Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I’m not really sure what my hopes are for this record. I’d love to see something different—I mean, I’m not expecting a full 180 (like the transition from BTD to Ultraviolence), but I would think it’s cool to see something like the segue of Honeymoon to LFL. 

I think she’s in a place stylistically that really suits her: more singer-songwriter and toned down, but there’s certainly a ton of variety within that subset of music!

Other than that, I think I’d be cool with whatever! (Actually I think I’d enjoy a Mike Dean feature, too…just to see:oopna:.)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

52 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

hear me out- black bathing suit remix ft. the neighborhood on LDR9 bc why not

And Cardi B with Megan remix.

Imagine lyrics like: "All thick bitches in black bathing suits run the word like Beyonce"

"We just wanna high by the beach and be young and in love":bop:

LDR9 aka Del Norte County or Death Never Came will be her Fetch the Bolt Cutters serve. Get ready for Tex and Mex barking, pots and pans banging, and some maniacal laughter from Rob, Charlie and Chuck throughout.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

My brain hurts, I'm like "that's on the og MV" but at the same time I don't remember those hand gestures :wtf3:

i just rewatched the mv, it's not on there

Just now, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i just rewatched the mv, it's not on there

it's an alternate scene/frame that we didn't get to see on the movie, but where did this came from thats the real question:raven:

original.gif

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

My brain hurts, I'm like "that's on the og MV" but at the same time I don't remember those hand gestures :wtf3:

It's not in mv. We have scenes Lana walking in corridor. But from are the alternative scenes, I don’t know.

Ok I think this is a reach but I think it's worth discussing (even if it's just for fun).

Katy Perry has a collab coming soon with Alesso (a DJ) and someone on ATLR said that she has another "polar opposite" collab coming after that. Could that be our "cute February collab"? :thumb3:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, venicebitx said:

it's an alternate scene/frame that we didn't get to see on the movie, but where did this came from thats the real question:raven:

it’s from vh1, i remember seeing it on tv at times so my best guess would be they had a less "explicit" version without the throat cutting gesture to show on tv 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

it’s from vh1, i remember seeing it on tv at times so my best guess would be they had a less "explicit" version without the throat cutting gesture to show on tv 

thankkkkk youuuuu also less explicit, literally the song it's called born to die hshshshshhs:omfg2:

original.gif

38 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Ok I think this is a reach but I think it's worth discussing (even if it's just for fun).

Katy Perry has a collab coming soon with Alesso (a DJ) and someone on ATLR said that she has another "polar opposite" collab coming after that. Could that be our "cute February collab"? :thumb3:

This would be an extremely strange collaboration but you never know 

All I can think about is when someone recorded a video on the set of the COCC music video with Lanas friends shit talking Katy's new album in the background :icant:

1 hour ago, regattasinthewind said:

This would be an extremely strange collaboration but you never know 

All I can think about is when someone recorded a video on the set of the COCC music video with Lanas friends shit talking Katy's new album in the background :icant:

WHAT WHERE IS THIS VIDEO

33 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

WHAT WHERE IS THIS VIDEO

I can't find it anywhere on Twitter but it was a video of someone filming the Chemtrails MV set and in the background you hear Lana or one of her friends going "Terrible...Katy Perry record"  :air2: