Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I’m most excited for:

Emotional Machine (it’s my favorite song of the era so far and it’s only a live performance..especially after the instrumental played in the album trailer..im quivering)

Soft to be Strong (rick NOWELS is producing)

To Be Human (it’s speculated to be the song with the omnichord and that shit was HEAVENLY.)

No More Suckers (u cant name a song that and NOT spark my interest)

Enjoy Your Life (duh)

I'm mostly looking forward to Enjoy Your Life & You! From the snippets we've heard they both sound like the biggest bops on the record so far. HH and SS are good but they're not BOPS.  I am feeling positive about the Fear side of the album though, as Marina said it'd be more upbeat and so I think Love is for the more mid tempo tranquil happy chill songs. Also, her best songs are always the depressing ones so let's hope Fear delivers! 

y'all really haven't grown away from trying to be unique bc u dont listen to mainstream pop? i never understood that honestly like why can't you just let people like stuff that they like... ur not unique

but anyways i'm still excited for this album, orange trees sounds like a bop

Not liking Marina going fully mainstream doesn’t mean someone’s trying to be “unique.” I love radio-friendly songs, they’re fun. But there’s certain artists that I expect more from and Marina’s one of them. Epescially since people are not mad at her for sounding “mainstream,” she’s always been mainstream less or more (Electra, hello?), we’re just used to some level of her ~artistry~. Artists can be mainstream and inventive at the same time. But instead of that she choose to sound generic af with some latina-wannabe style that’s not even on top anymore.

Are we getting 'Orange Trees' today or what? I mean, tonight since NZ will get it, right?

The website doesn't say anything about unlocking the song, just the video, so it makes me think that it is being released at midnight in each country. However, since this seems to have a bit more planning, it might be a worldwide release. Guess we'll see in a few hours.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

GUYS IF WE LINK ALL THE SNIPPETS TOGETHER, WE GET THE FIRST CHORUS/INTRO AND VERSE

[Africa snippet]

O-o-o-orange

O-o-o-orange

[south America snippet]

O-o-o-orange

O-o-o-orange

[North America snippet]

I see the flowers and the greenery

I take a breath

[Asia snippet]

of air

I feel free

Spent so long

[Europe snippet]

Was busy chasing happiness

When all I needed was

[Australia snippet]

A little peace

Try to get back to what we need

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

This is such a cool way to release

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You