Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

why not

don’t get me wrong nfr and cocc are great albums, i just think lana should try something new

4 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

Yes. An Antonoff/Dean "bombastic" album would be heaven.

now a dean “bombastic” album does sound fantastic

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, revadece said:

i feel like lana already has the concept for LDR9 and it is going to be this (as everyone here assumes) “bombastic” scrapped side of cotcc/nfr. it seems like everything is adding up - not long time ago she added a picture of jack, and on the variety awards she revealed that her next album is going to be better than cotcc/blue banisters - knowing that before the release of norman lana knew it is some of her best work, i think she’s not wrong about LDR9 now. another sign could be wearing nfr inspired jacket on the red carpet, she might suggest us that something as big as that record is coming again. and going back to the part about lana working with jack - maybe they’re recording or reworking some songs to make them fit lana’s vision of the record better? i don’t know, but i’m really excited for whatever is coming

I agree, I think she’s getting ready for another big release. One with a lot of promo and singles maybe. I think it’s going to become a career-defining album for Lana. One as well-known as BTD or NFR. I think we will hear a style from Lana we haven’t heard in a long time or something completely new. Jack is a very talented producer in my unpopular opinion, and I believe that him and Lana always create magic together. 

Also, welcome to LanaBoard! I noticed you are new here :welcome:

giphy.gif 

I wouldn't be mad at all if Jack has a part in this project. COCC has grown exponentially on me in the second half of this year and NFR is fantastic :true:

That being said, I would love to hear more work with Mike and Zach as well 

And of course daddy Rick :icant:

24 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Also, welcome to LanaBoard! I noticed you are new here :welcome:

thank you! i joined recently and i was a bit scared to say anything at first but everything is really nice and i’m excited to be here

13 minutes ago, revadece said:

thank you! i joined recently and i was a bit scared to say anything at first but everything is really nice and i’m excited to be here

Welcome to LB baby xx

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

16 minutes ago, revadece said:

welcome! i joined 5 years ago and didn’t say anything until the pandemic and i definitely don’t regret joining the conversation. glad to have you here!

33 minutes ago, revadece said:

Welcome to LanaBoards :party:

13 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

other influences

this is the only reason why i'm scared for another jack album because i DO want other influences but i mean if we get a jack album with the "bombastic" sound and other influences i'll be elated

another thing i'm taking as evidence lana is going more "bomb" this time around is her talking abt having a migos collab + iirc kali uchis said lana hit her up some time ago looking for a collab too lol might be smth for the covers album Or a poppier original track 

20 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

this is the only reason why i'm scared for another jack album because i DO want other influences but i mean if we get a jack album with the "bombastic" sound and other influences i'll be elated

i knowwwww, a solely jack and lana album feels like ft. jack which isn't necessarily bad at all but sometimes annoying lol

mUENGN9.png

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

She better put the final form of Every Man Gets His Wish/Hawaiian Tropic/On Our Way/Spin Me Round/etc on LDR9.

So many good parts in those songs and it would be a shame if they never end up officially released :crying4:

or sample one of those in a nostalgic hazy psychedelic 5 min long bridge :rollin:

mUENGN9.png

3 hours ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

I WENT DOWN TO WOODSIDE S6MSZV.gif vibes manifesting 

This would be heaven. Sometimes I actually cry because that bridge sounds so good. If we got that an entire song or god forbid the majority of an album I think I’d die. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

I personally do not like the recent trend of artists working with only 1 producer on a whole album, but I am nowhere near mad at another Jack-featured album. I know some people were disappointed with the COCC production, but I feel like Lana wanted the album to be more lowkey and not as intense sonically as NFR, not Jack. It is a nice contrast and follow up. Producers do not have full control over how a song sounds, the artist tells them the vibe and they do what they feel fits or they work together. I'm sure if Lana asked for another NFR, he would have given her one. Or if Lorde asked for another Melodrama, he would've given her one :true:

giphy.gif