The Siren

The Books You Own But Have Not Read Yet Thread

lets discuss the physical books we have owned for some time but have yet to pick it up and read them :nails:

inspired by @plastiscguy :nails:

Edited by The Siren

Besides Red White and Royal Blue, I also have the first three books of Pretty Little Liars (I bought them used in terrible conditions, so I'm scared to read them) and the 13th Reasons Why one :eartha: 

I really wanna read them, but every time I try, I get distracted or can't be arsed. I find reading PDFs more comfortable for my sight, for some reason :agree:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

Besides Red White and Royal Blue, I also have the first three books of Pretty Little Liars (I bought them used in terrible conditions, so I'm scared to read them) and the 13th Reasons Why one :eartha: 

I really wanna read them, but every time I try, I get distracted or can't be arsed. I find reading PDFs more comfortable for my sight, for some reason :agree:

since when did 13RW have novels?? :eartha:  

Crossroads Jonathan Franzen. It’s just too daunting. 500+ pages. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

The Complete Works of Shakespeare in Four Volumes (impulse buy)

One Thousand and One Nights

an older travel guide about Brittany (I was never there)

The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens

In Praise of Folly by Erasmus of Rotterdam

Horror Stories by Edgar Allan Poe

we do NOT talk about my collection bc i'd estimate a good 75-80% is stuff i haven't read yet :toofunny: most egregious tho is the copy of the shadow of the wind that i bought ($1 at the library book sale can't be argued with) bc i was tired of taking it out of the library...haven't touched it since

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

all of them :bebe:

i have a hard time focusing on books

me literally and i feel bad with it

when i was younger i could read 200 pages in a day and now i struggle with not losing focus for 3 pages :toofunny: i have a whole pile of books on my desk, most of them i've never opened (except for poetry) even though i bought/got them for a reason

i really like audiobooks tho, i realised that when i focus my eyesight on something (e.g. while gaming) and i play an audiobook in the background i tend to remember much more with all the details than when i'm sitting quietly with a book in my hands, i get easily distracted when each page looks exactly the same

I have literally not read over 99% of the books I have, as i've only read 1 and I have probably about 150 :toofunny::wave:

I only actually ever read 2 books my whole life, 1 in school called Farenheit 451 as I had to do an essay about it for the exam and the first hunger games book. I want to read them and kind of plan to do it but I never do it, in school when we had to take library books to do book reports I never done a single one. I always took the punishment or detention.

I've got a pile of books that have been patiently waiting for my attention too. One of them is "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. It's been sitting on my shelf, whispering promises of mystery and intrigue, but somehow, I keep getting distracted by other reads.
Also, I recently decided to embark on a journey through the wizarding world once again by re-reading. There's something so comforting about returning to Hogwarts and immersing myself in the magical adventures of Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:07 PM, EthanJames said:

Also, I recently decided to embark on a journey through the wizarding world once again by re-reading. There's something so comforting about returning to Hogwarts and immersing myself in the magical adventures of Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

I don't even remember the last time I reread harry potter but I remember liking it when I was a child, and then like people starting hating on jk rowling and that really ruined it for me lol. Unfortunately I don't remember a single thing so when I watched the deathly hollows part 2 I was confused as heck. I wish I still loved harry potter as I did when I was a child but I can't bring myself to read it again

I have a collection of jane austen stuff, I started emma and I just forgot about it

Not exactly own, but I have a copy of Orlando by virginia woolf from the library that I renewed like 20 times that I never seem to finish. I feel bad for whoever needs this book and can't find it at the library

I also have the shadow and bone trilogy and unfortunately, I put it on my shelf in the wrong order and tbh it was kinda boring, hard to follow, not the genre i usually read, so I skimmed through it and only finished 2 books. Recently I found out that I read the first and third book and skipped the 2nd because I put it in the wrong order on my shelf 🤦

when i was like 8 there was a book fair at my elementary school and i bought a hunger games bundle of 3 books and i haven’t read them since.. i don’t know where they are either and now i kinda want to… my grandma also gave me these like philosophy almost books that i kind of read but i haven’t read them since january

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind