Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

The fact that she knows about the effect she has on us and goes and does something so cryptic……

Hope it’s new music

hope it’s soon

I wonder how much is already done and thought out about the new album. We know she has some songs (and she recently acknowledged the album as a whole, meaning she has a good chunk already written or even recorded) but we know how Lana likes to tease things even if they are still far so who knows :wtf3:

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder how much is already done and thought out about the new album. We know she has some songs (and she recently acknowledged the album as a whole, meaning she has a good chunk already written or even recorded) but we know how Lana likes to tease things even if they are still far so who knows :wtf3:

I wish we knew the idea that her management said she’s wanted to do for years..

If it’s a surprise drop, there’s really no telling how far she’s gotten, especially with her wishes for privacy in her work! If I remember correctly, Lana mentioned COVID restrictions affecting COCC, so I figure she’s probably more inclined to be in the studio with restrictions being lifted or lessened in many places. 

I almost find it hard to believe she’d only work with Mike Dean once (especially with his “future work” comment), but I dunno. I feel that it’s more than possible they could’ve worked on LDR9 without us knowing. Hm..

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If it’s a surprise drop, there’s really no telling how far she’s gotten, especially with her wishes for privacy in her work! If I remember correctly, Lana mentioned COVID restrictions affecting COCC, so I figure she’s probably more inclined to be in the studio with restrictions being lifted or lessened in many places. 

I almost find it hard to believe she’d only work with Mike Dean once (especially with his “future work” comment), but I dunno. I feel that it’s more than possible they could’ve worked on LDR9 without us knowing. Hm..

lanaboards speculating if lana & mike dean have worked together besides wfwf when in reality they've already recorded 100+ songs :tommy: 

WGe8ynS.gif

12 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lanaboards speculating if lana & mike dean have worked together besides wfwf when in reality they've already recorded 100+ songs :tommy: 

It's 2030, Lana just released her 18th album and Yes To Heaven (Mike Dean demo) finally leaks :dmd:

giphy.gif

Lana and Mike have definitely worked on more songs. WFWF's production alone deserves a Grammy. If the theories are true and he's the main producer on LDR9, I truly believe she is right in saying it will be better than Blue Banisters :defeated:

giphy.gif 

1 hour ago, Gravitate said:

Lana and Mike have definitely worked on more songs. WFWF's production alone deserves a Grammy. If the theories are true and he's the main producer on LDR9, I truly believe she is right in saying it will be better than Blue Banisters :defeated:

Agreed! If he really is the main producer, I’m so interested to see what the record will sound like! I doubt she’d reach out to Mike Dean for a record with sparse production absent of synths—he’s literally called the “synth goat.” 

Don’t get me wrong: I’m sure we’ll see some WFWF-esque tracks, but I’m anticipating something very different than BB and COCC if she follows through with him. 

I’d love to hear Lana’s take on the first minute of this track. It gets a bit too techno(?) for my tastes after 1:30, but I find the first bit really cool! I’d love trippy stream of consciousness & synth siren vibes for LDR9

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:08 PM, Hydroponic Weeds said:

It was this photo 

m_5a7584f95521be54d70144c4.jpeg

the things i'd do for lana to recreate this photo :oprah:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

9 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2GtiyX4.jpg

this could mean nothing, but Mike Dean liked this tweet..

tbf he likes anything/anyone who tags him. he liked me saying he deserves to get his dick sucked once :gasp:

8 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

My main question, at the moment, is if DNC has something to do with the covers and country album (although, with its wave design, I don’t think it does). Watch her pull another double release in 2022… if not triple, if the audiobook is still happening that year. 

7 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I think that special project is the cover album… Why do I think that it was confirmed though? It’s getting harder and harder to figure out what anyone means around her these days lol

16 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

This gives me the idea of Definitely No Culture (or at least C stands for Culture)

Doesn't have to be a song or an album, it can just be a rebellious secret that she alone knows.

Random words I associate with Lana for the DNC thing:

D: Diamonds, Dont, Demos, Do, Deadly, Death, Daytona, Daddy, Dynasty, Del, Delicious.

N: Idk cause it depends on D and C. Maybe Not or Never. 

C: Covers, Country, Crack (double meaning), Culture, Cocaine, Cum, Came, Club, County, California, Chemtrails.

Maybe we can do a collective list and then use AI to get all the combinations :thumb3:

giphy.gif

Manifesting another 6, 7 or 8 minutes long song on LDR 9:pray2:

Also manifesting DNC to be a 6 minute long masterpiece with alot of E- Guitar, pyschedelic influences & some screaming parts :pray2: 

Spoiler

Venice Bitch  West Coast  BBS outro  SOC bridge  Dealer vibes :pray2::pray:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

39 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Random words I associate with Lana for the DNC thing:

D: Diamonds, Dont, Demos, Do, Deadly, Death, Daytona, Daddy, Dynasty, Del, Delicious.

N: Idk cause it depends on D and C. Maybe Not or Never. 

C: Covers, Country, Crack (double meaning), Culture, Cocaine, Cum, Came, Club, County, California, Chemtrails.

Maybe we can do a collective list and then use AI to get all the combinations :thumb3:

these combos won't make much sense lol and i'm so convinced it's diamonds never crack but adding to this bc it's fun :true:

D: dew, day/daytime/daylong, dad, diet, dizzy, dummy, denim, disco, daddy, daphne, devoted, downtown

N: noir, notorious, normal/normality, noon, nectar, nocturnal, narcotic, nebula/nebulous, nausea, native, nobody, nation, nightgown, netizen, nightcap, nineteen, narcissus, night/nightlife, nightmare, nite, niece

C: classics, crystals, cinema, cove, coke/cola, coast, cherry, canyon, cash, city, candy, casette(girl)

mUENGN9.png