Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 minute ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Can't really get the hate this album gets. I think in 50% of the cases it's not actually the record but people being upset over stuff like the leaked tracks, keeping themselves from enjoying it. 

It's obe of my most listened to Lana albums now, and I'd definitelycrank it as her 4th best after UV, HM and NFR.

the so called fans who shits on this masterpiece :eyeroll2:

23 hours ago, china doll said:

wait this album gets hate? from lana's own fans?? what's there to hate about it???

It's my favorite of all her albums, but it gets a great deal of hate here on Lanaboards. Probably more hate than love. While some no doubt dislike it honestly, a lot of the rest of it I see as just bandwagon-jumping and people who are easily swayed by the majority, in other words, sociology. 

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It's my favorite of all her albums, but it gets a great deal of hate here on Lanaboards. Probably more hate than love. While some no doubt dislike it honestly, a lot of the rest of it I see as just bandwagon-jumping and people who are easily swayed by the majority, in other words, sociology. 

I think people can sense something is off with this album or era. It has nice songs but as someone said it’s like a mixtape. She said this years later after the album release.

"So, Blue Banisters was more of an explanatory album, more of a defensive album, which is why I didn't promote it, period, at all. I didn't want anyone to listen to it. I just wanted it to be there in case anyone was ever curious for any information."

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

As the Blue Banisters era really should have been:

First single: Blue Banisters

Second single: Arcadia (Music Video) + Album Pre-order

Tracklist:

01. Text Book

02. Blue Banisters

03. Arcadia

04. Black Bathing Suit

05. If You Lie Down With Me

06. Beautiful

07. Violets For Roses

08. Thunder

09. Wildflower Wildfire

10. Cherry Blossom

11. Sweet Carolina

I like Dealer and I love Living Legend and NOTG, but I feel they don't fit with on the album. :ohno:

6 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

As the Blue Banisters era really should have been:

First single: Blue Banisters

Second single: Arcadia (Music Video) + Album Pre-order

Tracklist:

01. Text Book

02. Blue Banisters

03. Arcadia

04. Black Bathing Suit

05. If You Lie Down With Me

06. Beautiful

07. Violets For Roses

08. Thunder

09. Wildflower Wildfire

10. Cherry Blossom

11. Sweet Carolina

I like Dealer and I love Living Legend and NOTG, but I feel they don't fit with on the album. :ohno:

The trio fits so perfectly I understand how people don’t see it but it’s one of my top tracks. The whole album is perfect and I’ll love it till the day I die. I want to be buried to the trio because I hate sad things.

Also the Arcadia + The Trio is one of Lana’s best music videos :justride:

2 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

I think people can sense something is off with this album or era. It has nice songs but as someone said it’s like a mixtape. She said this years later after the album release.

"So, Blue Banisters was more of an explanatory album, more of a defensive album, which is why I didn't promote it, period, at all. I didn't want anyone to listen to it. I just wanted it to be there in case anyone was ever curious for any information."

Fair enough, but her intentions don't influence my appreciation or lack of same. I'm sure she admires her own UV and NFR! more, but I don't. 

2 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

I think this quote is misconstrued, I don't take this as suggesting something is off with this album at all. To me this indicates even more so it's importance to Lana. It's something she had to do. It was her first big step into really personal songwriting and she was nervous for people to hear it, especially coming after a period of intense public scrutiny, but she had to say certain things on this album as a part of her healing process. It's a gorgeous record and I think it means a lot to Lana.

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I think this quote is misconstrued, I don't take this as suggesting something is off with this album at all. To me this indicates even more so its importance to Lana. It's something she had to do. It was her first big step into really personal songwriting and she was nervous for people to hear it, especially coming after a period of intense public scrutiny, but she had to say certain things on this album as a part of her healing process. It's a gorgeous record and I think it means a lot to Lana.

I agree it could be important to Lana but I disagree that it is misconstrued. She simply says she didn’t want anyone to listen to it and it is just there to answer some questions if anyone is curious. There is nothing wrong with loving the album and enjoying it. But it is easily understandable that it did not click with the majority as the artist herself didn’t put it out as an album with that intention. It’s not people jumping on the bandwagons is what I’m trying to say.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

On 9/8/2023 at 2:46 PM, china doll said:

wait this album gets hate? from lana's own fans?? what's there to hate about it???

Most of the critics I've seen are regarding its lack of promo and the fact that there are many previously leaked songs in it, or that the songs aren't as upbeat as some wanted.

Still haven't seen a rational argumentation on why it isn't a good project though.

Two years after its release it remains Lana's most powerful and beautiful record for me.

I have never considered unreleased tracks as a 'fills up'. It seems like they were very important and personal to her.

Also we wouldn't have even known about the whole Patty's situation.. no wonder that she said she didn't want us to listen to it cuz I would be scared af too.... Blue Banisters was an invitation to Ocean Blvd where she probably felt she could open up even more.

If you get it you'll get it and if you don't please don't call other people tasteless etc. at least

19 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

I have never considered unreleased tracks as a 'fills up'. It seems like they were very important and personal to her.

Also we wouldn't have even known about the whole Patty's situation.. no wonder that she said she didn't want us to listen to it cuz I would be scared af too.... Blue Banisters was an invitation to Ocean Blvd where she probably felt she could open up even more.

If you get it you'll get it and if you don't please don't call other people tasteless etc. at least

They complete the story. My only issue with the album was that the three songs released in May were extremely personal and detailed while the songs we got later with the album were so much more vague so it seemed jumbled, especially with those older tracks, but they're clearly important in the album. It's like when Violet was released and was marketed as being 30 poems but really it was 19 and the rest were haikus, we already had almost all of it. We really just got an EP's worth of new material with this album. Obviously it wasn't Lana's fault we'd heard a bunch of the songs but it will probably just take years for some people to separate them from their original album sessions so it's bound to be a grower for a lot of fans.