Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Orange Trees is one of the most generic songs I've ever heard. There's literally nothing interesting, creative or unique about it at all. I'm honestly shocked that Marina would release this.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

the fact that y'all have to call everyone "edgy teenager" when someone doesn't agree with your opinions. i really have to laugh. marina is an amazing artist who served 3 great albums, with cool imagery, lyrics and production but now she just LOST it. i don't know if it's because she's aiming at radio success or because she's gRoWn or what else but i don't see anything new or interesting in these new songs. these are literally songs that ANYONE could sing. that's why i'm a little bit disappointed, there's nothing unique about them. i don't mind the pop sound, i don't mind the tropical vibes, but she could do really betterthanthat.mp3. the only thing i'm glad for is that marina seems to be really happy and feeling herself this era and that makes me happy, but the music till now... is.... a choice.

The lyrics are excellent, but the production and vocals are so bland I didn’t even finish the song

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

why does everyone hate the song? it's a cute summer bop.. she's securing that #1 summer anthem

the fact that y'all have to call everyone "edgy teenager" when someone doesn't agree with your opinions. i really have to laugh. marina is an amazing artist who served 3 great albums, with cool imagery, lyrics and production but now she just LOST it. i don't know if it's because she's aiming at radio success or because she's gRoWn or what else but i don't see anything new or interesting in these new songs. these are literally songs that ANYONE could sing. that's why i'm a little bit disappointed, there's nothing unique about them. i don't mind the pop sound, i don't mind the tropical vibes, but she could do really betterthanthat.mp3. the only thing i'm glad for is that marina seems to be really happy and feeling herself this era and that makes me happy, but the music till now... is.... a choice.

eh, i've personally never heard a song like orange trees b4 and really like the reminiscent lyrics and watery vibe. but don't worry, she said the experimental "classic marina" tracks were put on fear so that should be exciting

why does everyone hate the song? it's a cute summer bop.. she's securing that #1 summer anthem

eh, i've personally never heard a song like orange trees b4 and really like the reminiscent lyrics and watery vibe. but don't worry, she said the experimental "classic marina" tracks were put on fear so that should be exciting

Honestly if she does end up doing a whole side just for her old classic Marina then I’m good, I just don’t see how on earth the two sounds could ever blend together. Like why don’t do two separate eps? Idk. This whole double album stuff is kinda tired

The lyrics are excellent, but the production and vocals are so bland I didn’t even finish the song

Excellent? If these are excellent lyrics than TFJ was what? Like they’re ok at best

i know it's not the case but orange tree sounds like her die tonight or something where it's a song written for somebody else but in the end it ended up on her own album 

i76mrxw.png 

i don't hate the song, i just find it a little bit boring. i don't know, it lacks of something.

I hope she announces some merch before her tour begins. 

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I think she loves this song so much because she has the personal connection to the Greek island she's singing about. Unfortunately for her, fans just don't really have that perspective, so we have to relate to the ideas of positivity, happiness, and love (which, some of y'all bouta be real mad at me, you depressive folk can't relate to) and those are far more bland topics than what we're use to her writing about. The production of EH was of equal quality; Marina was just writing from a more unique perspective we don't hear in pop. Truly think that Fear will be the more praised side of the album, at least lyrically. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore