Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. 

I didn't want to read any of the lyrics but I decided to see what ATRL was saying and I saw some...

And I won't post it here but I have to say this:

There is a song on Froot about a beef with Ellie Goulding!  :defeated:

Like really, remember when they used to be friends and then Ellie got famous and Marina didn't.. and now I feel like not many people have been fans of either one long enough to know this stuff!

531711_1296307396016_224_300.jpg

Where did this friendship go!?

tumblr_m811ncB9fm1rcbzqmo2_500.jpg

Is there any place where I still can read the "leaked" lyrics from the FROOT record, since they have been taken down again?

Edit: Nvm, found them on Marinaboards .. Wow, the lyrics are all very nice.

Immortal and Savages jhave wonderful lyrics. I'm a Ruin reads like it could be a great song, the sonical (and lyrical) Froot-brother of Homewrecker. I can already hear these "Yeah, uh huh, ooh, I’m a ruin" parts in my head.

Gold, Blue, Better Than That and Solitaire however, appeal to me the most. Don't really know why, but I like the lyrics and how they rhyme, even tho, like i already said, there are other great lyrical pieces on "Froot".

I'm excited to actually hear the record.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Is there any place where I still can read the "leaked" lyrics from the FROOT record, since they have been taken down again?

Edit: Nvm, found them on Marinaboards .. Wow, the lyrics are all very nice.

Immortal and Savages jhave wonderful lyrics. I'm a Ruin reads like it could be a great song, the sonical (and lyrical) Froot-brother of Homewrecker. I can already hear these "Yeah, uh huh, ooh, I’m a ruin" parts in my head.

Gold, Blue, Better Than That and Solitaire however, appeal to me the most. Don't really know why, but I like the lyrics and how they rhyme, even tho, like i already said, there are other great lyrical pieces on "Froot".

I'm excited to actually hear the record.

Ok so since you read the lyrics, do you think Better than That is about Ellie Goulding? It clearly references a friend from when she was starting out in the industry..

Ok so since you read the lyrics, do you think Better than That is about Ellie Goulding? It clearly references a friend from when she was starting out in the industry..

I don't know enough about Ellie and Marina. It's indeed something quite personal, but it could be easily about the guy aswell. Someone she liked, a male friend of her, who fell for a b*tch.

I don't know enough about Ellie and Marina. It's indeed something quite personal, but it could be easily about the guy aswell. Someone she liked, a male friend of her, who fell for a b*tch.

I just know they used to be good friends and now Marina doesn't follow Ellie on any social media and they never interact at all...

I didn't actually read all of the lyrics though, just a snippet someone posted.

So I saw this on some forum while looking up info on the box set for Froot

Rough Trade have now listed the 7" singles as individual limited edition pre-order releases. Although there appears to be nothing as yet in the official store.

1. Froot/Happy                                                Released  12/12/14

2. Immortal/I'm A Ruin                                                       2/2/15

3.Gold/Forget                                                                     6/4/15

4.Blue/Solitaire                                                                   6/4/15

5.Better Than That/Cant Pin me Down                              6/4/15

6.Savages/Weeds                                                              6/4/15

No images as yet on the Rough Trade site or any other information to indicate if they vary in any way from the box set edition.

So with this information, it looks like "Happy" will be out on 12/12, and either "Immortal" or "I'm a Ruin" will be out on 1/1/15, and whichever doesn't come out in January will come out on 2/2/15. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Meeeh, I hoped Gold would be next ...

It's said to be a ballad, so I am excited on how the FROOT ballads will sound like. But I don't like the "religious" theme it has at the end of the lyrics. It ruins the introvert-realising-she-can-live-with-herself vibe it builds up in the first part.