Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

On this occasion I also recommend @Clampigirl's LDR9 Timeline Blog.

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m bored at work, so let’s recap what we know so far (feel free to correct me if I got some things wrong; I’ll edit the post):

confirmed: 

- Jack and Drew are involved on the album.  @lustforlife had confirmed Drew’s participation on it a couple of days before she posted about him « charting ». 
- she wore that DNC jacket with the logo of a wave back in December. That jacket is custom and could resurface in future merch according to the guy running LDR village. She called the next album « better than BB » according to a fan she met that day. A few days ago, she said to another fan that she was « excited » for the project she was working on. 
- Rob hinted at the album a couple of times. We know he will play piano on it, and called the project « epic ». He also said that there were beautiful songs about San Francisco on it. 

To be confirmed / could be false:

- a magazine cover was hinted by Lana herself a couple weeks ago in a HM post. Leakingmusic on Twitter also said that a magazine cover was in the works (could simply be the same conclusion we drew based on her post).

- what is Rick’s involvement on the album? Based on the fact that all of her projects had a bit or a lot of Rick (even BB, with his involvement on Cherry Blossom), it should have at least a bit of his genius on it (he commented in some DMs with a fan, about future projects with her, with a couple of emojis - even if it looked like my father discovering the emojis on his iPhone :gasp:)

- our own departed  @lustforlife said that there was not only piano on it, that if we loved Buddy’s Rendezvous, we’d love the direction of LDR9. He also hinted at some touring, if not a world tour (when she posted a selfie with that Irish singer). He also said that Lana and Mike were on « different vibes »since January. 
- @DragonWhore’s claims: beachy, a bit lazy, with some trippy elements and some looming « menace », like the pot growers in NoCal. The album was pushed ahead and Del Norte County (I guess it’s the name of the lead single) would be out in July. The album wasn’t supposed to be out before at least six months, but plans changed. @fl0r1dakil0s called him a liar multiple times and called the new songs « boring ».

- a couple of unreleased tracks seem to have circulated in small circles and we’re hinted at on Twitter, around the time BoZ hinted at WCE. According to Honeymoon on Insta: there were three other tracks summited to Euphoria but only WCE was picked up. It would make sense that these tracks would be the leftovers from Euphoria and they maybe could be part of LDR9 (especially if Drew had a hand in those or even Jack, if LYTAN was part of the lot). 

- cryptic Insta stories from her « entourage »: « Lana » could have been heard singing near a pool in a famous hotel in SF (I don’t remember who posted that one; was a MV already filmed??); there was also Neil Krug’s story last week that could maybe be about Lana but unlikely. 

Nicely done! Thank you. 

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m bored at work, so let’s recap what we know so far (feel free to correct me if I got some things wrong; I’ll edit the post):

confirmed: 

- Jack and Drew are involved on the album.  @lustforlife had confirmed Drew’s participation on it a couple of days before she posted about him « charting ». 
- she wore that DNC jacket with the logo of a wave back in December. That jacket is custom and could resurface in future merch according to the guy running LDR village. She called the next album « better than BB » according to a fan she met that day. A few days ago, she said to another fan that she was « excited » for the project she was working on. 
- Rob hinted at the album a couple of times. We know he will play piano on it, and called the project « epic ». He also said that there were beautiful songs about San Francisco on it. 

To be confirmed / could be false:

- a magazine cover was hinted by Lana herself a couple weeks ago in a HM post. Leakingmusic on Twitter also said that a magazine cover was in the works (could simply be the same conclusion we drew based on her post).

- what is Rick’s involvement on the album? Based on the fact that all of her projects had a bit or a lot of Rick (even BB, with his involvement on Cherry Blossom), it should have at least a bit of his genius on it (he commented in some DMs with a fan, about future projects with her, with a couple of emojis - even if it looked like my father discovering the emojis on his iPhone :gasp:)

- our own departed  @lustforlife said that there was not only piano on it, that if we loved Buddy’s Rendezvous, we’d love the direction of LDR9. He also hinted at some touring, if not a world tour (when she posted a selfie with that Irish singer). He also said that Lana and Mike were on « different vibes »since January. 
- @DragonWhore’s claims: beachy, a bit lazy, with some trippy elements and some looming « menace », like the pot growers in NoCal. The album was pushed ahead and Del Norte County (I guess it’s the name of the lead single) would be out in July. The album wasn’t supposed to be out before at least six months, but plans changed. @fl0r1dakil0s called him a liar multiple times and called the new songs « boring ».

