Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, pinkfuneral said:

I really hope her sexual escapades with Jack Donoghue helped revive her impulse to write sensual music

he was putting it DOWN i just know it and he's about to give us the best sultry lana song since tjf

8 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

First one makes a lot of sense considering boz couldn't directly say he listened to Lana's album but leaked WCE lyrics as soon as he heard it :brows:

Yeah but he pretty much always teases Lana stuff when it’s about to be released or not too much in advance (he knows how insatiable we are). My guess is that he heard the album but might start really talking about it when the lead is in sight.

At this point if nothing comes out in the next ~ 2 weeks it's probably all starting next year cause it makes no sense to kick off an "era" just before Christmas if their plan is to promote it properly (cause if it was solely Lana's decision we would have a song by now even without the album coming soon).

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

At this point if nothing comes out in the next ~ 2 weeks it's probably all starting next year cause it makes no sense to kick off an "era" just before Christmas if their plan is to promote it properly (cause if it was solely Lana's decision we would have a song by now even without the album coming soon).

An album at Christmas which isn't Christmas-themed is not a bad idea necessarily, in terms of sales, as people may want to give it as a gift or ask for it as one. But, I agree, if it's another low energy release like the last two, it will just get buried. I appreciate her approach to her releases, and respect her right to do as she sees fit, but a really strong, visible rollout would be terrific, suggesting she really matters, is a 'somebody,' even if she doesn't want to be perceived as a celebrity. 

Despite his strong image as an 'authentic outsider,' Bob Dylan, for example, has never shirked away from heavy public promotion of any of his albums, not in 50 years. So why Lana feels it may be counter-productive is not clear to me. 

I wouldn't mind if the new album sounded like Chloë and the Next 20th Century 

A chance to release a studio take of the Young and Beautiful foxtrot version 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I hope there is a specific theme for the visuals this time around :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

rockefeller my umbrella doesnt even sound  like a song at  this point, it sounds like a dark magic chant to summon ancient demons and shit.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I hope there is a specific theme for the visuals this time around :trisha:

Chemtrails had a lot of potential but in the end it seems like they couldn't decide between the dreamy eerie pictures (those with the blue background and the fog ?) and the "I am one with my piano" pictures :hide: 

BB visuals were pretty and cohesive since everything was taken from the same MV/set and it made sense with the album topics but yeah I want something really different for the next one... even if it's random like the scrapped NFR photoshoot :thumb3: everything about it was so chaotic 

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Chemtrails had a lot of potential but in the end it seems like they couldn't decide between the dreamy eerie pictures (those with the blue background and the fog ?) and the "I am one with my piano" pictures :hide: 

BB visuals were pretty and cohesive since everything was taken from the same MV/set and it made sense with the album topics but yeah I want something really different for the next one... even if it's random like the scrapped NFR photoshoot :thumb3: everything about it was so chaotic 

Totally agree with everything you said

I just want to associate the new era with a specific theme 

She is just too good at creating imaginary worlds with her music she has to continue doing it :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I hope she continues with the W Magazine photoshoot aesthetic for this era

That photoshoot was such a collapse :trisha::pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I hope she continues with the W Magazine photoshoot aesthetic for this era

That photoshoot was such a collapse :trisha::pray2:

So simple yet so pretty :icant:. Since those are the only visuals we have from this era so far I'll forever associate them to this coming album even if the aesthetic ends up being completely different :silly:

giphy.gif

i'm still manifesting that album cover for LDRX i saw in my dream to come into reality - which she was lifting up by a bunch of men whose faces was blurred out and the photo was flashy on the beach at night, looks like a horror film scene but so majestic at the same time

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Has a confirmed insider stated they know anything about this record other than BoZ potentially referencing Lana’s “masterpiece”?

I don’t want any information (I’d prefer it to all be a surprise), but I’m just curious if they’re as much in the dark as we are:eartha2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Did we figure out who that Ian guy is?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

12 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

I really hope her sexual escapades with Jack Donoghue helped revive her impulse to write sensual music

The way some of us willing to trade Lana to some questionable men just to milk great songs azhshsggdffd :eartha: