Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Two thoughts on this Monday morning: 

1- could DNC mean Desert and Country? The waves being associated with the country part of the land… 

2- Loved You Then and Now having a more « bombastic sound » is not that much of a reach, if you consider it was track 8 on the early COCC tracklist. When that song got removed, she tentatively put Dealer in its place to « shake things up » on the album, which makes me think that LYTAN was the first choice to have the « second part » of this album and that it has a different sound from both Norman and Chemtrails. 

Oh and another thought: 

maybe LDR9 is an album made of three « EPs »: some covers, some country songs and some « bangers » to « ease up » the Country part and make this album still « accessible »?!? 🤔

36 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

2 - Loved You Then and Now having a more « bombastic sound » is not that much of a reach, if you consider it was track 8 on the early COCC tracklist. When that song got removed, she tentatively put Dealer in its place to « shake things up » on the album, which makes me think that LYTAN was the first choice to have the « second part » of this album and that it has a different sound from both Norman and Chemtrails. 

yeah, not to mention it has the lyric 'rock candy sweet' pointing towards more mid-tempo summery energy

15 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

yeah, not to mention it has the lyric 'rock candy sweet' pointing towards more mid-tempo summery energy

Maybe LYTAN is La Who Am I reworked.

She talks about her exboyfriend and says she loved him then and now :brows:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Future Jazz said:

We wish, however expressions used in lyrics are not always a sign that a song is a tweark anthem:

LMLYLAW - Pink Champagne/Want U To Cum

Breaking Up Slowly - Arrested On The Lawn

Honeymoon - Between My Tights

Video Games - Undressed/Bad Girls

58 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe LYTAN is La Who Am I reworked.

She talks about her exboyfriend and says she loved him then and now :brows:

my ex-boyfriend, if this happens then we've hit the bottom, you were rock candy sweet so i loved you then MUSIC MAFIA EXCLUSIVE and now :ma:

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Two thoughts on this Monday morning: 

1- could DNC mean Desert and Country? The waves being associated with the country part of the land… 

2- Loved You Then and Now having a more « bombastic sound » is not that much of a reach, if you consider it was track 8 on the early COCC tracklist. When that song got removed, she tentatively put Dealer in its place to « shake things up » on the album, which makes me think that LYTAN was the first choice to have the « second part » of this album and that it has a different sound from both Norman and Chemtrails. 

what about desert and coastal or something like that?

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Desert night club or desert night crawlers

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Oh and another thought: 

maybe LDR9 is an album made of three « EPs »: some covers, some country songs and some « bangers » to « ease up » the Country part and make this album still « accessible »?!? 🤔

A LFL sized mess :awkney2:

Lanarat.png

I'd be here for a glam-country aesthetic for LDR9. Like a 70s Dolly Parton type of vibe

imageproxy.jpg

35 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Manifesting another song with Tim Larcombe (Off to the Races, Gods and Monsters, Cherry, I Talk to Jesus) :pray2:

YES!!!! now imagine Mike Dean worked on these songs in addition to him :lange: 

UbsOye5.png

i feel like lana already has the concept for LDR9 and it is going to be this (as everyone here assumes) “bombastic” scrapped side of cotcc/nfr. it seems like everything is adding up - not long time ago she added a picture of jack, and on the variety awards she revealed that her next album is going to be better than cotcc/blue banisters - knowing that before the release of norman lana knew it is some of her best work, i think she’s not wrong about LDR9 now. another sign could be wearing nfr inspired jacket on the red carpet, she might suggest us that something as big as that record is coming again. and going back to the part about lana working with jack - maybe they’re recording or reworking some songs to make them fit lana’s vision of the record better? i don’t know, but i’m really excited for whatever is coming

1 hour ago, revadece said:

i feel like lana already has the concept for LDR9 and it is going to be this (as everyone here assumes) “bombastic” scrapped side of cotcc/nfr. it seems like everything is adding up - not long time ago she added a picture of jack, and on the variety awards she revealed that her next album is going to be better than cotcc/blue banisters - knowing that before the release of norman lana knew it is some of her best work, i think she’s not wrong about LDR9 now. another sign could be wearing nfr inspired jacket on the red carpet, she might suggest us that something as big as that record is coming again. and going back to the part about lana working with jack - maybe they’re recording or reworking some songs to make them fit lana’s vision of the record better? i don’t know, but i’m really excited for whatever is coming

If she is indeed using new material + some work with Jack from 2019 this album could be coming sooner than we think :bodyisready:

giphy.gif