Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Wow, her last ig post was on Feb 7th, now I'm scared, hope she's ok.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

12 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I think she’s been posting on her story from what I read about the delay. 

7 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

I think she’s been posting on her story from what I read about the delay. 

maybe it was her team

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

16 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

it’s really not a simple as that. she has to contact all the producers, co-writers & anyone else who worked on the songs to get permission to upload the tracks, then they have to work out percentages of payment etc. she can’t just upload them 

but wouldn’t it be easy for INHA as by her admission only she and one guy worked on FROOT? 

Considered she promised she’d release it more than a year ago 

1 hour ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

but wouldn’t it be easy for INHA as by her admission only she and one guy worked on FROOT? 

Considered she promised she’d release it more than a year ago 

an artist promising the release of a song means nothing lol

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 hours ago, EXODUS said:

At least she’s tweeting about her cats lol I wonder how much of the album they’ve heard :fabcat::w8ing::rollin:

Since the vinyl release was pushed back to the 9th, maybe we can expect the next single to drop starting 3/26? (Maybe even this Friday, though I doubt it). I don't think she'd release the same day/week as Lana. And 2 weeks to enjoy the single, then the physical copies ship out, feels like it makes sense. Hopefully, just really want to hear something new from her soon! :wub:

9 hours ago, Party Favor said:

an artist promising the release of a song means nothing lol

yeah I know?? “lol” I just said it would be easier for INHA as opposed to other tracks cause she has spoken about it many times over the years, sang it a lot during the LF tour and only two people worked on the track + it’s fairly recent so there wouldn’t be as many issues as there would be for TFJ/EH tracks considering TFJ was 12-13 years ago and EH 10 years ago 

3 hours ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

yeah I know?? “lol” I just said it would be easier for INHA as opposed to other tracks cause she has spoken about it many times over the years, sang it a lot during the LF tour and only two people worked on the track + it’s fairly recent so there wouldn’t be as many issues as there would be for TFJ/EH tracks considering TFJ was 12-13 years ago and EH 10 years ago 

its still not as easy as that, they have to work things out in terms of rights to the song, how much each person gets for it etc. it isn't as simple as "upload to spotify", there's a lot of formalities. in theory, yes newer tracks are easier to release than older ones but it can still be a big pain

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

3 hours ago, feelingxcx said:

Hi, does anyone have the image she used for the back cover of Electra Heart without text? I found the original but it's without that "tv screen" effect/further editing. Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^

that's cool! i remember trying to find the exact background photo some years ago and being so frustrated that i could never find it due to it's generic palmtree image nature that reverse searching wouldn't help lol may i ask you where you found it? (also sorry i could't help with the tv screen edit)

9 hours ago, rabbit said:

Since the vinyl release was pushed back to the 9th, maybe we can expect the next single to drop starting 3/26? (Maybe even this Friday, though I doubt it). I don't think she'd release the same day/week as Lana. And 2 weeks to enjoy the single, then the physical copies ship out, feels like it makes sense. Hopefully, just really want to hear something new from her soon! :wub:

Exactly what I've thought! Also I've noticed that my vinyl order status changed to "packing" which means it's only waiting to be shipped. This confirms that the shipment wasn't delayed because of some manifacturing problem, but they're simply waiting for the next single to be released!! 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

On 2/4/2021 at 2:19 PM, urgirl said:

The Marilyn line in mans world is interesting to me for 2 reasons 

1. Marilyn famously said “I don’t mind living in a mans world, as long as I can be a woman in it.”

2. “Where man made her legend” ... Marina is attributing marilyn’s status as a legend to men? Why?! 

these 2 weird things makes me wonder if she’s actually kinda shading Marilyn. 

OMG. I didn’t realize this before but I am convinced the first verse is also a Marilyn reference. This is a quote from a famous Marilyn book and was also quoted in a 2017 vogue article on Marilyn Monroes makeover: “She lived in her white bathrobe and spent hours soaking in bubble baths, soapy blonde hair piled on her head, skin pink and rosy as a Boucher cherub.You look like a strawberry soda,” Amy observed to Marilyn’s delight.” 

given the other Marilyn reference in the song and the fact that Marina is a definite Marilyn fan, (electra hearts poodle was named Marilyn) I’m totally convinced the verse is a direct reference to this quote, besides, its too much of a coincidence

I really really really hope there are more Marilyn mentions in the album (and I hope they are tasteful and respectful)

35 minutes ago, beowoof said:

What is the situation with Marina's cats? Why does she have two new cats? What happened to her first two cats? Are they okay?

Didn’t she foster some cats or something?? They’re probably the new ones. I think her first cats are fine. We got new pics of Mavis recently

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

7 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Don't get me started.

giphy.gif

Girl, I gotchu

Anyway, I'm glad Marina is doing ok and she's back on IG, my gut is screaming an announce soon.

Tbh reading about the demo talk on the last page and... apart from L+F existence, she does have an amazing quality control for every album? I think there were speculations about re-releases for every album since The Family Jewels, but every piece she shared was actually totally worth it and just great songs overall? 

I know the Froot outtakes are a bit unfair to judge since we just don't know if they're real or stem edits or whatever, and even if I'm Not Hungry Anymore is nice, I wouldn't switch anything from the main album for it. The collection of 11 song was just flawless.

But she really dropped Electra Heart and then gave us: E.V.O.L., the Title Track, Just Desserts and How To Be a Heartbreaker which was a potential hit after all and still felt part of the era. These songs were all cute to great.