Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

14 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

And I will listen to the entire album, not that Iโ€™m a huge Swiftie, but folklore and evermore are so good; Iโ€™m convinced sheโ€™ll deliver this time as well.ย 
ย 

However, I probably wonโ€™t be focused duringย tracks 1-3 because Iโ€™ll be getting more and more excited for Lana to bless me

Nevermindย :eek:

Spoiler

Not that I listened to it, but your reactions took away my optimism lol

ย 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

17 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

The Weeknd has never done Lana dirty. Lana's best collabs wbk

Abel would never have had Lana mumbling in the backgroundโ€ฆ..itโ€™s such an insult to anย authentic and vocallyย recognisable artist like Lana. ย Imagine putting someone like Adele in the background itโ€™s the same thing. ย 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Abel would never have had Lana Mumbling in the backgroundโ€ฆ..itโ€™s such an insult to anย authentic and vocallyย recognisable artist like Lana. ย Imagine putting someone Adele in the background itโ€™s the same thing. ย 

ย 

Not only that but he featured her twice in one of his albums and another time in his previous effort.

ย 

Iโ€™m trying to hold back because thereโ€™s a chance that Lana herself wanted the song to be this way but it would be pretty strange for her since that never happens when sheโ€™s a feature artist. And when itโ€™s the other way around, her features do get plenty of time to shine (Abel, Rocky, Carti, Stevie, Lennon, Nikki) to a point where she even split an entire fucking song in 3 parts so Zella Day and Weyes Blood could get the same amount of time as her (with Weyes even closing the entire song AND album). SO if this way a deliberate choice on Taylorโ€™s part, that just goes to show how incredibly obtuse and stupid she MIGHT be considering she has no problem letting Bon fucking Iver moan his way through their entire duet but when itโ€™s time to really deliver on a promise and her admiration for Lana, we get a subpar quasi-duet.

ย 

The fact that she deliberately let the duet announcement last further proves my point that she was hyping it up KNOWING it would tingle the Lana fandomโ€ฆ you know, the same artist whose lyricism sheโ€™s borrowing from ever since 2014.

ย 

If she has anything to do with this decision, fuck her.

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Abel would never have had Lana mumbling in the backgroundโ€ฆ..itโ€™s such an insult to anย authentic and vocallyย recognisable artist like Lana. ย Imagine putting someone like Adele in the background itโ€™s the same thing. ย 

This just reminded me of Party Monster. Thatโ€™s a song where itย makes sense for Lana not to be credited as a feature,ย and he still gave her more prominent vocals in the outro. Iโ€™m positive that ifย Taylor hadnโ€™t announced this as a feature, it would have been a nice surprise on release day to hear that Lana co-wrote the song. I highly doubt many people would be upset that she didnโ€™t get a credit for backing vocals as that is the standard for most artists.ย 

I really think itโ€™s not deep though. Disappointing as a Lana stan and a chance to hear her voice in new music? Yes. But I seriously doubt that Lana had little to no input on how she would sound on this song. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s some deliberate marketing plot and I really do believe that Lana agreed to do exactly what she did in the song. And I hope we can all heal soon xoxo

faSE.gif

34 minutes ago, your dealer said:

I really think itโ€™s not deep though. Disappointing as a Lana stan and a chance to hear her voice in new music? Yes. But I seriously doubt that Lana had little to no input on how she would sound on this song. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s some deliberate marketing plot and I really do believe that Lana agreed to do exactly what she did in the song. And I hope we can all heal soon xoxo

ย 

this....i understand the disappointment people are feeling though! it would have been epic if she had a bigger part in the song,ย i haven't heard it but it's small isย what i'm getting from the reactions.

As Lana stans we really do like to overthink sh*t... Guys it's not that deep. Yeah ok Dr. Swiftlynn might be feeling a little insecure about her voice considering that Lana has a better range than her but knowing how strong Lana's presence is, she wouldn't have allowed to be reduced to background vocals if she really wanted to be more prominent on SOTB.ย 

ย 

Am I the only one that thinks that Lana and Faylor wouldn't really sound nice together?

D.png

this is such a frustrating situation like pls stop saying โ€œbe more optimisticโ€ cause no i wont be,ย all this hype and promo for what exactly its just.. ugh

ย 

lana knew what she was doing for not saying a single word about this โ€œcollabโ€

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif

i have not listened to the leak nor will i. i can wait 2 more days. but here are my thoughts from what i have heard about it. i did hope lana would get a substantial part in the song but i am surprisingly not disappointed. i get the feeling this was more of a songwriting collaboration & taylor probably asked lana to hop on the song. i would not doubt lana only wanted to do backing vocals & maybe that is also the case with many other female features taylor has had too. women tend to be more agreeable & modest than men so maybe the women often do not want to take up time in taylor's songs butย the men do notย mind doing so. anyway, i would not readย too much into it. also taylor always credits features even if it is just backing vocals & i think it is just to give everyone adequate credit & royalties not for hype. if anything i have noticed more taylor fans getting into lana in preparation than lana fans getting into taylor so it seems like taylor is spreading lana to her audience not trying to invade lana's. i do not think lana was swindled into anything & knew exactly what she was agreeing to. it is fine to be disappointed obviously especially as lana fans excited to hear lana but i do not think this was a malicious ploy by taylor. i still have not heard the song but i am still excited to & still excited for the album. even tho lana is my favourite artist ever, i still do very much like taylor so it is just a lucky bonus for me that lana is involved with the song even if just a little bit. & again, think about all the new fans lana got by taylor praisingย her & featuring her. this is still a win. maybe i am being too optimistic here but it beats being upset all the time (which i usually am, so this is good!)

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif