Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Manifesting a Honeymoon and early LFL lovechild for the next album. Full jazz with some synthy, soft pop elements. Some classic rock elements thrown in could be cool too. It'll be fun to see what Lana does next, seeing her hinting at things that are part of the project (DNC jacket) makes it so much fun to look forward to. I love it when Lana's vocal and excited about the work she's putting out, it makes everything so much better 

imageproxy.jpg

If she's working with Jack again I think it's worth discussing the possibility that this album will be titled Rock Candy Sweet :popcorn:

I think it's pretty safe to assume LYTAN will be used by her at SOME point, and also RCS as a title would fit an album full of songs with bombastic production so he says 

35 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

If she's working with Jack again I think it's worth discussing the possibility that this album will be titled Rock Candy Sweet :popcorn:

I think it's pretty safe to assume LYTAN will be used by her at SOME point, and also RCS as a title would fit an album full of songs with bombastic production so he says 

Hope we get a 50% Jack and 50% zach and all those secret songs of the band that she made with miles

Lust For Dead   large.gif

When it comes to Jack, I keep in mind that he's made some spectacular songs with Lana. As long as whatever they do next is the vein of those songs, I'm down :true:

imageproxy.jpg

Pls that man doesnt have a bombastic bone in his body. Jack probably considers cinnamon girl “”bombastic””” :tanisha:

We want Mike Dean NOW!!!!!! 

UbsOye5.png

Well lana went into jack thinking they were gonna make pop sounding things since he was known for his upbeat sound, and then got surprised when he got on the piano instead, so I’m sure they experimented a bit with that bombastic melodrama-y side

29 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

Well lana went into jack thinking they were gonna make pop sounding things since he was known for his upbeat sound, and then got surprised when he got on the piano instead, so I’m sure they experimented a bit with that bombastic melodrama-y side

exactly what i thought!! even if jack has been more lowkey on later projects he does know what a bomb pop song sounds like and probably means that booming synth he had going on around melodrama and masseduction

33 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Call me dumb but I honestly don't know what bombastic means in music terms :bebe: I thought it was a negative thing like try hard fake-deep or something. Does it just mean over the top? :toofunny:

Bombastic typically has a negative connotation, but I don’t think Jack meant it that way. 

He uses the subtleness/quietness of Chemtrails to contrast these “other” songs just before this, so I think he just meant they’re more lively and unrestrained!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

POV: Lana surprise releases her Western trap spoken word record Rock Candy Sweet, opening it with “Sylvia…”

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath