Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Elle is about to come back to 100 new pages of insanity. God bless her combing through this :pray2:

Regardless It's looking pretty likely that in less than 24 hours we'll be in the Pre-Release thread at least :ma:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

none of yall probably remember but we have snippets of two of the tracks from the album... the title track and fingertips which snippets leaked as BB outtakes

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this is why i'm lowkey afraid to voice my opinion sometimes :xgiggle:

there's a certain subset of stans on here that either refuse to accept their fave things can be critiqued and a couple that refuse to accept that LANA can be critiqued and it's annoying and it hurts a little because it's invalidating :xgiggle:

me not liking your favorite album is not a personal attack - music is subjective :xgiggle:

I hear you :oprah3:

Me disagreeing with you about not liking my favorite album isn't a personal attack either, as long as we both can agree on that, we're good :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

when you guys piss and shit your pants at the mention of Jack when we have a 3 second snippet of the song, it’s gives weird self fulfilling prophecy vibes. Maybe it’s just me but I just can’t imagine groveling this much at the mere mention of 1/4 of the producers. Perhaps I’m critical of what I consume and not of what I’m expecting. It just looks weird and obsessive to me, soz. I don’t do this with other producers so i just feel like an outsider looking in. 

I want the song to be good ➡️ I see Jack has production credits ➡️ I expect Jack to make the same contribution to the song that he's made to every song he's produced the last 3 years ➡️ I "piss and shit my pants"

However BOZ did say that he was happy with Jack's contribution to this song so I actually do still have an open mind about it

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

says the biggest ultraviolence stan on this forum

DRAG :omg:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, Map of LA said:

I hear you :oprah3:

Me disagreeing with you not liking my favorite album isn't a personal attack either, as long as we both can agree on that, we're good :true:

yeah we're all here talking about lana anyway and fave/least fave albums are kinda potayto potahto at this point because we all like lana so does it really matter? :xgiggle:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

it's like you guys want to fight at this point :bebe: 

it's really not that serious. Some people like Jack, some don't. Some like his albums, some don't. It's all opinion and there is no right or wrong answer

"Don’t forget me"

On 9/6/2022 at 3:06 AM, Alison by Slowdive said:

myrtle beach tunnel is a tunnel underneath south ocean boulevard in south carolina and it looks like: 

tunnel-850x571-700x470.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

a tunnel under ocean boulevard = dolphin flower :kris:

i am OBVIOUSLY team dolphin flower seashell starfish sandcastle tunnel but i truly love elle's theory about it being abt a tunnel that leads to mar-a-lago - a breezy floridian track with fighter jets flying over the nation and city lights gleaming neon ruby blue and green but w a sinister undercurrent pulling us somewhere dangerous if we aren't careful????? :wowcry:

mUENGN9.png

Just now, the ocean said:

yeah we're all here talking about lana anyway and fave/least fave albums are kinda potayto potahto at this point because we all like lana so does it really matter? :xgiggle:

and she has the one of the most consistent discographies of many artists of this past decade, so the fact that all of our rankings are so different just reinforces that :oprah3:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

Leave @West Coast alone, king is allowed to critique anything he wants to critique without being personally attacked 

Thank you for reminding everyone that this is after all a discussion board. :xcry:

People seem to forget that the "Jack discourse" will be kept alive for as long as they, news flash, keep on working together. For better for worse. 

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

it's like you guys want to fight at this point :bebe:

it's really not that serious. Some people like Jack, some don't. Some like his albums, some don't. It's all opinion and there is no right or wrong answer

Just now, Map of LA said:

and she has the one of the most consistent discographies of many artists of this past decade, so the fact that all of our rankings are so different just reinforces that :oprah3:

exactly :xgiggle:

can we go back to the album now? OMG THERE'S A NEW LANA ALBUM COMING OUT :oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4::oprah4:

Just now, West Coast said:

Thank you for reminding everyone that this is after all a discussion board. :xcry:

People seem to forget that the "Jack" discourse will be kept alive for as long as they, news flash, keep working together. For better for worse. 

Time to put the weapons down :sadcore4:

9 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this is why i'm lowkey afraid to voice my opinion sometimes :xgiggle:

there's a certain subset of stans on here that either refuse to accept their fave things can be critiqued and a couple that refuse to accept that LANA can be critiqued and it's annoying and it hurts a little because it's invalidating :xgiggle:

me not liking your favorite album is not a personal attack - music is subjective :xgiggle:

agree, I just don't like when people try to make others feel dumb for their personal opinions, no matter how dramatic, unpopular, or even silly they are (as long as they aren't offensive), to validate their own beliefs or whatever

Just now, Masquerade said:

agree, I just don't like when people try to make others feel dumb for their personal opinions, no matter how dramatic, unpopular, or even silly they are (as long as they aren't offensive), to validate their own beliefs, or whatever

i literally make fun of my own opinions and @West Coast does too to some extent :toofunny:

i don't really see why other lana stans, whether they like jack or not, can't do the same thing :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

4 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

none of yall probably remember but we have snippets of two of the tracks from the album... the title track and fingertips which snippets leaked as BB outtakes

i think some if not most people remember, but we aren't allowed to share/ask for them! :nails:

plus apparently the length of ocean blvd is different from the seller's version to the single version, so it could be changed/reworked in some way and the snippet might not even be relevant! who knows!! and for fingertips.. everyone forgets fingertips and maybe that's okay maybe that version of the song with the metronome can be forgotten <3

sUcVobB.png