Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

the past few days i’ve been watching the lfl recording sessions that lana filmed and im really hoping she does that again.

Imagine it’s a video (with Chuck recording) of Lana singing into her iPhone & then texting it to Drew Erickson with a message like “work your magic<3” & that’s our behind the scenes look:ma:

Mostly kidding, but I’d love to see Lana interacting with Jack and Drew in the studio. She’s known for essentially being stubborn in the studio (Jack said so himself), so I’d love to see how hands-on she is as well!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

What if Rob's piano is just a musical backdrop for BTIG? He played quite a lot of piano and I don't think it's compatible with LDR9, also his 'ethereal' description with Lana's 'anger'. Besides, I think BTIG will probably be dropped first.

7 hours ago, honey dew said:

i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

Double album confirmed :oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

38 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

What if Rob's piano is just a musical backdrop for BTIG? He played quite a lot of piano and I don't think it's compatible with LDR9, also his 'ethereal' description with Lana's 'anger'. Besides, I think BTIG will probably be dropped first.

Not to burst your bubble, but I think a lot of the songs of LDR9 will have piano… mixed with other instruments as well. As for BTIG, it will happen at some point but what were her words in October’s livestream? That it was « massive » and coming along slowly? I take it that it will be out somewhere in 2023… (LDR9 seems to be a « return to form » to a bigger album and sound - a bit like Norman- and the poetry book could be nice after a bigger era)

2 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

the past few days i’ve been watching the lfl recording sessions that lana filmed and im really hoping she does that again. it was so sweet to watch her figure out how everything would sound n what vocal takes and notes she liked. :flutter:

You have any links to it? Thank you

Lana doing TikTok promo when Interscope force her to so that she can be able to start LDR9 rollout:

gXQOMmI.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

BTD - LFL (new comercial sound)

PD - NFR (same sound but better, "stripped back" in comparison and less pop

UV - COCC (subtle influences from the previous album gone wild)

HM - BB (personal, misunderstood, less comercial, vanity project type of album)

LizzyGrant9 slutty trip hop 90s cocaine LDR influenced NYC gangsta bad bitch slaying soundtrack featuring Kali Coochie, @lustforlife and french husband, Madonna, Kim Petras and Aeysha Erotica with Cola Part II as the lead single confirmed????

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

What if her "voice memo songs" are similar to the lizzy laptop acapella demos (but with actual production added to the final thing) :brows:

omfg our minds. I was wondering that this morning on my way to research:oprah2:

imagine if LDR9 is like Violet x Lizzy Grant Demos….I would like to see it:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

don’t hate me for this but I’d love a vibe like Ben for a song or two on LDR9 (obviously with production added though I enjoy this acapella by itself tbh)

Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

don’t hate me for this but I’d love a vibe like Ben for a song or two on LDR9 (obviously with production added though I enjoy this acapella by itself tbh)

tbh i'd enjoy a sound like this far more than what we're probably gonna end up getting

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

10 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

LFL showed us that she has no problem in mixing 2 (or more) different concepts in the same record if she suddenly changes her mind :thumb2:. I guess the conversational songs are the last ones she recorded and she has the fun ones already locked in for the album (even though we have 0 confirmation of bops incoming other than collective delusion, which I love)

If we don't have bops or something different from NFR/COCC/BB, I'm legitimately unstanning.:eartha2:

negAbhB.png

8 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

What if her "voice memo songs" are similar to the lizzy laptop acapella demos (but with actual production added to the final thing) :brows:

8 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

omfg our minds. I was wondering that this morning on my way to research:oprah2:

imagine if LDR9 is like Violet x Lizzy Grant Demos….I would like to see it:flutter:

I still want a long final version of Greenwich :defeated: the lyrics and melody are so beautiful

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

9 hours ago, godsmonster said:

If we don't have bops or something different from NFR/COCC/BB, I'm legitimately unstanning.:eartha2:

She always has a couple of more upbeat songs on her albums (maybe BB being the exception unless you count The Trio and Dealer :hide:) so we're probably getting something fun regardless of the general sound of the album.

I also don't see her having angry unfiltered lyrics with just a piano in the background so maybe we're getting some grunge guitar action going on :brows: (unless it's an album full of angry "ballads" like WFWF which I wouldn't be against but I get why some people would be over the piano tracks)

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, godsmonster said:

I don’t think I could ever go as far as to unstan her (gurl has way too much power over my soul and I can’t quit her), but agreed that we need a couple of tracks to shake things up, with bigger production than piano only (not that there were that many on the last three albums, but put back to back, with the last two being some of her « quietest » pieces ever, I can’t help but feel it’s a bit much :gasp:)

10 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I Love this idea.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

17 minutes ago, avenue said:

i would never unstan because aka and honeymoon have me too gooped but i’d probably wouldn’t follow her career anymore if she gave us jack flop album #3

let's not lie we'd all follow her career