Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

I'm so disappointed, BUT all I can say is:

1) if she gets credits as if she was a co-lead or featured artist she will get those $$ so bring it on gurl :creepna:

2) at least the hype brings attention to Lana too so it's fine on her side

3) I think this was a better output than if it surprisingly popped out in the Wikipedia tracklist notes section as ""Snow on the Beach" features uncredited background vocals by Lana Del Rey", which probably would have brought her zero $$ so okay.

of course i will not be using (as roughly any other Lana feature where she does BGV only tbh), but hope other people enjoy it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

i’m stuck behind wanting to look at this situation with maturity and consideration, and wanting to blame taylor swift for all of this as well as the tension headache i got last night :bebe:

i agree that it’s kinda crummy for taylor to hype this up as a legit feature with LANA DEL REY just for it to be muffled background vocals which are hardly noticeable, i know there’s a chance that lana wanted it that way, but even then, why? it is strange that anybody involved would agree to that, makes me wonder if lana’s silence about this or chuck’s strange post had anything to do with this :bebe:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Here are all of Lana’s sung/whispered lines that I can decipher from the song (at least I think :toofloppy:):

Chorus 1

You wanting me (whispered)

But it’s coming down, no sound, it’s all around

Like snow on the beach

Like snow on the beach

Like snow on the beach

Like snow, ah ah ha ha ha

Verse 2 (whispered)

This scene feels

Screen, I searched aurora borealis green

Lit from within

Blurring out my periphery

Like I won a contest

Would be so dishonest

Fake it ‘til you make it, ‘til you do

‘Til it’s true

Chorus 2

Snow at the beach, weird but fucking beautiful

Flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful

You wanting me tonight feels impossible

Like snow on the beach

Like snow on the beach

Like snow on the beach

Like snow, ah ah ha ha ha

Bridge

Now I’m all for you like Janet

Real thing, can it?

Chorus 3

Are we falling like snow at the beach, weird but fucking beautiful

Flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful

You wanting me tonight feels impossible

Like snow on the beach

Like snow on the beach

Like snow on the beach

Like snow ah ah

It’s a shame to me that, not only did she not get a solo verse or chorus, but the ad-libs at bridge and ending are all Taylor too! Lana’s only solo moment is her singing “ah ah” in the chorus. :thumb2:

Lana voice has the same effects as it was on Ultraviolence (to a lesser extent Honeymoon) and HTD. Old muffled mic effects.

It sounds extra jarring next to how Taylor’s vocals were produced (crisp clean pop vocals). I have no idea why they did that. Either both them sing in the old mic to give a warm christmassy feeling or none at all. Having one muffled voice and one not is an interesting choice to say the least.

Outsold with ease.

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i’m stuck behind wanting to look at this situation with maturity and consideration, and wanting to blame taylor swift for all of this as well as the tension headache i got last night :bebe:

i agree that it’s kinda crummy for taylor to hype this up as a legit feature with LANA DEL REY just for it to be muffled background vocals which are hardly noticeable, i know there’s a chance that lana wanted it that way, but even then, why? it is strange that anybody involved would agree to that, makes me wonder if lana’s silence about this or chuck’s strange post had anything to do with this :bebe:

Lana was probably just as surprised as we were when Taylor announced her as a feature

"Don’t forget me"

Taylor Swift has around 48 hours to kidnap lana del rey and force her to sing.

I can't believe I even DARED defending taylor swift by asking you guys to TRUST her going off of cardigan

what is this monstrous marketing tactic that BENTAP77 agreed to?!?

if anything it'll get people talking about ldr9...

anyway never getting hyped for a feat. LDR again

pass me my vape.

Maybe I'm just one of a few, but I still think the song is kind of beautiful. What some describe as a "muffled sound" fits quite well with what I imagine when I listen to it: a quiet winter day lonely on the beach, it's cloudy and a bit darker maybe even foggy, just before it snows from the sky. It's just a beautiful atmosphere that the song tries to reproduce. And when it says "it's coming down, it's coming down" in the outro at the end, you can literally feel the onset of snowfall. This beautiful feeling that you have at it, a song has never expressed so properly.

51094067a37558aa5455e87c40dc6aa0.jpg

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Maybe I'm just one of a few, but I still think the song is kind of beautiful. What some describe as a "muffled sound" fits quite well with what I imagine when I listen to it: a quiet winter day lonely on the beach, it's cloudy and a bit darker maybe even foggy, just before it snows from the sky. It's just a beautiful atmosphere that the song tries to reproduce. And when it says "it's coming down, it's coming down" in the outro at the end, you can literally feel the onset of snowfall. This beautiful feeling that you have at it, a song has never expressed so properly.

51094067a37558aa5455e87c40dc6aa0.jpg

i think the muffled sound does capture snowfall very well in a way but did they have to muffle ALL of lana’s vocals like that :toofunny:

sUcVobB.png