need to revisit it soon, it's actually kinda sad because it used to be in my top 3 :trisha: but on the other hand this is such an autumn album to me , we also got a new album earlier this year which took the top 3 spot so maybe that's why. I also haven't listened to Chemtrails album much lately except a few songs, I think I might overplayed those two album too much in 2021 & 2022 and a break was needed.

Anyways I listened a lot to If You Lie Down With Me,  Thunder and Nectar recently again and I still love them so so much :wowcry: 

Stream Thunder y'all !!

Also I wish she would put Thunder on the setlist,  especially since she has background singers on stage already:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I haven't listened much to this album in the past months, but I really need to revisit it soon, it's actually kinda sad because it used to be in my top 3 :trisha: but on the other hand this is such an autumn album to me , we also got a new album earlier this year which took the top 3 spot so maybe that's why. I also haven't listened to Chemtrails album much lately except a few songs, I think I might overplayed those two album too much in 2021 & 2022 and a break was needed.

Anyways I listened a lot to If You Lie Down With Me,  Thunder and Nectar recently again and I still love them so so much :wowcry: 

Stream Thunder y'all !!

Also I wish she would put Thunder on the setlist,  especially since she has background singers on stage already:trisha:

If You Lie Down With Me is one of my LDR Top Five songs. I never tire of it. It's so sexy and seductive and confident. 

The title track got a star on US apple music, signifying an increase in popularity

My hard work finally paying off, what a masterpiece of a song 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Candy Necklace said:

This is for sure Lana’s fall vibes album right?

tbh i mostly listen to it in fall so i have to agree :true:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Still thinking about that free style version of Arcadia, it is so much more interesting and feels like it could be on Ocean Blvd

Imagine vocals like that with cleaner production + the trio actually being included in the track, it would have been iconic

On 8/24/2023 at 2:18 PM, Candy Necklace said:

This is for sure Lana’s fall vibes album right?

Absolutely. Her warmest, more moving and introspective record yet.

Can't really get the hate this album gets. I think in 50% of the cases it's not actually the record but people being upset over stuff like the leaked tracks, keeping themselves from enjoying it. 

It's obe of my most listened to Lana albums now, and I'd definitely rank it as her 4th best after UV, HM and NFR.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!