Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Wait, people didn’t like Water Color gods? It’s such a pretty song. It’s obvi not no Young & Beautiful. But it’s still a great soundtrack song imo.

15 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

didn’t drew produce the fjm album?

maybe jazzy lana:usrs:

Hide contents

he probably just did the piano

15 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

He has "additional production" credits and he also worked on the arrangements.

On top of co-producing BBS & IYLDWM and rearranging Thunder (which I know people seem to hate, but he made it fit the vibe of the album better, so he really did something interesting imho).

I'd say we won.

W34wPog.gif

5 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

an album full of beautifuls is coming

karma for the years of piano ballad whining I fear 

5 hours ago, avenue said:

apologize to violets for roses right now :true:

Hide contents

beautiful and watercolor eyes are kinda bad though i'll give you that point :bebe:

exactly idk why tf yall were celebrating violets for roses is half baked at best and honestly so boring

what i will not stand is a song that sounds like fucking beautiful that is the only ldr song i absolutely despise

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

1 hour ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Manifesting all the Drew songs get scrapped :coffee:

Would literally take anyone over another Drew Erikson album... even Mr. Antonoff

if i had a choice i would honestly rather not get another lana album than CHOOSE to get another album produced by either or both of them

but it's happening and i'll listen to it and force myself to enjoy it anyway :cuteface:

edit: btw the album probably won't even be bad i'm just saying if i had a choice (which i don't and never will)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

What about a Mike-Dean-produced synth album with hazy string arrangements by Erickson. Jack Antonoff and Dawes having writing credits. Everyone wins (I think?):true: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

come to think of it, it's not Drew, it's Lana herself

if she wants the whole LDR9 be a bunch of Beautifuls/Violet for Roses then it will be.

which i manifest that wont be the case.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Omg this made me excited for LDR9  again:oprah:

Rob played beautifully piano on SC , Drew Erickson could give us strings & brass moments & I'm curious what Jack will deliver. I hope he will give us guitars :true:

However I hope piano will be not the lead instrument on the upcoming album & more like a beautiful detail on the songs or in the background,I hope you know what I mean lol

I think they can cook up sth beautiful for us but we need some bangers & bridges again too:true:

Manifesting some harps & flutes too:gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

What about a Mike-Dean-produced synth album with hazy string arrangements by Erickson. Jack Antonoff and Dawes having writing credits. Everyone wins (I think?):true: 

I’m not sure anymore than everybody would win…  it’s tradition, on LB, to shit on the producer of the previous album. Emile and Dan didn’t get the treatment because they didn’t come back for the next one :lmao:

Drew was the producer on If You Lie Down With Me, which gave us that beautiful brass outro… I’m in!

by the way, lustforlife said she was working with Drew again… and which new “insider” said If we loved Buddy’s RV, we’d love LDR9? dragonwhore?

5 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

come to think of it, it's not Drew, it's Lana herself

if she wants the whole LDR9 be a bunch of Beautifuls/Violet for Roses then it will be.

which i manifest that wont be the case.

part of why i don't like jack or drew is not that they're bad producers or songwriters but because they don't add literally anything

it's like eating cheetos or something - looks good and might taste good to some people and it won't kill you but it has zero nutritional value and there's not a lot of joy in eating a lot of it for a long time

the reason why NFR, COCC & BB are good is because of lana's songs... and it's also why they're bad in places as well

versus AKA, BTD, ultraviolence & honeymoon where the production is immediately obvious and adds so much more to the already fleshed out songs

Edited by avenue
changed my analogy to what i was trying to say

27 minutes ago, avenue said:

part of why i don't like jack or drew is not that they're bad producers or songwriters but because they don't add literally anything

it's like eating cheetos or something - looks good and might taste good to some people and it won't kill you but it has zero nutritional value and there's not a lot of joy in eating a lot of it for a long time

the reason why NFR, COCC & BB are good is because of lana's songs... and it's also why they're bad in places as well

versus AKA, BTD, ultraviolence & honeymoon where the production is immediately obvious and adds so much more to the already fleshed out songs

This is like saying cheesecake doesn’t need a fruit topping because it’s already good as it is - no, actually cheesecake is good BECAUSE of its topping.

Lana would disagree with you, I believe. The songs in NFR and Chemtrails belong to their own individual universes because of intricate and complex production and not just because of Lana’s songwriting.

IMG-1607.jpg

8 hours ago, West Coast said:

On top of co-producing BBS & IYLDWM and rearranging Thunder (which I know people seem to hate, but he made it fit the vibe of the album better, so he really did something interesting imho).

I'd say we won.

W34wPog.gif

Owen Pallet did the string arrangement on Thunder. Don’t think Drew had anything to do with the production on Thunder or BBS(he does have songwriting credits though).  Zachary Dawes did work on both songs which is why I would like to see him back over both Jack and Drew. I know Lana ultimately makes the final decisions, but Zach hasn’t missed yet in my opinion. Thunder, Dealer, BBS, and California are all very interesting songs. 

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This is like saying cheesecake doesn’t need a fruit topping because it’s already good as it is - 

no, actually  cheesecake is good BECAUSE of its topping.

uh exactly? i’ve literally never liked fruit toppings on cheesecake it kinda ruins it for me :awkney: