Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Personally, I can't imagine how any Lana Stan could hear 'Arcadia,' 'Black Bathing Suit,' 'IYLDWM,' 'Violets For Roses,' 'WFWF,' ' and 'Text Book' and not respond enthusiastically and deeply, even if 'Black Bathing Suit' is on the fun upbeat side---it's a pure pop song. 'Dealer' is fun and doesn't try to be anything other than what it is. The other previously-leaked songs are some of her best from that catalog, even if they were "ripped off Youtube" and weren't remastered, etc. (or not). 

We all agree there's no accounting for taste. But. The entire BB album being thought of a third-rate musically lyrically, and in terms of her voice and performance reminds me of how a great deal of people don't respond to '13 Beaches' and/or 'Heroin,' and prefer (to me) unchallenging songs like 'Love Song' or 'How to Disappear.' 

I DO think there's been a lot of bandwagon-jumping with this album, in this case, jumping off instead of on. It's almost as if an initial "buzz" goes out into the ether, collective unconscious, or wider world (including TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, other Lana boards, etc.), which is Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, and a great many people are swayed by that and remain so. Study advertising, sociology, and psychology if you want to learn how the majority of people in any given situation can be swayed to like, hate, or support almost anything, from witchcraft in Europe and early America or the rise of Hitler, Trump, or Biden. And NO—I'm not comparing those who love Norman and OC to Hitler or Trump. 

We saw that with Norman and we see it again now with Ocean Boulevard, both in the affirmative. 

The truth is no one knows exactly how it works but advertisers are nonetheless able to harness it. I'm not saying it's done with intent or purpose with Lana or Lorde or 21 Pilots—it's a spontaneous and mysterious process. 

And yes, I'm as subject to it as anyone else. That's one of the points of life, NOT to be manipulated by media, the majority, and your own unconscious processes. 

Can't believe it's been already two years. I have the feeling that I still haven't discovered everything this record has to bring, even if I know its undoubtedly her most profound, vulnerable and beautiful one. 

Happy birthday, Blue Banisters. And sincere thanks to Lana for opening up as much as creating such an authentic project required.

Happy Birthday, Blue Banisters! The two years seem like an eternity to me because so much has changed since then. This was the first album release that I experienced as a fan, so maybe that's why it felt a little more intense to me.

Such a comfort album <3
Dealer, If You Lie Down With Me, Black Bathing Suit, and Thunder are all highlights in her discography :peace2: Violets for Roses, Arcadia, Blue Banisters, Wildfire Wildflower, and Text Book are also some of my favorites :peace: I’m also so glad some of my favorite previously unreleased songs found a home on this album :wub: Love this album so much 

Happy Birthday Blue Banisters :kiss2:

Perfect album to listen to in autumn. Also it contains some of my fave LDR songs & I'm so happy some of my fave leaked songs made it on it:teehee: 

Also it got released at a perfect time for me & kinda helped me alot

There are some really beautiful moments on it that deserve more recognition and the album definetly doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets :noparty:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Also I can't believe it's been two years and we still haven't gotten the instrumentals:noparty:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

BB you will always be my bby :heart:

I cherish this album a lot as it holds sentimental value for me, also the songs are genuinely so good and innovative - she managed to convey some emotions and feelings that she had yet to explore in her music imo :wub:

BLUE BANISTERS IS 2 YEARS? what the fuckk :crai: that’s so much, yet it makes sense considering how much has changed.. i was such a huge fan in the time of release of this album, i listened to it so much it might still be my favourite lana piece :pray: it’s so autumnal and spiritual and charming