- a couple of unreleased tracks seem to have circulated in small circles and we’re hinted at on Twitter, around the time BoZ hinted at WCE. According to Honeymoon on Insta: there were three other tracks summited to Euphoria but only WCE was picked up. It would make sense that these tracks would be the leftovers from Euphoria and they maybe could be part of LDR9 (especially if Drew had a hand in those or even Jack, if LYTAN was part of the lot). 

- cryptic Insta stories from her « entourage »: « Lana » could have been heard singing near a pool in a famous hotel in SF (I don’t remember who posted that one; was a MV already filmed??); there was also Neil Krug’s story last week that could maybe be about Lana but unlikely. 

You always come and save the day hun

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

I’ve been lurking on Lana’s April Instagram posts to see if there’s anything to indicate her headspace when recording that Jack song that will likely end up on LDR9

imagine if “Peach Fuzz” or “if you want a little more…chill a little more” are titles/lyrics. Iconic:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:46 AM, Venice Peach said:

When she delays the album to write and record Salvatore part 2, 3, 4 and 5 :creepna:

I get what people are saying that they want this record to not come for a while so she can experience more things that inspire her to write about but (as someone already said) she's always writing (I'm sure she has A LOT of voice memos of melodies and lines that came to her head at random times) so if these trips to Italy and NY (and the Bahamas :hide:) are inspiring her we'll get the songs eventually, maybe for LDR11.

I think Ben (or was it Jack?) said that she always has the next record in mind while working on the current one.

I'm so excited for the next era, we know nothing but I have a feeling it's going to be big (or maybe it's just the collective delusion of LB entering my brain :thumb3:

no you’re like absolutely right… there’s something super super big around the corner. this era feels similar to norman where lana was everywhere in the media. many people who used to hate lana, that i know of, acknowledge her impact in the industry and recognize her as one of the greats for the alt genre. if lana were to drop an album right now she would go #1 easily. dealer, watercolor eyes, brooklyn baby, and the mass success on tiktok is very helpful. i have butterflies and goosebumps about what we’re in for.

giphy.gif

lana cannot be having this much fun n absolutely serving the way she has been if she didnt have a masterpiece of an album in her back pocket rn :thirst: i NEED it

I still don't think it's going to come out this year. Hopefully she wants to give everyone a breather before she destroys us all again :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 hours ago, Thunder said:

I still don't think it's going to come out this year. Hopefully she wants to give everyone a breather before she destroys us all again :oprah3:

With her, who knows? The last two albums were very reflexive on her career and her past; maybe she wants to jump into a more « regular » era? She has gain a bit of momentum this year, with TikTok, some tracks going viral and a growing number of listeners: maybe Interscope will want to beat the iron while it’s hot and release something a bit more upbeat? Speaking of Interscope, I don’t know where they stand with the whole « let’s release physical copies same week as release day », with the vinyl supply chain on its head, incapable to meet demand (BB would probably have been number 2 or 3 on release week if all the physical copies had been ready on time). Maybe she could release the album digitally first if there are enough bops on it? (It’s a reach, I know…)

6 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

manifesting a sonic combination of terrence loves you, the greatest, pretty when you cry, venice bitch, and UFB :pray: simmering, sensual slow burns w rapturous bursts :pray: + the requisite post-credits florida kilos type OFC :true:

oh my god YES :trisha:

So... is this thread going to get bumped to pre-pre release now that she confirmed the album is coming or we need a title for that? I don't know the logistics of it :um2: (this thread is basically a pre pre release anyway tho :oic3:)

Edited by Venice Peach
Nevermind lol

giphy.gif

The time has come…

LDR9 Pre-Pre-Release Thread

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS