Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, Golden Hour said:

I've been meaning to ask, where did this "Liz, I'm calling from Calihoma" title come from. I feel like it's been around forever. Also keep seeing "Peach Fuzz" and "Death Never Came" – did I miss a few song titles?

@IanadeIrey this is the genius behind "Liz, I'm Calling from Calihoma/California"

6 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

TRACK 11

dancing-while-crying-dancing-crying.gif

yes, this is her answer for the culture 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

17 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

She’s not even bothering to sing on her recordings anymore so she uses an ai to generate vocals for her :true: 

In before she just uploads some of the obscure potato quality dbree "leaks" from the pre-cocc era to spotify and calls it a day 
brigitte-nielsen.gif

Alright, I had another good night sleep and it gave me hope again to put on my clown makeup again (haha) and say that the W interview is the official start of the era, even if we don’t have an album name. I gathered where she revealed the album name through médias for previous eras I remembered. 
- UV: Tropico premiere, followed by Insta post (thanks, @takemetothegasstation)

-HM was it at an event or through an e-magazine? I do remember that she said she had a record named Music To Watch Boys To;

-LFL: the trailer I think?

-NFR: radio première of VB, one of the two first singles;

-Chemtrails: first mention of said record was through an e-magazine, NFR’s release day, saying she was working on the next album, not wanting to take a break. she casually let the title out in her QFTC post. I don’t even think it was meant to be revealed so soon. Interview magazine, with an official photoshoot, gave us more insights on the project, which was revealed Labor Day Weekend; LMLYLAW followed in October. 
-BB: Insta post with Picsart in April. Triple single release in late May. It was renamed after her Insta post of RCS, the day after COCC was released. 
so… no, we don’t have an album name yet. But why do a printed magazine interview, with professional photoshoot, mentioning the album if it wasn’t coming sonner rather than later? Keep in mind though that the music industry is having a hard time with their schedule (every damn artist recorded during the pandemic and vinyl supply chains can’t meet demand - didn’t Lana herself said it took now five months for vinyls to be made? We’re far from the 90-day period between finishing an album and release, in the LFL era), but I think a single before end of summer is realistic. She’s been real quiet in the past weeks, before her trip, and Jack is going back on tour. Plus the interview gave me the impression that the direction of this album was set and has been only « recently »; before that, last year and early winter, she was maybe more casually recording? 
so what do you think?

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Alright, I had another good night sleep and it gave me hope again to put on my clown makeup again (haha) and say that the W interview is the official start of the era, even if we don’t have an album name. I gathered where she revealed the album name through médias for previous eras I remembered. 
- UV: Insta post;

-HM was it at an event or through an e-magazine? I do remember that she said she had a record named Music To Watch Boys To;

-LFL: the trailer I think?

-NFR: radio première of VB, one of the two first singles;

-Chemtrails: first mention of said record was through an e-magazine, NFR’s release day, saying she was working on the next album, not wanting to take a break. she casually let the title out in her QFTC post. I don’t even think it was meant to be revealed so soon. Interview magazine, with an official photoshoot, gave us more insights on the project, which was revealed Labor Day Weekend; LMLYLAW followed in October. 
-BB: Insta post with Picsart in April. Triple single release in late May. It was renamed after her Insta post of RCS, the day after COCC was released. 
so… no, we don’t have an album name yet. But why do a printed magazine interview, with professional photoshoot, mentioning the album if it wasn’t coming sonner rather than later? Keep in mind though that the music industry is having a hard time with their schedule (every damn artist recorded during the pandemic and vinyl supply chains can’t meet demand - didn’t Lana herself said it took now five months for vinyls to be made? We’re far from the 90-day period between finishing an album and release, in the LFL era), but I think a single before end of summer is realistic. She’s been real quiet in the past weeks, before her trip, and Jack is going back on tour. Plus the interview gave me the impression that the direction of this album was set and has been only « recently »; before that, last year and early winter, she was maybe more casually recording? 
so what do you think?

can only dream and manifest that ldr9's first single is of venice bitch magnitude pO3hAeP.gif

mUENGN9.png

30 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

can only dream and manifest that ldr9's first single is of venice bitch magnitude :trisha::trisha:

Now This is my kind of manifestation!!! :sluttybunny::legend:

to this day, VB’s release and radio premiere is THE moment for me, as a Lana Stan: to hear that she had finally dived into the trippy vibes full-on mode that I always dreamed she’d do, In a 9-minute+ single channeling Crimson and Clovers (fucking love this song), followed by an interview where she revealed the iconic album title, AND TO LIVE IT ALL WITH YOU IN REAL TIME?!? I mean, it was my wet dream moment. Anything remotely sounding like VB, I’d be sold. 
second fave moment as a Stan might be when we found out COCC’s tracklist and almost-release date through Shazam and Alexa respectively. :oic2:

(This could be a nice thread on its own, best and worst moment on LB…)

7 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

wasn't Ultraviolence announced at the Tropico premiere?

Just looked it up on Lanapedia and you’re right. I’ll edit my post! Thanks! I wasn’t that huge of a Stan back then and only remember the Insta posts. 

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Now This is my kind of manifestation!!! :sluttybunny::legend:

to this day, VB’s release and radio premiere is THE moment for me, as a Lana Stan: to hear that she had finally dived into the trippy vibes full-on mode that I always dreamed she’d do, In a 9-minute+ single channeling Crimson and Clovers (fucking love this song), followed by an interview where she revealed the iconic album title, AND TO LIVE IT ALL WITH YOU IN REAL TIME?!? I mean, it was my wet dream moment. Anything remotely sounding like VB, I’d be sold. 
second fave moment as a Stan might be when we found out COCC’s tracklist and almost-release date through Shazam and Alexa respectively. :oic2:

(This could be a nice thread on its own, best and worst moment on LB…)

my ultimate stan moment is the iconic nfr cassette leak. i still remember the chaos of it all, everyone here was clowning the 14 yo billie stan for not knowing how to rip a cassette, and her  grandparents probably got fired too :omfg2: a runner up is the dude on instagram who found the nfr vinyl being sold early and some user here stalked him and volunteered to drive to connecticut to find the record store asdghjk i hope this era will be just as chaotic, BB was pretty boring tbh, apart from the dealer 'worst song ever' leak where everyone thought miles kane was nikki lane 

4 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

my ultimate stan moment is the iconic nfr cassette leak. i still remember the chaos of it all, everyone here was clowning the 14 yo billie stan for not knowing how to rip a cassette, and her  grandparents probably got fired too :omfg2: a runner up is the dude on instagram who found the nfr vinyl being sold early and some user here stalked him and volunteered to drive to connecticut to find the record store asdghjk i hope this era will be just as chaotic, BB was pretty boring tbh, apart from the dealer 'worst song ever' leak where everyone thought miles kane was nikki lane 

When we think of it, we had some real iconic moments as a fandom. LFL was also very eventful: the radio premieres, the many interviews and photoshoots where she revealed song titles… and the contrasts in her  plain and direct tweets (July 21 fam / « it leaked, see y’a in an hour! » « you better not, little fucker »):omfg2:

I’m so glad and excited after reading the W interview…it was reassuring in a way .. that she still got it ! Making music and everything. 
honestly I don’t care who she is working with..

Main thing is she is still writing and will be releasing :) !