Venice Peach

Common Lana misconceptions

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

@Super Movie can you post your "the man i love" edit if you don't mind :lolliney:

I'll have to track it down first because I've lost it amongst files, but once I do that I'll post it in a little thread :really: Just a fair warning though that it's not perfect because I made it in like 2019 and had like no knowledge of audio editing lol

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

That Lana is depressed. Melancholic? Sure. Depressed? No. 

she might have been at one point, but she doesnt seem to have it at this point. but also we never know unless she tells us its one or another.

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

here’s one, that the lizzy grant era is “problematic” :gtfo:

I was typing something similar to this lol. It's so weird when people act as if liking Lizzy Grant content is in someway taboo. They always cite dark lyrics and her living in a trailer park as proof of her being at her "lowest" or whatever. As if the topics she wrote about got any lighter later in her career. 

Don’t make me get dark on you, baby

I’ll go dark… 
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

27 minutes ago, the ocean said:

that is one of the stupidest misconceptions i think i've heard :true:

The straws grasping of it all

Just now, Betty Blue said:

I was typing something similar to this lol. It's so weird when people act as if liking Lizzy Grant content is in someway taboo. They always cite dark lyrics and her living in a trailer park as proof of her being at her "lowest" or whatever. As if the topics she wrote about got any lighter later in her career. 

honestly when people act like her life in the trailer park was super traumatic, involving drugs, prostitution, etc. it… seems a bit classist :bebe: especially since lana’s referenced & mentioned her time at the trailer park occasionally throughout her mainstream career & she always did so with sentiment, i mean, she even included a clip of the trailer park interview for the teaser for the white dress music video, if she was so traumatized, she wouldn’t mention it, i feel like these fans are either not aware that lana’s okay with this period of her life, or they just want to assume the truth when there’s no evidence for it, it’s really annoying & nobody should be considered ignorant or problematic for liking that era :facepalm:

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

honestly when people act like her life in the trailer park was super traumatic, involving drugs, prostitution, etc. it… seems a bit classist :bebe: especially since lana’s referenced & mentioned her time at the trailer park occasionally throughout her mainstream career & she always did so with sentiment, i mean, she even included a clip of the trailer park interview for the teaser for the white dress music video, if she was so traumatized, she wouldn’t mention it, i feel like these fans are either not aware that lana’s okay with this period of her life, or they just want to assume the truth when there’s no evidence for it, it’s really annoying & nobody should be considered ignorant or problematic for liking that era :facepalm:

yeah this annoys me the most, or when people say it's disrespectful to listen to her older music cause that was a traumatizing time in her life :rip:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Just now, Vanilla Icy said:

yeah this annoys me the most, or when people say it's disrespectful to listen to her older music cause that was a traumatizing time in her life :rip:

i mean, you could say the same about the ultraviolence era since she was depressed, or something :facepalm: i’m sure it’s just teenagers saying this stuff but it’s still concerning that people can be so close-minded :facepalm: 

WGe8ynS.gif

5 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

For example, I learned not so long ago that Flipside's "intro" is actually fanmade and it's just the real intro guitar looped and reversed I believe  :eek: As the song is not available on streaming and I don't have the special UV versions I've always listened to it from YT or other not legit places so I was shocked when someone here mentioned it.

And I learned this as I was reading this comment :teehee: it is actually blowing my mind. I have always heard that version with the intro, also because of downloading it from youtube, and even when i think of the song Flipside i HEAR THAT PART in my head. I never thought it was not supposed to be part of the song before. 

3 hours ago, West Coast said:

That 'Cola' is about Harvey Weinstein :scoff:

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

that is one of the stupidest misconceptions i think i've heard :true:

if it's not about him, why did she remove the song from her playlists for her performances?

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

here’s one, that the lizzy grant era is “problematic” :gtfo:

I could see how it's problematic, but it's so much fun.

3 hours ago, Betty Blue said:

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

We know for a fact that Lana has done drugs and has drank alcoholically. There are real screenshots of her personal Facebook where she talks about a fairly prominent Alcoholics Anonymous group, repeatedly. She also quotes from the book Alcoholics Anonymous on her old Twitter. And "Bad Disease" aligns with the viewpoint of AA (though that might be coincidental)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

if it's not about him, why did she remove the song from her playlists for her performances?

I don't know let's ask her