Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I can see why you guys are saying she's sold out to become mainstream, and she certainly is less quirky compared to previous albums, but I still think Superstar is miles better than anything played on mainstream radio at the moment. And her lyrics are still beautiful, especially Handmade Heaven (and even some of Superstar's lyrics imo). Baby is pretty mainstream and generic, but for a Clean Bandit song it's a lot better than I ever expected it would be! Not to be THAT person, but we have only heard three songs out of sixteen in full, and I think if she was trying to become mainstream, she would do A LOT more promo and TV/radio appearances and release her singles over a longer period of time to give each single a better chance of charting. 

But yeah, what I am trying to say is, her music is less quirky than what we are used to. But the Marina we know and love is still there, especially in the lyrics. And if she was trying to become mainstream, she would be pushing each single a lot harder than she currently is.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Trying to decide whether I like the snippets or not

tumblr_nj7vyxlozk1qk08n1o1_500.gif

Like, when I first saw the tracklist I was worried of the ultra generic Baby being in there and if it would stand out too much but based on what we've heard of the album so far, well it seems like it fits downright perfect and for me that's a shit situation. The "double album" concept was an interesting idea at first but ehh now I guess it's more clear that she just ended up having material that would make a disjointed record so she decided to split it in two collections to justify it. Handmade Heaven has grown on me but with Baby and Superstar - and Orange Trees, judging by the snippets - I feel like I won't give the Love part of the record that much of my time so Fear better deliver. I wish I could say that I dig this new material but after all these years I expected more from her.

Like I said before, I get why Lana and her didnt collab: the albums are almost two opposites. Ok, Marina has a superb and perfect pre-release era, but the music is not as deep as Lana's. 

how dare you??? m4 is deep as fuck. don't you see???????????????????????????????????? shes talking about love

It sounds like Baby 2.0. She’s trying to please GP again, but at least Electra was conceptual, smart and overall iconic, Superstar and Orange are just cheap pop songs. I thought she was over with her desperate “radio-friendly wannabe” narrative but guess I was wrong.

But honestly now I’m happy she has changed her name to just “Marina,” because it sounds like some random cheap Latina pop girl and this is exactly what’s her music now.

Very disappointing that Marina has chosen to go down this route with generic sounding music and watered down lyrics. We don’t need another Dua Lipa or Latina Pop Girl. When she said ‘modern sound’ I knew it was over for her. Her visuals look good but she’s definitely trying to be more commercially successful and her record label are trying to market her like the other pop girls.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Orange Trees sounds interesting! It gives me a lot of Baby vibes  :flutter:

Seems like LOVE is mostly featuring fresh pop songs. :oprah3:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Omg the uglies are so pressedT. Orange Trees sounds like a banger. Not Marina’s fault u can’t get a date and put your disappointment on her

Oh sweetie that’s cause you like all her worst songs you probably never even heard of The Family Jewels. Being a local is better then being a general public whore my dear.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i have and it's my least favourite album.

omg gyuis!!! its an insder form marine!!! omg pls tell and spill teas on marine new album! omg ure so coul!!!!

xMcVPI7.jpg

w-wHAT? yeah troll confirmed.

tumblr_phbmdv3ngy1w7n50c_400.gif

not at all. there's that wonder thing called opinions, and that's just mine. i connect with it the least. don't get me wrong, there's some amazing tracks on there, but as a whole i don't really click with it.

:flutter:

i don't need to act like some edgy scene kid and jump on the bangwagon saying it's her best, because to me, it's not. i fell a lot more in love with Marina during Electra Heart - that album still smacks me these days, it's gorgeous. I like more songs from EH than FROOT, and more from FROOT than TFJ. each to their own.

omg gyuis!!! its an insder form marine!!! omg pls tell and spill teas on marine new album! omg ure so coul!!!!

omgurd such kewl comment. i hurd dis albym has lotz uf trakz nd cums out in aprul.

not at all. there's that wonder thing called opinions, and that's just mine. i connect with it the least. don't get me wrong, there's some amazing tracks on there, but as a whole i don't really click with it.

i don't need to act like some edgy scene kid and jump on the bangwagon saying it's her best, because to me, it's not. i fell a lot more in love with Marina during Electra Heart - that album still smacks me these days, it's gorgeous. I like more songs from EH than FROOT, and more from FROOT than TFJ. each to their own.

omgurd such kewl comment. i hurd dis albym has lotz uf trakz nd cums out in aprul.

orng tris out frindye :   )

xMcVPI7.jpg

i dont have a horse in this face but lol at this 

anyways, im curious to listen to the rest of the album. not particularly a big fan of this sound, gets old for me fast, but excited to see the rest of the era.

y'all really haven't grown away from trying to be unique bc u dont listen to mainstream pop? i never understood that honestly like why can't you just let people like stuff that they like... ur not unique

but anyways i'm still excited for this album, orange trees sounds like a bop

9ISvyf0.gif

I wanna hear a song from FEAR so bad :(

The songs I'm excited the most are:

1. You

2. Emotional Machine

3. Enjoy Your Life

4. True

5. Soft To Be Strong

6. Karma

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: