Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

So do we think she’s going to post something album related on honeymoon before Wednesday? 

announcement of announcement of announcement 

I'm scared to get excited because what others call Lana at her best and what I call Lana at her best can differ dramatically sometimes.

Like, Idk what any insider's favorite LDR album is but if it's one from LFL up to BB I can't really trust their judgement I fear.

When it's about personal taste, I need context to know if insider infos are reliable.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

5 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

I'm scared to get excited because what others call Lana at her best and what I call Lana at her best can differ dramatically sometimes.

Like, Idk what any insider's favorite LDR album is but if it's one from LFL up to BB I can't really trust their judgement I fear.

When it's about personal taste, I need context to know if insider infos are reliable.

Assuming BOZ was talking about Lana, he likes this album, but as far as I remember he didn’t like COTCC or BB. I do agree though, it is all personal taste. His friend Gus (if we trust him) didn’t like BB either, but also liked this new record. So I have a feeling it’s going to be a really good record 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Wait, is this real or are you all collectively going insane?

Where does the Dec 7 thing come from? What is it about the coconut song?

both December 7th and the coconut song came from an interview she did Wednesday at that woman’s event she was at 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

both December 7th and the coconut song came from an interview she did Wednesday at that woman’s event she was at 

Wait, what coconut song? What's the tea on that? Didn't hear a thing

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Assuming BOZ was talking about Lana, he likes this album, but as far as I remember he didn’t like COTCC or BB. I do agree though, it is all personal taste. His friend Gus (if we trust him) didn’t like BB either, but also liked this new record. So I have a feeling it’s going to be a really good record 

I dare to hope.

The best thing that can happen are instrumentals as rich and deep as the Honeymoon ones. You drown in these songs listening to them with headphones on, they're sort of "all around you". Do y'all know what I mean :angie:
...I don't exactly drown in NFR's production (for example).

3 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Wait, is this real or are you all collectively going insane?

Where does the Dec 7 thing come from? What is it about the coconut song?

Check this thread. Lana said she'd announce something on Dec. 7th.
And she said the Coconut Song is her favorite song currently.:awk:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

It's going to be great, I've never seen insiders being so hyped for something from Lana. Having fan insiders + non-fan insiders who love it says it all guys :true:

red-velvet-irene.gifred-velvet-irene.gifDimCriminalArcticduck-size_restricted.gi
Naughty, naughty, naughty oh we ha ho

If the album is as good as they say it is, she’ll have four landmark albums: whether commercial success (BTD), critically acclaimed gem (NFR), an underrated emerging classic (UV) and this one. Many artists would kill for that in their discography.

(The other four are underdog great achievements)

it's been so long since we had a proper, pre-planned release rollout i forgot how good it feels :oprah: no fake dates, no strange unannounced singles (this is a shade @ lmlylw and even though i love the tb-bb-ww trio, the way she almost ignored them felt so weird)

i'm getting ready for a full new complete era with stunning visuals by neil, 16 amazing songs with just a couple produced by j**** a**** but produced greatly like the finest songs on nfr, and the coconut song cover bc i love harry nilsson :gurl:

Just now, flamingpie said:

it's been so long since we had a proper, pre-planned release rollout i forgot how good it feels :oprah: no fake dates, no strange unannounced singles (this is a shade @ lmlylw and even though i love the tb-bb-ww trio, the way she almost ignored them felt so weird)

i'm getting ready for a full new complete era with stunning visuals by neil, 16 amazing songs with just a couple produced by j**** a**** but produced greatly like the finest songs on nfr, and the coconut song cover bc i love harry nilsson :gurl:

We'll know about the fake dates on the 7th ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

4 minutes ago, KeiichiDelRey said:

It's going to be great, I've never seen insiders being so hyped for something from Lana. Having fan insiders + non-fan insiders who love it says it all guys :true:

Spoiler

E700808-B-0-E68-4937-8790-5-E14-C9-B0-B8

Jk lol. I think it is a good sign as well! Definitely excited for what’s in store. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

We'll know about the fake dates on the 7th ...

i'd be skeptical about it if she announced it on instagram, or even in the interview without any other evidence. but with the site blacked out, the insiders buzzing for quite a while now and everything eclipse has been teasing lately... i don't think it's a coinidence :true:

it seems like this album will have a variety of producers including Jack, and i’m really interested in hearing how those songs will blend together, because I’ve noticed that Jack has such a distinctive production style that his songs often sound out of place or oddly not cohesive on albums that aren’t mostly produced by him, and other producer’s songs sound out of place and not cohesive on albums that Jack has done most of the work on. NFR is actually one example of this lol, The Next Best American Record, Doin Time, and Bartender feel so separated from the universe that everything else is in imo. and that was actually one issue I had with fans combining Chemtrails and Blue Banisters, because what the hell, the styles on both of those albums are soooo apparently and dramatically different :rip: but albums like folklore have still successfully made the Jack + another producer combination work, so it’s definitely possible. i am so excited :krylie: