Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, honey dew said:

if you like Lana but need something different you'll like this artist called taylor swift she just does Lana covers and makes up her own versions of lana songs they're not bad

omg :creepna: no way????

Just now, your dealer said:

boring is subjective. every single release someone has called her music boring. 

I WILL WAIT FOR THE FACTS :true:

true but the last 2 releases hAVE been boring :azealia:

42 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I don’t believe :yawn:

I’m waiting for BOZ or Eclipse to spill

BOZ and I have way different tastes when it comes to her, most of the time (like, if it’s not sadcore, he doesn’t like as much). Not gonna take his take on the new songs as absolute truth. 

1 hour ago, avenue said:

part of why i don't like jack or drew is not that they're bad producers or songwriters but because they don't add literally anything

it's like eating cheetos or something - looks good and might taste good to some people and it won't kill you but it has zero nutritional value and there's not a lot of joy in eating a lot of it for a long time

I see this as a strength! They let her talented voice in the spotlight without pushing themselves too much into the foreground. Their instrumentation is only an accompaniment or refinement, not dominating over everything, where the voice becomes arbitrary and interchangeable.

10 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I see this as a strength! They let her talented voice in the spotlight without pushing themselves too much into the foreground. Their instrumentation is only an accompaniment or refinement, not dominating over everything, where the voice becomes arbitrary and interchangeable.

the point of production is to make music more impactful than just the melodies and words? music w/o production that adds to the song is generally boring 

9 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

i can see what youre saying but the other user is right in saying its a weakness. the beauty of Paradise, UV, and HM is in the magnificent and atmospheric production along with her beautiful, emotional, passionate voice and intricate lyricism. most of the songs COCC and BB are boring and lana herself sounds bored. 

1 hour ago, Niko Dealergo said:

a lot of new people knew about WCE it seems. I don’t trust insiders who aren’t reputable who change their facts a lot. We already went from ‘single before summer’ to ‘single late spring/early summer’ so that alone raises some questions on my end. 

but I am always very distrusting of insiders who aren’t BOZ or Eclipse so no offense to any insiders reading this and fuming. :thumb2:

Yeah you are right. All this insider said was that the songs were boring which anyone could have said. They didn’t provide any specifics about the music. Plus people were claiming that WCE had a bridge which ended up being false, so some “insiders” are bad at describing her music as well. 

46 minutes ago, honey dew said:

i lived for lustforlife but they let us down 99% of the time

GET OUT FRIDA KILLOS

10 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i can see what youre saying but the other user is right in saying its a weakness. the beauty of Paradise, UV, and HM is in the magnificent and atmospheric production along with her beautiful, emotional, passionate voice and intricate lyricism. most of the songs COCC and BB are boring and lana herself sounds bored. 

there's several songs on NFR, COCC & BB that are excellent

they're just not really interesting in terms of the production they're interesting because they're well written songs

(beautiful is excluded from this narrative)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, avenue said:

GET OUT FRIDA KILLOS

there's several songs on NFR, COCC & BB that are excellent

they're just not really interesting in terms of the production they're interesting because they're well written songs

(beautiful is excluded from this narrative)

i refuse to believe lana wrote the line about picasso 

9 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

lana's falling asleep in the recording studio as we speak

:agree: apart from BTd i dont think any of her stuff was ever uptempo.

I'd take slow sad melodies over SUMMER BOOMER

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i refuse to believe lana wrote the line about picasso 

Spill tea on TS collab if u a true insider bestea 

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

:agree: apart from BTd i dont think any of her stuff was ever uptempo.

its not slow tempos… listen to her vocals from hm or uv (even nfr) compared to cocc or bb…. she is literally bored n sounds like shes singing against her will

57 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

ATRL is down for maintenance and BOZ hasn’t spilled anything Lana related since WCE/BR

hoping atrl opens up after they're done with the maintenance i wanna get in :xgiggle:

LB is still my #1... but interacting with actual insiders is definitely appealing

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

how dare you say such blasphemous things about summer godlier

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

its not slow tempos… listen to her vocals from hm or uv compared to cocc or bb…. she is literally bored n sounds like shes singing against her will

Not really. There are mixing issues. 

Her voice on Arcadia is gorgeous. It's just her tone has changed to a more rounded shape...

They're different records with different emotions. UV was emo af full anger obvs that reflected in her vocals. U dun want the same anger and fire in a song like Sweet Carolina which is supposed to be like an Angel's hug

2 minutes ago, avenue said:

how dare you say such blasphemous things about summer godlier

Dun be a boomer babe

I dont get how you can say "she sounds bored" when her vocal performances in the last 2 records have been STELLAR. 

White dress??dtwd, bbs, WFWF are just few examples. 

Like can you not feel the anxiety and despair in BB?? IM SCARED OF THE SANTA CLARITA FIRES AND I WISH THAT IT WOULD RAIN :krylie:

Just now, honey dew said:

please just a molecule of concrete information about what is going on in that studio rn

They don't have anything. 

They said WCE is similar to FIILY.

Imagine. :pls: