Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

Just now, maysparkle said:

I made my boyfriend listen and he said it sounds so much like IYLDWM and that IYLDWM is the superior song 🙄 he wasn’t listening with sound proof headphones though like I was
 I don’t know, to me Tunnel sounds like it had a certain melancholy that’s been lacking from her stuff for awhile, and it makes it different and beautiful. 

Fr about the melancholy, I did think that TATUOB has this “urgency” like some have said and it conveys something I can’t explain but I love. (If the song would have stopped at 3:30 it would have been perfect but the choir and the same lines being repeated kill my feelings towards the end) but I also have to say I think IYLDWM is one of the best songs I’ve heard from her. I’ve said it countless times but I think we’re in for something special, we’re just gonna have to wait and see if this is a “weaker track” or what.

Just now, DCooper said:

People have had a long history here of very rudely describing what they think of Lana's music and it's just weird to me, especially on a forum dedicated to her. I can't imagine being her and reading some of the things people feel comfortable saying here.

Anyways, it's definitely your right to not like the song, I am just expressing the depth and power that I see. I don't see anything flat or redundant in this song at all.

And I don’t deny that what you see in it is legitimate, 100%. I LOVE ‘Ride,’ ‘Old Money,’ ‘Yosemite,’ ‘IYLDWM’ And VFR—those are my all-time favorites, but I wouldn’t be offended if you said you thought they were her worst—whether you knew my opinion about them or not. None of us see things in exactly the same way.

As far as Lana being offended by something said here, it’s a forum for her Stans and fans, and, as a public figure, she must know that not even a Stan is going to like or love everything she produces, and also that when you get up on a public stage to perform, you have to expect some people to applaud and others to boo or walk out or to review it badly after the fact. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

And I don’t deny that what you see in it is legitimate, 100%. I LOVE ‘Ride,’ ‘Old Money,’ ‘Yosemite,’ ‘IYLDWM’ And VFR—those are my all-time favorites, but I wouldn’t be offended if you said you thought they were her worst—whether you knew my opinion about them or not. None of us see things in exactly the same way.

As far as Lana being offended by something said here, it’s a forum for her Stans and fans, and, as a public figure, she must know that not even a Stan is going to like or love everything she produces, and also that when you get up on a public stage to perform, you have to expect some people to applaud and others to boo or walk out or to review it badly after the fact. 

Perfectly said. :oic2:

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

People have had a long history here of very rudely describing what they think of Lana's music and it's just weird to me, especially on a forum dedicated to her. I can't imagine being her and reading some of the things people feel comfortable saying here.

Anyways, it's definitely your right to not like the song, I am just expressing the depth and power that I see. I don't see anything flat or redundant in this song at all.

And I have consistently spoken out against people being rude, supercilious, arrogant, etc. here for years. We should all be civil to one another, but someone saying, ‘yeah, it’s a turd,’ I do not consider rude or uncivil, but a funny way of expressing displeasure. Life is not a Doris Day movie. 

i love this song but i do see what people are saying about the delivery, besides the “don’t forget me” part this song’s melody isn’t striking and i keep forgetting what it sounds like. unlike songs such as tulsa jesus freak, cherry, cinnamon girl, most of btd/uv, etc where i just need to listen to the song once to get hooked on its melody and sing it to myself all day. 

i think what a lot of people are looking for is a song that’s bold sonically, not just lyrically 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :š ·.· š:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

And I have consistently spoken out against people being rude, supercilious, arrogant, etc. here for years. We should all be civil to one another, but someone saying, ‘yeah, it’s a turd,’ I do not consider rude or uncivil, but a funny way of expressing displeasure. Life is not a Doris Day movie. 

‘Life is not a Doris Day Movie’ just spat out my tea reading that.  You’re amazing lol

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

26 minutes ago, Mer said:

speak for yourself—I was 14 when UV came out and every word of that record spoke directly to my soul. I was in love (and sexually confused) about this older girl in the 10th grade who was dangerous (she once showed me a topless woman on her phone in the school hallways) and a bad influence (her parents let us have a sip of wine at dinner). If that’s not what UV was aboutâ€ŠđŸ’â€â™‚ïž

I was 18 when Honeymoon dropped and shortly a year after, it became my definite top record of all time. By the end of 2016 I had gone through my first two “relationships” (if you call 5 months stings a relationship) and had already came out. So I do understand your experience with UV.

although I don’t have any boob and wine connotations with HM ( :xgiggle: ), I do want to blow up a helicopter with a nerf gun at times  

6 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

‘Life is not a Doris Day Movie’ just spat out my tea reading that.  You’re amazing lol

You’re one for my favorites here, you know. 

1 minute ago, Pnin said:

Crying at the song so I guess I love it. What’s the consensus? I can’t even start to catch up, so many pages :bop:

Generally liked much more than anything on Blue Banisters and Chemtrails, but still hasn't been enough of a change of pace for some

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

If you have apple music, set your crossfade time to 12 seconds. Then play Ocean Boulevard and queue up Don't Forget Me by Harry Nilsson directly after.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952aa60881f755422225

it also works when you play Don't Forget Me first and queue up OB after

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

my stupid dumb bf hAtEs Lana's music, but even HE listened to it, willingly, I didn't even ask him to do it, before I even had heard the song myself!!! and even HE was mesmerized by the magical intro :smile2: and he ofc too giggled (and became stunned) at the "fuck me to death" line (sadly he didn't listen to the song in full but! baby steps right?) :blush3:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

8 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

If you have apple music, set your crossfade time to 12 seconds. Then play Ocean Boulevard and queue up Don't Forget Me by Harry Nilsson directly after.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952aa60881f755422225

Hide contents

it also works when you play Don't Forget Me first and queue up OB after

Just letting all spotify users who might not be aware: it works on spotify as well!

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy