Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I want to know where the idea to compare falling in love to snow falling on a beach came from. It’s a moot point to not love the song, I know - but everything about this (especially the titular motif) just feels so random…:hide:

it looks like she went on a LDR song title generator and got snow on the beach and went for it

but if this was a lana song it would probably reference coke but since this is taylor she had to find a different motif

:whatever2:

3 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

my guess is she came up with the title “snow on the beach” first/before she had anything written and was like “wow yeah that’s pretty” and had to figure out how to build a meaningful song around it :rip: which may be why it feels like kind of a forced metaphor

our minds lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I maybe an exception here but I listened to it on my earphones and I can clearly hear Lana albeit as backing vocals but it’s still beautiful and I really like the song, it’s really catchy. I still hope it charts beautifully. 

I have to add here that I’m not really a Taylor fan but I like this song.

13 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

I maybe an exception here but I listened to it on my earphones and I can clearly hear Lana albeit as backing vocals but it’s still beautiful and I really like the song, it’s really catchy. I still hope it charts beautifully. 

Leak Snow On The Beach (Crys10’s Version)!!! :read:

Just kidding don’t post links or anything

This is just a personal thing, but I feel like if all an artist is doing on a song is backing vocals, then they shouldn’t be listed/advertised as a featured artist because that kind of implies a larger role. That goes for any artist, not just Taylor. I honestly kind of feel the same about Playboi Carti on Summer Bummer because what is he doing besides backing stuff :toofloppy: That’s why I like that Party Monster wasn’t released as “Party Monster ft. Lana Del Rey” because that’s not as accurate as just having her as a credited backing vocalist 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

This is just a personal thing, but I feel like if all an artist is doing on a song is backing vocals, then they shouldn’t be listed/advertised as a featured artist because that kind of implies a larger role. That goes for any artist, not just Taylor. I honestly kind of feel the same about Playboi Carti on Summer Bummer because what is he doing besides backing stuff :toofloppy: That’s why I like that Party Monster wasn’t released as “Party Monster ft. Lana Del Rey” because that’s not as accurate as just having her as a credited backing vocalist 

I absolutely agree with you, but I think Playboi Carti is an exception to the rule simply because his ad-libs is one of the things he's most recognizable for, and it really helped fill up Summer Bummer.

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, i talk to jesus said:

still disrespectful & morally wrong but whatever :coffee:

Taylor Swift is a millionaire and she's bound to make even more $$$ when this album comes out. 1 song and some snippets leaking 3 days ahead of release is really nothing bad, especially in comparison to other artists. It's realistically not gonna cause her any harm (personally or sales wise). 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

52 minutes ago, Actor said:

Do we think that Taylor knows that we r mad? 😁

Honey, she knows! Lana is TT on Twitter and all I can see in Twitter and Tiktok are mad Swifties and Lana's fans talking about SOTB.

It's a bomb and it's destroying everything in its way 2 days before Midnights comes out. I doubt Taylor would call Lana and be like "Please, record a verse now" or even if she has it, it's to late to put it that way, I thinnk.

I don't think the digital version will be different. Taylor did that collab with Haim and put it as a feat. and well, we didn't hear Haim at all.

Taylor should be prepare for what's coming. A lot of people is getting really mad and the hype is going somewhere i think, she didn't expect. It's bad.

Why are ppl saying it’s a demo. How would a demo get out this close to the release? These are def rips from the cds or vinyls. Cope. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I want to know where the idea to compare falling in love to snow falling on a beach came from. It’s a moot point to not love the song, I know - but everything about this (especially the titular motif) just feels so random…:hide:

Here's what Taylor said about the song:

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/people/taylor-swift-snow-on-the-beach-meaning-featuring-lana-del-rey-3877175

“Snow On The Beach the song is about falling in love with someone at the same time as they’re falling in love with you. In this sort of cataclysmically faded moment where you realise someone feels exactly the same way that you feel, at the same moment."

“And you’re kind of looking around going ‘wait is this real, is this a dream, is this for real, is this happening, is it really happening’ - kind of like it would be if you were to see snow falling on the beach.”

I think it's that beautiful feeling when you see falling snow (which doesn't happen so often in some areas), and when you're at the same time on the beach, it's somehow extra special.

Ngl I feel like she got high, listened to COTCC, wrote this and asked for Lana’s stamp of approval in the from of a writing cred a few whispered backup vocals. 

Also the metaphor is lost on me. 

Also lavender haze was co-written by Zoë Kravitz, but she kept quiet about that and it was a pleasant surprise rather than a disappointment. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️