Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

there goes my hype, damn ma is 2 fully produced albums not enough, dear lord

i feel like, he's going to be the MAIN producer but maybe we'll have some special guest, someone like the producer of bb's title track and textbook but not necessarily him. I just think that she will bring someone that no one would know that would be part of the project AND jack

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

hope she belts more

YESSSS but i think she need to go back with using auto-tune i love the raw vocals and it works for some songs that are AMAZING, although some would be far more beautiful if they were polished.... (sweet carolina and beautiful tease)

3 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

YESSSS but i think she need to go back with using auto-tune i love the raw vocals and it works for some songs that are AMAZING, although some would be far more beautiful if they were polished.... (sweet carolina and beautiful tease)

i don't know how to feel about this :xgiggle:

like i mean you're right but i don't want it to be right no offense :hillary:

Edited by The Ocean
changed wording a little bit because it originally came off a bit harsh

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

YESSSS but i think she need to go back with using auto-tune

While I love her raw vocals, I think using autotune as a stylistic choice can be really cool

I know it’s controversial, but I LOVED Tulsa Jesus Freak’s autotune—a lot of Jack’s work utilized a similar effect with the instruments (like the electronic bit in Venice Bitch), and it was neat seeing him use Lana’s voice for it instead!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

she should put afraid on this album, her best pre born to die unreleased song!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

While I love her raw vocals, I think using autotune as a stylistic choice can be really cool

I know it’s controversial, but I LOVED Tulsa Jesus Freak’s autotune—a lot of Jack’s work utilized a similar effect with the instruments (like the electronic bit in Venice Bitch), and it was neat seeing him use Lana’s voice for it instead!

yes!! i think she really likes autotune as she's used it several times throughout her discography but it tends to be to ironic effect, which makes me love it even more

mUENGN9.png

I don't mind the messiness of the vocals or the lyrics, I just want a richer production, whether it's a ballad or a upbeat bop, enough of the stripped back bs! 

Take Black Bathing Suit for example, it's personal and raw but the production (while messy) is really interesting, something that most Chemtrails and Banisters lacked :um2: 

She can send a message with a rich production too. She can be vulnerable while having an orchestra or even something other than a faint piano in the background... :eartha2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

i get it what you're trying to say, but in this specific case its not an auto-tune! It's a melotron and, you're right it's amazing!! the EXCESS of auto-tune It's commonly used by rappers, that reminds the mellotron but it's a different process and effect. 

13 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

she need to go back with using auto-tune

i get what you mean but they don't actually use auto-tune they just pitch the vocals or fix minor mistakes. but yeah blue banister's vocals were unpolished and one take because it's what the record needs, but if she's going to lean into a pop sound then she better make the vocals sound perfect. people complain about jack but he forced her to do MULTIPLE takes of a song to get the perfect vocals when necessary

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

i get what you mean but they don't actually use auto-tune they just pitch the vocals or fix minor mistakes. but yeah blue banister's vocals were unpolished and one take because it's what the record needs, but if she's going to lean into a pop sound then she better make the vocals sound perfect. people complain about jack but he forced her to do MULTIPLE takes of a song to get the perfect vocals when necessary

yea, like, the plugin IS an auto-tune but its not used like that by the producers but yea, the minor mistakes

She's probably going to release her "favorite" song first and it's going to be a piano ballad so people will lose their minds. Then she’s releasing the song BOZ teased, an upbeat track with an amazing MV featuring the DNC jacked 

You heard (read) it here first :brows:

giphy.gif

I wouldn't mind having Jack back for a few songs. Norman is one of my favorites, and Chemtrails is actually good too! Yeah, some of their songs together ain't it, but let's be honest... y'all complained about Emile and Rick too! Y'all trashed some of the Born to Die and Lust for Life songs, like with every producer Lana has ever worked with :air:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

8 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i get it what you're trying to say, but in this specific case its not an auto-tune! It's a melotron and, you're right it's amazing!! the EXCESS of auto-tune It's commonly used by rappers, that reminds the mellotron but it's a different process and effect. 

Wait, was TJF the mellotron autotune or Venice Bitch? Either way, that’s so interesting! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i guess we will just have to live with it

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

not everyone can be as good as rick nowels, we don't live in a perfect world 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Wait, was TJF the mellotron autotune or Venice Bitch? Either way, that’s so interesting! 

TJF was mellotron and i searched rn and apparently, venice bitch is autotune!

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

TJF was mellotron and i searched rn and apparently, venice bitch is autotune!

that’s so neat! I really would have assumed the sound at the end of TJF was just a vocal effect, but him using a mellotron to mimic it is honestly really impressive!

Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

that’s so neat! I really would have assumed the sound at the end of TJF was just a vocal effect, but him using a mellotron to mimic it is honestly really impressive!

i can't imagine lana doing this at studio for tulsa lol 

1 minute ago, The Ocean said:

ok i take back my reservations about autotune :true:

auto tune is everything, i believe in auto-tune supremacy