Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

so basically we have for producers:
- jack antonoff (confirmed)
- jon batiste (confirmed)
- drew erickson (probably, considering the above ish post & just circumstance)

songs:
- rockefeller (probably)
- loved you then and now (small chance, because she loves reusing songs)
- yes to heaven (small chance, because she loves reusing songs & it's yes to heaven it has to be on every new album list)

artwork:
- neil krug (small chance, because of the orchids post)

that's it i think :noparty:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

songs:
- rockefeller (probably)
- yes to heaven (small chance, because she loves reusing songs & it's yes to heaven it has to be on every new album list)

artwork:
- neil kurg (small chance, because of the orchids post)

For producers there's also whoever Ian is, they were making magic early September

Artwork, you know Chuck is going to be involved somehow 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

songs:

Drew Erickson was confirmed in her W Magazine interview. I would say Jon Batiste isn't fully confirmed yet, it's possible that they worked on a track for his album or he was just visiting her in the studio, or he is featured as vocals and not production.

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

songs:
- rockefeller (probably)

artwork:
- neil kurg (small chance, because of the orchids post)

we getting LDRX in 2023 (small chance):hooker:

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Drew Erickson was confirmed in her W Magazine interview. I would say Jon Batiste isn't fully confirmed yet, it's possible that they worked on a track for his album or he was just visiting her in the studio, or he is featured as vocals and not production.

It must be for her album because she wrote X in the caption and said in the comments this album is LDRX

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

For producers there's also whoever Ian is, they were making magic early September

me forgetting chuck :bebe:

also the way i whipped that post up because i wanted to actually be on-topic for once :bebe:

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

We know Chuck will be involved but will Charlie :sass:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

19 minutes ago, the ocean said:

songs:
- rockefeller (probably)

artwork:
- neil krug (small chance, because of the orchids post)

there's also the ian guy

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I hated hated hated the snippet game during NFR but goddamn I want another snippet. It's so dry and we haven't even had a peek into the music in 3 months

"Don’t forget me"

i was just thinking of the possibility of maybe getting a surprise release and how that would affect the LB threads

would this become the pre-release thread or would there just not be a pre-release thread

would it be a folklore style surprise where we know about it a day in advance or would it be a beyoncé style surprise where it's literally just dropped with zero warning

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I hated hated hated the snippet game during NFR but goddamn I want another snippet. It's so dry and we haven't even had a peek into the music in 3 months

Lana definitely hired geek squad or something because nothing has really been coming out:true:. In a way I'm really happy we haven't had any leaks/snippet since we can go in blind to the new album but damn in times like these I wish somebody would at least throw us a bone. Anything, even just a song title or week we can expect something. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

I wouldn't mind a couple more snippets as long as they are short like the Rockefeller one. I don't want her to post the whole song in 2/3 parts like she did with HIAB and Cinnamon :bebe:

I also could do without snippets at all if she's releasing at least a single soon tho... I just need new Lana:um2:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I like not having any snippet (no I don’t really count the Rockefeller one: it’s 7 seconds, in the studio and we can’t hear anything - i don’t think I played it more than 5 times it was out). But in the same time, just like you said, it’s very very dry. 

I really don't see it being a surprise release..with how big of numbers she pulls with physicals, they'll want to get a nice debut number. Plus, no artist is surprise dropping anymore. Taylor did it twice, but this time there was a 2 month wait. Preorders help build hype and they aren't going to miss out on that

"Don’t forget me"

manifesting another random account dropping in, announcing something, and then dipping.

No trolling, no further elaboration, and no drama. Just pure facts.

LMLYLAW and W magazine were both spilled by random accounts. These fake insiders with their fake info is tired :true:

I think I'm delulu juice hungover

"Don’t forget me"

I doubt this is the case, but I’m bored, so here’s a random thought: 

Maybe Ben wasn’t trolling when he reposted that fan theory about Blue Banisters being a double release (maybe alongside the covers album?), and that’s why he recently specified we’d see “at least” a solo record. Maybe the second project wasn’t ready or they decided it would fit better with her next project. 

To me, at least, it makes sense that Lana might save something as special as a double release for what she considers her tenth studio album. Blue Banisters was a relatively quiet release, and if LDR9/10 is indeed the “masterpiece” BoZ was referencing, it would make sense to further build the hype with a second album alongside it. 

This could also make sense if we consider the fact that we have a few indications the album is finished, but we know (for some reason:oopna:) that it isn’t ready. 

Is it a reach? Definitely:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath