Viva

Dream Lana Collaboration Thread

7 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Money can't buy you class :beyonce: elegance is learneddd, my friends ;) elegance is learrrrrrned :beyonce:

@shadesofcrazyforyou Lana Del Rey air freshener can merch when?? Complete with Lana decals. Scents will be: "cherry", "cola", and "bad mixing by Jack Antonoff"  :heart:

This is just charli xcx circa auto tune phase tbh

2 hours ago, baddisease said:

I made it my status, but do people still want an LDR x Marina collab? I think an EH or Froot-era Marina collab would be cute..

an adiaml era collab i personally think would be the best. i’m such a huge marina stan, and while a lot of her popular tracks on adiaml are very pop, there are definitely a ton of hidden gems that would fit with lana so well. they both are lyrical geniuses, a collab would make me so happy no matter what it is !! however, i don’t think it’s going to happen on ocean blvd and it seems like they aren’t friends anymore. still crossing my fingers !

tumblr_opkdsufER71vhbcqho1_250.gif

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

15 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I will never understand the... demographic of Lana fan who want her to collaborate with people like Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Halsey, Melanie, etc... like Lana is just of a way different caliber I'm sorry

The collaboration with Lou Reed would have been a really true and beautiful collaboration... :cryney2:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

24 minutes ago, KingsMotelPart2 said:

The collaboration with Lou Reed would have been a really true and beautiful collaboration... :cryney2:

I have been really obsessed with Lou lately and he is becoming one of my all time favorites. Always liked TVU but his solo work is incredible.

Thinking about doing a deep dive analysis about how Lou’s “Jim” is the same as Lana’s. Has anyone else spoke about this before? It may be obvious but listening to Berlin (his concept album about fictional Jim and Caroline) it is very obvious that the themes of domestic violence, crime, depression and self destruction are intentionally echoed conceptually on Ultraviolence.

3 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I have been really obsessed with Lou lately and he is becoming one of my all time favorites. Always liked TVU but his solo work is incredible.

Thinking about doing a deep dive analysis about how Lou’s “Jim” is the same as Lana’s. Has anyone else spoke about this before? It may be obvious but listening to Berlin (his concept album about fictional Jim and Caroline) it is very obvious that the themes of domestic violence, crime, depression and self destruction are intentionally echoed conceptually on Ultraviolence.

Exactly!!

How great!, Lou has always had a special place in my heart, and it always makes me so sad to think about what happened, music lost that October 2013, it must have felt terrible for Lana.

And I definitely see the connection between the two Jim, although I don't know if it's been discussed before either? 

I think we're getting off topic though...

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:

an adiaml era collab i personally think would be the best. i’m such a huge marina stan, and while a lot of her popular tracks on adiaml are very pop, there are definitely a ton of hidden gems that would fit with lana so well. they both are lyrical geniuses, a collab would make me so happy no matter what it is !! however, i don’t think it’s going to happen on ocean blvd and it seems like they aren’t friends anymore. still crossing my fingers !

tumblr_opkdsufER71vhbcqho1_250.gif

I hope they become friends again.

1 hour ago, White Dress said:

I will never understand the... demographic of Lana fan who want her to collaborate with people like Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Halsey, Melanie, etc... like Lana is just of a way different caliber I'm sorry

I want her to collab with Billie and Melanie (and not the others). I think all three (LDR, Billie, Melanie) all have unique approaches to music and art that would be wonderful if combined.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I love Melanie, but I think a LDR x MM would end up being another Don’t Call Me Angel fiasco

The whole collab discussion is often fun but way unrealistic or ends up deceiving when it happens. 
when a collab is for her album, it needs to fully embrace the sound / spirit of it;

she also needs to have some fun doing it, like the Jack- Taylor snow song (that she doesn’t even seems to love);

and when she collabs with another artist, I don’t know why, but she often ends up painting herself in the corner of providing background vocals to the whole song, which is super deceiving. 
at least, BoZ kinda hinted that the numerous collabs for this album put her on the front, which we haven’t heard in a while.

i want lana del rey x lizzy grant :brows:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

wow we are really off so topic but im gonna join in on it by saying my delusional-nver-gna-happen dream collabs would be Lana & Hope Sandoval (pretty sure theres an interview where Hope was like "Lana del Rey??? whos that?":xcry:) or Lana and like.. Bobby D :omfg2: though I have no idea how they'd mesh.... all i know is it would be legendary & a dream come true for Lana!!!

more realistically, Id also enjoy her doing more work w Zella Day &/or Weyes Blood, their cover was lovely but they could def write & record their own gorgeous song togetha!!! The way they harmonise>>>>>>>>

1 hour ago, ldrcultleader said:

Groupie Love is the perfect example for a perfect collab. 

They mixed their sounds and made it work.

ngl ridin is probably the better collab but it wouldn't have made sense if it released

"whens it gonna be my turn, dont forget me"

2 hours ago, burthday kake said:

wow we are really off so topic but im gonna join in on it by saying my delusional-nver-gna-happen dream collabs would be Lana & Hope Sandoval (pretty sure theres an interview where Hope was like "Lana del Rey??? whos that?":xcry:) or Lana and like.. Bobby D :omfg2: though I have no idea how they'd mesh.... all i know is it would be legendary & a dream come true for Lana!!!

more realistically, Id also enjoy her doing more work w Zella Day &/or Weyes Blood, their cover was lovely but they could def write & record their own gorgeous song togetha!!! The way they harmonise>>>>>>>>

A Hope collab would make me WET UGH. Their voices already sound so similar, it would be so beautiful