Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

4 hours ago, kaliuchis said:

see the good side y’all… lana is getting THAT bag for just moaning to a mic :ahh:

that bag + those streaming numbers + monthly listeners incoming :agree: 40m i fear

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Can’t lie, I’m disappointed but I only have myself to blame for wishfully hoping Lana would do more than just backup vocals. :noparty: Song is pretty though, will sound beautiful on an ice cold, sunny winters day when the snow is blinding my eyes.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

it's alright it takes a while to get into the vibe it's trying to fit the listener into. the verses sound like someone pulling themselves up from a well w the pail as their seat. it feels like a drink when it's ice is about to melt. also, a clock or a hotel lobby. the bridge's sung a lil how i'd imagine troye sivan would sing it inflection wise. lana sounds like a smooth echo during a lagging phone call audio. it could sound charming like a hallmark movie intro, but that can also mean a negative thing cus that's not everyone's cup of tea. i'm not sure the first part of the chorus lyrics is something taylor can pull off as natural so it feels slightly gimmicky. 

the momentum begins to gradually find it's ease towards the second verse. the clock sounds and vibes are clever

im not sure where the song's going tho exactly itself. which perhaps there's bias, but broadly thinking, how this aesthetic seems the most lana-inspired, it's kinda strange how small lana's contribution is. and i note this from taylor's referencing and inspiration from wildest dreams, cardigan and some. just don't want lana to even feel like she might be slighted cus pop's pop give lana credit where it's due where everyone thinks taylor's fans are gonna think she's this new messiah macdonaldizing parallels/ themes that lana, when lana's been doin this most authentically since her start. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Estheim said:

Why are Lana’s collabs always like this, I don’t get it lol

She said when she features artists she likes to give them the moment since it’s a collaboration rather than a feature.. idk why she thinks she deserves less. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

honestly for me personally, this is a best case scenario. providing background vocals for a random swift song bc she happens to be in the same studio/work with the same producer - that i can handle and understand. thank god this song is nothing more than that :) 

This is all really bad but hey it could’ve been worse. Imagine if she had a bad verse. We wouldn’t stop hearing about it from the swifties. 

I’m glad I get to grieve these two days before all the backlash starts though

Many people will be disappointed, I think we are not the only ones. I don't know how many pre-ordered the album just because of the collab. Taylor has tricked everyone and she's going to pay for it. 

I also don't believe she's a Lana fan. She's only doing and saying things for business reasons, that's why she is where she is. 

18 minutes ago, DealerBitch said:

This is all really bad but hey it could’ve been worse. Imagine if she had a bad verse. We wouldn’t stop hearing about it from the swifties. 

I’m glad I get to grieve these two days before all the backlash starts though

A bad verse from Lana? Not even DCMA had a bad verse from her

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

I'm surprised at people being surprised. It's the same old story - Taylor is yet again cashing in on Lana.

Like it or not, she DID shamelessly rip her off several times throughout the years, never even publicly recognizing her. And - I said it back in 2019 and was (as always if you dare criticising Taylor) called a "misogynist" but I'm still convinced it's the truththe only reason she started praising Lana in the NFR era was because it became fashionable to love her at that point. That's it. It was the thing to do. She was never supportive when it counted. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I don't get the negativity around DCMA. The non-Lana part is exactly what you would have expected when you read who/what it was, and at least we got some great singing by LDR, as well as a sexy as hell video appearance. Of course, nothing will top the literally home made Stargirl video, but I know a lot of pop fans discovered Lana through DCMA.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png