Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i just wanted to say, this song pairs so nicely with buddy's rendezvous :hair: try listening to ocean boulevard and then buddy's rendezvous, it's such a nice, jazzy vibe :hair:  

Love, love, love Buddy's Rendezvous. I heard the FJM track on this record is even better

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got to listen and I am completely floored, it's been ten times in a row and it's so clearly an absolute masterpiece, I feel so bad for the people who aren't hearing what the rest of us are.

The lyrics are truly phenomenal, some of her best ever. Once you realize the significance of the tunnel under Ocean Blvd it's just devastating, yet she still manages to weave in this warmth and catchiness throughout. This song is an obvious classic already, people will be moved by this song and still singing along in 100 years. It's as timeless as anything she's ever done, with such a deep and heavy weight to it that I'm honestly nervous for what this album is going to bring.

If she didn’t release Blue Banisters (album), I think this song would have a much bigger impact on me. I might have to remove some BB songs from my playlist when this album comes out I fear 

It also reminds me of Chemtrails title track in the way it builds towards the end. 

6 minutes ago, PARADISEMOTEL said:

For real. I do like the song as I said before but damn…people are just blindly throwing compliments and saying they love it and she ate etc. It’s a beautiful song, the lyricism of this era will be unmatched, but the production itself does feel BBish, as if we’re still stuck in a loop. The insiders were gassing this the FUCK up saying it was different from anything she’d ever done and her magnum opus and…lyrically yes (aside from the last 2 minutes being “don’t forget me” sounding like one of those weird upbeat pharmaceutical commercial song covers) but production wise? You start the song and it’s IYLDWM with *better lyrics and LMLYLAW with orchestra on top. I’m excited for the orchestra, the piano did not disappoint, and I heard the beautiful sound of actual drums somewhere in there but this doesn't feel completely different as people were saying. That’s not to say I didn’t give her 45 dollars at 10:14AM as soon as I found the preorder link but I am holding out hope for the album itself! :diva:

Everything you said :gclap::gclap::gclap:

34 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Why is Lana limiting herself to her comfort zone

:true:

How someone could think that something as vulnerable and heavy as this song is Lana limiting herself to her comfort zone is beyond me 

11 minutes ago, PARADISEMOTEL said:

For real. I do like the song as I said before but damn…people are just blindly throwing compliments and saying they love it and she ate etc. It’s a beautiful song, the lyricism of this era will be unmatched, but the production itself does feel BBish, as if we’re still stuck in a loop. The insiders were gassing this the FUCK up saying it was different from anything she’d ever done and her magnum opus and…lyrically yes (aside from the last 2 minutes being “don’t forget me” sounding like one of those weird upbeat pharmaceutical commercial song covers) but production wise? You start the song and it’s IYLDWM with *better lyrics and LMLYLAW with orchestra on top. I’m excited for the orchestra, the piano did not disappoint, and I heard the beautiful sound of actual drums somewhere in there but this doesn't feel completely different as people were saying. That’s not to say I didn’t give her 45 dollars at 10:14AM as soon as I found the preorder link but I am holding out hope for the album itself! :diva:

Oh yeah, it’s a beautiful song but I am hoping that’s it’s one of the weaker tracks on the album, it’s essentially a yassified IYLDWM (which I’m completely fine with). I do prefer it over IYLDWM and LMLYLAW to an extent though, it’s like a more fully realized version of them :trisha: it sounds like a Hans Zimmer-ification of Lana’s past two albums 

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, mrborntolose said:

BYE to the haters of THE TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BLVD F0-DEC83-D-8141-4-FBC-878-A-E25169-C49-E

its a perfectionated black bathing suit so yeah magnum opus me fears

and also for giving me Margaret

33 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Why do i not see a lot of people on here being critical of the new single… I really expected something more/different the way those insiders were hyping it up. It’s rly giving “i’ve heard this before” to me. Same tempo, structure, build up, etc as we can find on LMLYLAW, IYLDWM, BBS…

Give it a few days to see if any opinions change. I feel like initial reactions are always like that. I actually really like the song, but I don’t think it’s that much better than some of the songs on Chemtrails or BB. It seems like there will be more variety on this album, though so I’m still looking forward to hearing the rest. 

3 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Give it a few days to see if any opinions change. I feel like initial reactions are always like that. I actually really like the song, but I don’t think it’s that much better than some of the songs on Chemtrails or BB. It seems like there will be more variety on this album, though so I’m still looking forward to hearing the rest. 

Yep once that Honeymoon phase is over people will come to their senses

3 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

Why isn’t Taylor posting anything about the Tunnel 🚇 song? 

snake 🐍 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

50 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Why do i not see a lot of people on here being critical of the new single… I really expected something more/different the way those insiders were hyping it up. It’s rly giving “i’ve heard this before” to me. Same tempo, structure, build up, etc as we can find on LMLYLAW, IYLDWM, BBS…

1. it's called a comfort zone for a reason 
2. just because you don't love it doesn't mean the rest of the world should be critical of it. i personally love it, specially how she mixed all the elements that were scattered across the whole BB album in a single song to create a solid and structured record that builds up beautifully. 
you can state your opinions but don't complain about people "not being critical of the new single" just cause u believed the same things insiders say everytime someone is about to release an album. if you took SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS from insiders as facts then that's on you :wtf2:

we're already having debates about this track, if we'll even like it in a couple of days, lana's growth as an artist, etc. while i'm over here knowing i'll be enjoying this gorgeous track for years to come bangswipe.gif watch me when i'm 70 building a house for my pet capybaras while listening to lana sing FUCK ME TO DEATH bangswipe.gif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Experimenting with lyrics and song structures is just as valuable as experimenting with sound/style, now that's the real tea :clapback:

I'd rather have Lana in her "comfort zone" and knock it out of the park every single time like she's mostly been doing, rather than delving into EDM or heavy metal and falling on her face

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

55 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

i do generally agree with it sounding similar although i do still love the song and i actually feel like it's a perfected version of all of those songs if that makes sense

i do hope this is the only song like that though :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

we're already having debates about this track, if we'll even like it in a couple of days, lana's growth as an artist, etc.

what is there to talk about other than the just released song :bebe:

and for the record i love the song but i also love hyperanalyzing everything and talking about it :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif